• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crickey. I knew there was something hinky about being able to but all them players and then seemingly pay them "normal" wages but not that pervasive.

This is why Pep lost his rag when that reporter asked him if he would receive any payments or bonuses from other companies. Proper LOLs but 100% happening.

Duncan should stick around for the under 23 league. He has only been here 5 minutes.
The U23s isn't the best place once a player has reached a certain level. They don't play anywhere near enough games. Loan for Duncan would be good at this stage of his development. Only thing that would worry me is if the quality of opposition is good enough. EFL would be better I would assume. Unless KHL can tell us otherwise.

The U23s isn't the best place once a player has reached a certain level. They don't play anywhere near enough games. Loan for Duncan would be good at this stage of his development. Only thing that would worry me is if the quality of opposition is good enough. EFL would be better I would assume. Unless KHL can tell us otherwise.

I thought we had signed up to some efl type league for youngsters. He should stick around and learn off the best rather than joining a tin pot league, whilst he has time on his side.

My main concern for the lad (given the pre season games) is that he is an old school fox in the box striker, who does not offer anything else. This type of striker is dying and he doesn't have any pace to compensate.

Felix is on 55k per week at Atletico.

Simeone worked his magic big time in enticing him to Ateltico - he could easily be on 200k pw at another club.

I think it's good to start this thread with Havertz, who is probably our biggest potential summer signing. Copied from the locked January thread:

=============
Somehow this slipped under the radar. It's on, and like I suspected, has been on for a while.

As of today, 19-year-old Havertz has started every single league game for Leverkusen (almost all in the #10 role – so rare for a young player to be given such responsibility!) and has 8 goals and 3 assists in the league and 3 and 3 in Europa League. According to Transfermarkt, his market value is the 3rd highest in the Bundesliga (behind only Lewandowski and Jadon Sancho), 7th among all attacking midfielders in the world and #1 in the world among players of his age group. Stylistically he most reminds me of De Bruyne.

[article]A number of Premier League clubs are reportedly preparing for a transfer battle after registering their interest in Leverkusen's Kai Havertz.
The 20-year-old midfielder is one of the hottest prospects in European football after some dazzling displays in the Bundesliga.

The Metro report that Leverkusen have slapped a £91 million price tag on their star man, but that has not deterred elite English clubs.

Arsenal , Chelsea , Man Utd and Liverpool are all said to have joined the race for his signature, according to reports from Sport 1 in Germany.
Man City are already in the frame for a potential transfer, while Real Madrid and Barcelona have also expressed an interest.[/article]

[article]A number of Premier League clubs are reportedly preparing for a transfer battle after registering their interest in Leverkusen's Kai Havertz.
The 20-year-old midfielder is one of the hottest prospects in European football after some dazzling displays in the Bundesliga.

The Metro report that Leverkusen have slapped a £91 million price tag on their star man, but that has not deterred elite English clubs.

Arsenal , Chelsea , Man Utd and Liverpool are all said to have joined the race for his signature, according to reports from Sport 1 in Germany.
Man City are already in the frame for a potential transfer, while Real Madrid and Barcelona have also expressed an interest.[/article]
I take a small pleasure in the fact that every team mentioned in that article, even the foreign ones, has a hyperlink to the Mirror page about them, with the exceptions of manc twats 1 and manc twats 2

Sancho 190k pw, De Ligt 460k pw, Mbappe 320k pw ...

But I agree with your 100k comment, you'd expect for a signing like that to be on 100k - but he's on half that.

The Guardian reported De Ligt on about 250k a week

[article]Fiorentina have joined the race to land Liverpool wonderkid Bobby Duncan - and the teenager is ready to leave Anfield.

The Italian side have made an offer to take the 18-year-old striker on loan until the end of the season.

Sportsmail understands Duncan wants to join Fiorentina due to frustrations over his lack of senior opportunities.

The youngster has removed links to Liverpool from his social media pages - a clear indication of his intention to sever ties with the club.

Fiorentina's offer comes after Danish side FC Nordsjaelland made a season-long loan bid to take the promising academy youngster.

Duncan is viewed as one of the brightest talents at the Liverpool academy and was part of Jurgen Klopp's pre-season plans.

But Duncan has concerns about his pathway into the senior set-up at Liverpool and is understood to be open to moving abroad.

The youngster, who is Steven Gerrard's cousin - set the Anfield academy alight last season following his arrival from Manchester City in 2018.

But Duncan, who scored 32 goals for the Reds academy academy last year, has grown concerned about his chances of breaking into Klopp's senior set up.[/article]

The numbers are insane. Is this sustainable?
weirdly it is...
Let's say that you're a player worth £50 million.
In weekly wages that's about £250k.

So while we and the rest of Europe are paying excessive amounts of cash upfront ( plus wages), Juventus have figured out that they can take the player for free and offer the transfer fee as the player's wage.

Would be absolutely delighted if we signed him, hes going to be an incredible attacking midfielder for the next decade. He plays like a younger version of DeBruyne

I don't think Bobby Duncan suits our style of play and maybe a year in Fiorentina might be good for him. But it's a bit suspect, are Fiorentina really going to play him?

Would be absolutely delighted if we signed him, hes going to be an incredible attacking midfielder for the next decade. He plays like a younger version of DeBruyne
He's different to De Bruyne imo... and potentially a lot better. Much more likely to be on the end of goals then be the main creative force though.

I don't think Bobby Duncan suits our style of play and maybe a year in Fiorentina might be good for him. But it's a bit suspect, are Fiorentina really going to play him?
That’s was my first thought. Sounds like a smoke signifies his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom