• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

[article]Liverpool, like City, were incredibly good last season – they would have won the title most years – but, as Klopp says, they cannot afford to stand still. Having just parted with the likable but erratic Alberto Moreno, they are now in the market for a back-up left-back. Junior Firpo of Real Betis fits the bill and Liverpool are undismayed by the 22-year‑old’s release clause of £45m. That’s inflation for you but if the deal does go ahead at least the player’s age is right, even if there seems no reason to worry unnecessarily about the future when Andy Robertson is one of the best in the business and only 25.[/article]

[article]
Mainz's Jean-Philippe Gbamin is another Liverpool target according to the player's agent.
"In January 2018 Klopp called Mainz and wanted to commit him as a centre-back, who also helps out in midfield," agent Bernard Collignon is reported to have told Fussball Transfers.
"But Mainz did not want to let him go in the middle of the relegation battle. In the summer, Liverpool signed on to Fabinho. I had meetings with Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, Everton and many other clubs.

"He is in the shortlist. However, not as a top candidate, because its exact position is unclear."
[/article]

Last edited:
I think our transfer department is now such a tightly run ship that it renders any media speculation about our recruitment targets essentially meaningless. I genuinely have no idea if ANY of the players mentioned as our targets are actually targets at all; all LFC-related media reporting seems to be mostly driven by the players' agents and therefore doesn't reveal anything about our true priorities. This is why I'm not doing my usual summer transfer thread this year; there is just no point.

One day, when Klopp is done with LFC, I think he can use his impressive record in creating a watertight leak-proof apparatus to apply to be the head of the CIA or something.

Last edited:
The wild speculation has gone, but once we identify our targets, it's not like they're some major secret. In the last couple of windows, it was only the Fabinho signing that was a complete surprise.

Van Dijk, Alisson and Keita were long term targets and that was widely known to all for a while. Our pursuit of Salah, Chamberlain, Shaqiri was also broken a few weeks before those transfers happened. The Fekir pursuit was also very much public knowledge for a while.

Suffice to say if we've been interested in someone for a while, news of it will be broken.

Yeah but transfer speculation is 90% bullshit, so while the papers or twitter will link us with players we are interested in that will be drowned out by all the links with players we have zero interest in. Once mainstream newspapers started running stories based on unverifiable twitter rumours it was clear the whole thing was just a means of generating clicks from fans. Its best not to even pay attention to a rumour until you hear of a medical being scheuled.

You’re right there about the transfer crap. Now there’s a rumour that Juventus haven’t made an offer for de Ligt at all. Signor Raiola guilty of overselling his client(s)?

Liverpool and Tottenham are both targeting Mainz midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin, report Fussball Transfers.

The Ivory Coast international enjoyed an excellent season in the Bundesliga last time out, making 31 appearances for Sandro Schwarz's side.

And the 2018/19 Champions League finalists are both keeping tabs on the 23-year-old, as are Premier League rivals Everton.

Gbamin, who can also play at centre-back, is keen to seal a move away from Mainz this summer.

GettyImages-1142586493.jpg

Who the fuck are we actually going for ? I would have thought we would be right in there with our targets already set. But it seems like we are either after players who are in one of the tournaments that are taking place...copa america, afcon, u21 euro cup...fuck me maybe we are trying to sign a woman from the wimens world cup for marketing purposes.

The players we are being linked with all seem to be non-creative mids so a bit worried we are not gonna a sign one yet again this season.

You’re right there about the transfer crap. Now there’s a rumour that Juventus haven’t made an offer for de Ligt at all. Signor Raiola guilty of overselling his client(s)?

Barca had an agreement with De Ligt back in December.

However, once Ajax went on to reach the UCL semi final Raiola demanded a better contract for De Ligt.

That's where it all broke down.

Barca had an agreement with De Ligt back in December.

However, once Ajax went on to reach the UCL semi final Raiola demanded a better contract for De Ligt.

That's where it all broke down.
I wonder how much influence Ronaldo had over the transfer? After the semifinal, he personally asked De Light to come to Juve. One good thing, the saga is over.

We're supposedly after some French guy from Rennes
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...aud-Arsenal-Man-Utd-Tottenham-Chelsea-rumours

Last edited:
Echo saying Origi wants to go. If true then its gonna be hard replacing a sub that has come good each time he has been called upon. Fucks sake.

Echo saying Origi wants to go. If true then its gonna be hard replacing a sub that has come good each time he has been called upon. Fucks sake.
If true then we should sell. He's never gonna be a regular starter for us and we will get considerably more for him now than we would have 3 months ago. I'd listen to any offers over £25m.

I'd keep him in the team. Defo get another forward who can challenge the front 3 for regular starting slots but Divock has been effective and I can see that only getting better if we up his game time. I personally wouldn't sell someone who can be relied upon (to an extent) for end product when we need it unless we have replaced him with someone similar or better.

No issue with him wanting to go.

He gave us a chance at no19 and ensured no6

Cult hero status confirmed

He'd be mad to join a team that isn't in a title challenge if he goes abroad. He'll get lots of playing time this year due to AFCON/Copa America + Studge leaving. He's a nailed on starter for both Charity Shield & Super Cup too.

Origi stats, and they're not bad reading. Almost a goal every 90 mins. He is the modern day David Fairclough
STATS 18/19

[xtable=360x211]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2|199x@}Competition{/th}
{th=24x@} {/th}
{th=13x@} {/th}
{th=13x@} {/th}
{th=35x@} {/th}
{th=36x@} {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}