• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

This new striker in January

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumoured fee for Walcott is 10 mill. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
He's massivly underrated on here but he's a player that would improve us greatly.
10m for theo or 6m for huntelarr, ideally both, otherwise I would choose theo.

I wouldn't. Above all else we need goals from whoever we sign, Huntelaar sh!ts goals and Walcott doesn't to anything like the same extent, despite a better scoring record more recently. As for playing him as a striker, haven't we suffered enough over the years from playing new signings in positions different from those in which they've been playing before coming to us? Too many fellow posters on here are allowing their desperation for us to score more goals to get in the way of their judgment about Walcott IMHO.

kuyt, bellers, maxi, carroll OUT

Borini IN

Hmmmm

January window is massive for us

The rumoured fee for Walcott is 10 mill. I'd sign him in a heartbeat.
He's massivly underrated on here but he's a player that would improve us greatly.

What about if he turns into the new downing/cole, that was great for his last club and shite for ours? And He'll want TOP dollar, 100k I'd have thought.
He'll want to go to a club where he's played through the middle, that's what he's currently moaning about. Can you see Rodgers, putting a winger upfront and gambling he'll score bagloads of goals, and then dropping our striker onto the wing? I can't. And rightly so.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, because he's obviously not, he has a lot of plus points, and I'd take him in a blink to play as a wing forward, but I wouldn't swap Suarez up top for him, and I don't think he's worth 100k a week.

The big difference is that he's 23, and seem to be improving after a stop start career at Arsenal.
As they said 7 years ago in Goal, the boy is a bit special and he'd improve us greatly.

Where is he going to play to solve all our problems? Rodgers formation, much like Rafa's, is one upfront, and then these mystical goal scoring wing forwards.
If we sign a 'goalscorer' in Jan, does he go upfront and then we push Suarez out of position? I can't see us going 442.
I can't see how Dempsey would have fitted in if we'd have got him.

I think we've got more problems than a goal scoring striker, the goals need to be spread out more between the front 6. And at the moment, Sterling, Suso, Gerrard, Allen and Shelvey don't look like scoring for toffee.

Deja fucking vu.

United have 4 brilliant strikers.
City have 4 brilliant strikers

We have 1.

Squads aren't made up of 11 players.

Walcott @ Suarez could interchange between centre & right.

Sterling & Borini can play across the line, although Borini's natural position might be to the left - and I don't think Sterling is ready for the centre and I'm worried about overplaying him.

Huntlear & Walcott wpuld improve our forward line exponentially for not much difference to what we can expect from flogging Andy Carroll.

It's as close to a no-brainer as we'll get.

So what if Walcott wants 100k a week - that's what we're paying Joe Cole isn't it? There's another no-brainer in there about what should happen to Cole.

I will honestly be disappointed if we only sign one starker in Jan
I'd be fairly confident we'll sign 2 and I reckon it's going to be Huntelaar and Hooper (Celtic). According to my Celtic mates LFC have already offered £12m for Hooper! I hope this is incorrect because, even though I rate him highly, he will be in the last year of his contract in January and we should be paying no more than £8m.

If we can raise money by selling Henderson, Downing, Spearing, Wilson, etc (might get £15m for the lot) and buy Huntelaar, Hooper and Zaha for £27m (£7m, £8m and £12m) we would have huge attacking potential.

The beauty of Zaha is he plays a lot like Ronaldo (Portuguese) and can play down the middle as well as either wing, so the attacking options with Suarez, Hooper, Huntelaar, Zaha, Sterling, Assaidi and Suso are limitless.

I'd be fairly confident we'll sign 2 and I reckon it's going to be Huntelaar and Hooper (Celtic). According to my Celtic mates LFC have already offered £12m for Hooper! I hope this is incorrect because, even though I rate him highly, he will be in the last year of his contract in January and we should be paying no more than £8m.

If we can raise money by selling Henderson, Downing, Spearing, Wilson, etc (might get £15m for the lot) and buy Huntelaar, Hooper and Zaha for £27m (£7m, £8m and £12m) we would have huge attacking potential.

The beauty of Zaha is he plays a lot like Ronaldo (Portuguese) and can play down the middle as well as either wing, so the attacking options with Suarez, Hooper, Huntelaar, Zaha, Sterling, Assaidi and Suso are limitless.

I'd be over the moon if we signed Zaha and Huntelaar in the window, but fat adam has tainted my hope that there's any good scottish players anymore :(

According to my Celtic mates LFC have already offered £12m for Hooper!.

I stand corrected, I've found a bigger no brainer.

£6m on Huntlear or £12on Hooper.

As its us... I'm suspecting overpaying for the shit Celtic player will override underpaying for the world class Dutch finisher seems more likely.

I stand corrected, I've found a bigger no brainer.

£6m on Huntlear or £12on Hooper.

As its us... I'm suspecting overpaying for the shit Celtic player will override underpaying for the world class Dutch finisher seems more likely.
It's not a total no-brainer Stevie because Hooper is an excellent player and 4 or 5 years younger than Huntelaar. Given the option though I'd probably plump for Huntelaar but if it was Huntelaar for £7m or Hooper for £9m...........I'd take Hooper.

What did you think of Jelavic when he was with Rangers?

Based on his signings so far I actually trust that Rodgers won't take a needless risk on a striker. I just hope he is given the backing he needs for this.

I also think with a centre forward we would look like:

----------------CF-------------
-Sterling---Suarez---Suso
---------Allen-----Gerrard

or

----------------CF-------------
-Sterling---Suarez---Gerrard
---------Allen-----Lucas

23 starts for Everton in the EPL and 15 goals would suggest you may be wrong.

22 & 13 on the league.

Don't like him. Never have. Never will.

The goals will dry up and you'll never hear of him again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom