• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

In this grieving period where we are all trying to overcome the trauma of the defeat to Napoli, we should focus on internal solutions to our midfield problems plus all our defensive and attack and our management problems. Transfer solutions or even looking at other bitches outside of our club is pointless as we cannot do anything on that front. If you want to comfort yourself with any thoughts then think of Jude, the 20 year old that has won nothing and will be joining us to replace all our midfielders next season who are due to move on. Yes one man will replace all of keita, Ox and Milner.

Don't think he's ready personally, Fabio looks the all round better player judging from his cameo's.

The question is - can he own the half space creative role better than Trent - because one of them needs to defend.

And currently we find ourselves in a position where we can't replace either of them... until Arthur and Thiago are in the team I guess.

People like to rag on TAA for his defending but he has been a key part of this teams success over the last few years. I like Elliot but right now the priority simply has to be getting TAA the cover he needs and if it means sacrificing Elliot's development in the short term then we have to do it.

In terms of fight and attitude, yes.

Last 2 games have showed he's not ready, especially for the big games.

I mean, it's not like he's making wrong decisions. Sadly no one else looks remotely like they can be fucked.

I have no issues with Harvey, and even the defensive issues come with the whole team not hounding people in a pack

The question is - can he own the half space creative role better than Trent - because one of them needs to defend.

Trent is in full on lobotomy mode so is doing neither attacking nor defending. When we’ve looked good it was pass and move between Salah, Elliott and Trent. But two of those three are in a bad place at the moment. That combination has the potential to provide assists from anywhere from the middle to the right hand side.

If they are all on song the defending becomes less of an issue because we will have the ball and be penetrating with it. I think it’s less of an issue if fabs has the deeper Thiago next to him and the athletic Konate behind who has that physical presence to command that defensive part of the pitch.

If you mean own as in walk round like billy big bollocks, then I think he will provided he’s given time. He’s still had a handful of games at this level and is still developing.

[article]
DANILO – PALMEIRAS TO ARSENAL

Palmeiras, according to Goal, have no intention of accepting Arsenal’s £20 million bid for Danilo. The presence of a £30 million release clause in his contract, however, means the Copa Libertadores winners would be powerless to prevent the 21-year-old’s departure if the Gunners are willing to increase their opening offer.
Danilo, a deep-lying midfielder who models himself on N’Golo Kante, would step in for the injured Thomas Partey and Mohamed Elneny while freeing up Ainsley Maitland-Niles to join Southampton.
[/article]

There's only one Adama, and he plays for Wolves. The world has missed an unpolished gem who never came into the hands of greatest Jeweller in the world.
Anyway, I've moved on to the Brazilian Pogba without the injury and attitude issues, Danilo.

So unpolished is this uncut gem that’s he’s still just a lump of coal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom