• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Konrad Lahmer has explained why he didn't sign for Liverpool this summer.

The RB Leipzig midfielder was linked with a move to Anfield, however Jurgen Klopp opted to sign Arthur Melo on loan from Juventus instead.

"[Liverpool's interest] wasn't so hot that anything would have happened," Laimer told Bild.

"A hasty departure is not my thing. If I were to change clubs, I would want to think it through and decide calmly, not overnight.

"Especially since the first half of the season is very short anyway due to the World Cup and you wouldn't have had time to settle in and find your feet.

"The Premier League is nice, but for me it's not a must. It's much more important to me: how do people talk to me, what feeling do I have about something."[/article]

So you know, in Jan, Danilo becomes available, his club would want to sell him.

My suspicion is that Keita or his agent tried to pull a move on Klopp/the club either by trying to force a move or to force a contract resulting in Keita declaring himself injured for the Newcastle game.

or maybe I have read too many Ross posts
He's always injured. How the hell can you think one injury out of 800 is a conspiracy.

He’s missing Thiago next to him and one of Matip and Big Ib behind.

I think also, in addition to Thiago helping move the ball, the energy of someone to his right, helping to cover Trent. A box to box lad.
The one Hendo used to be. Ibo helps a bit but not enough for the midfield to be balanced.

And some seem to think Matip not Thiago will make all the difference :D
Bro, you take this all so personally. Relax and let it go. It’s ok to be wrong. Nothing is at stake. It’s just an Internet forum.

And some seem to think Matip not Thiago will make all the difference :D

No one said Matip would make the difference instead of Thiago, talk about selective self championing. The point was, dropping Trent for Matip might help, and that Thiago needed to be protected. As it was, the predicted backline failed again, regardless of the 4th goal. Everyone knows Thiago will make *a* difference, but we want him to make a difference across the majority of the season and no one wants to see Trent in a red shirt at all at the moment, even if that means persisting with Gomez in a different role. It makes sense in every respect. But you keep championing yourself as Thiago's only fan, like a guy who's just decided to claim he's invented the wheel.

My suspicion is that Keita or his agent tried to pull a move on Klopp/the club either by trying to force a move or to force a contract resulting in Keita declaring himself injured for the Newcastle game.

or maybe I have read too many Ross posts

oh maybe I am on to something!

I don’t tend to watch much Foreign footy now but this Martin Zubimendi looks decent. Anyone with any decent knowledge of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom