• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxi & Kuyt were probably on 80-90k, and Adam was on 50-60k ... There is NO way the additional salaries of Skrtel, Suarez & Gerrard (& soon Agger) are even 1/4 of what we've shed (or will shed).

A central Striker, that isn't some chav/arse reject, coming in.
Some shite, usual suspects, leaving.
Everybody evaluates window, then gets their fucking party on.

Maxi - £100k
Kuyt - £100k
Aqualiani - £120k
Bellamy - £85k
Carroll - £80k
Adam - £80k
Spearing - Free goody bag.

Thats a lot of money, sure they may not be 100% accurate, but they're whats been rumoured and they'll be there or there abouts. I'm sure you yourself have spoken about these players and how good it is to get them off the wage bill this summer. Joe Cole will be taken off the wage bill too, be it a sale or a loan.

What's your point Mystic ?

I've said the ins pretty much match up with outs so far, and our net spend is quite large so I'm expecting more sales.

Well this has gone off topic..

2352022690_3c727da24e.jpg

*runs*

We've given pay rises to Suarez, Skrtel and probably Gerrard.

I seriously doubt that. FSG are not going to give a 32 yr old a pay rise. Probably just a straight extension to his existing package.

Rodgers and FSG were both on about having to lower the wage bill so I would be extremely surprised it there wasn't a substantial net saving.

Out:

Cole
Adam
Carroll

Possibly out:

Downing
Henderson

In:

Out & out striker
Wing forward who can play all 3 forward positions

Possibly in:

Left back

Out:
Cole
Adam
Spearing
Carroll

In:
Dempsey (or similar)
Walcott or Affaley (yes please).
Downing (to LB - does that count as a new signing if it is an improvement) ?

Agger will be sold

We'll be told he handed in a transfer request at the last minute and forced our hand

Hope your not right

This line from club was used for the meierles transfer last summer. Club could have refused the request as it came so late in the day but didn't and were happy to accept monies.

Carroll, Adam and Spearing out is about 160k a week.

If we sign Walcott, we might not have reduced the wage bill significally but have changed the average age of the squad and quality.

Well- appaz the City bid for Scott Sinclair has stalled, and they might take a punt on Walcott instead. Any takers to sneak in and make it happen?

According to Oliver Kay we will give Joe Cole a free transfer if someone will takehim off. Us

I love transfer dealine day drama. Its intriguing. Lovely cloak and dagger stuff.

Now let's see if there's a few good surprises coming our way.

The manager added: "You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that Andy has been a cover player for us. He has been excellent in terms of his attitude and his acceptance of where he is at but, for us as a football club, and I am talking generically here, I'm not sure we are in a position to have £35m players as third choice strikers or wingers who might be on £5m-£6m a year. I don't think the football club is in that position. This is the challenge that I have to work something but it is not going to be done overnight."
Is he is taking about Cole here?

Cole is on 100K per week, isn't he?
I seem to recall reading somewhere that his signing on bonus is being paid weekly to him as well so that he is actually costing the club £120k per week.
It could be all bollocks though I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom