• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]
Liverpool are set to lose out on millions of pounds with Philippe Coutinho on the verge of a loan move to Bayern Munich, according to reports.

Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed on Friday that Coutinho was set for a medical over the weekend before completing a season-long loan deal.

The deal reportedly includes an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season if he proves a success at the Allianz Arena.

The Brazil international has flattered to deceive since his £142million switch from Anfield to the Nou Camp in January 2018.

And Spanish publication Sport (via Sport Witness) claims that Liverpool are set to lose €25m from the deal that convinced the Reds hierarchy to sell him to Barcelona.

The Catalan giants reportedly paid €120m up front with €40m coming in add-ons with the Reds so far receiving €15m of the further ‘variables’.

The Reds got €10m for Barcelona qualifying for the Champions League in the last two seasons and €5m for him playing 25 matches for the club.

The report adds that because of his move to Bayern, the Reds are likely to miss out on €20m for him appearing 100 times for Barcelona and €5m for winning the Champions League while he is at the club.

[/article]
I've read elsewhere that the £18 million loan fee from Bayern will find its way into Liverpool coffers, too.

Last edited:
I dont think Id put Can in the same category as Coutinho, he was a young player that wanted to start and Klopp couldn't guarantee him a place so he moved on for a big wedge of cash. Coutinho had the team built around him and still fucked off in an underhand way.

Juve have exploded their wage bill in a way that Peter Ridsdale would consider reckless, thats why they need rid of Dybala and Can. But theyve created a massive problem in that they paid obscene wages and nobody else will match them. Watch in 2 years they will be desperate to get Ramseys insane £20m a season off the books. Hope they go bankrupt.

Shit .. so far since players have left Klopp or been moved on..has not quite worked out foe those players.

I was listening to a podcast the other day (Sky or BBC) and they were raving about this fellow. Saying if he isn't one of the World's Top 10 players already he soon will be.

No shit.

Athletico paid €126 million for him.
That's Mbappe level money.

No shit.

Athletico paid €126 million for him.
That's Mbappe level money.

And Chanel bags sell for US$20,000 over here. Doesn't mean they are worth it.

Regardless. He's still only played a handful of games (26 for Benfica and 1 La Liga start) so it's a huge gamble.

And Chanel bags sell for US$20,000 over here. Doesn't mean they are worth it.

Regardless. He's still only played a handful of games (26 for Benfica and 1 La Liga start) so it's a huge gamble.

True. Athletico isn't a club to throw money away easily though.

So coutinho the rat has gone to Bayern on loan then. 7mill loan fee plus his wages for a year. I think we're stupid not have been all over that at that price considering our midfield and lack of cover up front. It was being reported earlier in the window that it needed to be 27mill+wages which is understandably daft, but at 7mill, we've dropped a bollock I think.

In some clips he reminds me of Kaka.

The game needs a new generation of superstars to take over from Messi and Ronaldo so part of me wants to see players like him come good.

So coutinho the rat has gone to Bayern on loan then. 7mill loan fee plus his wages for a year. I think we're stupid not have been all over that at that price considering our midfield and lack of cover up front. It was being reported earlier in the window that it needed to be 27mill+wages which is understandably daft, but at 7mill, we've dropped a bollock I think.

This is why English clubs are now at a disadvantage in the transfer market.

Barca may have still been playing hardball then.

The bad news is that with teenagers like Felix and Mbappe being the world's 2nd and 4th most expensive players, we're going to have a hard time landing Jadon Sancho / Havertz next year (if we are even targeting them). We would probably need a 200m warchest minimum before talking wages.

That's 290 k a week in wages though. I'm not sure what that does to squad unity .

That's 290 k a week in wages though. I'm not sure what that does to squad unity .

Exactly. Imagine everyone watching the cunt who feigned injury to force his move away come back and get paid twice as much as before

Felix looks the business though, was ridiculous in pre-season too. Huge fee but all the signs are there

In some clips he reminds me of Kaka.

The game needs a new generation of superstars to take over from Messi and Ronaldo so part of me wants to see players like him come good.

He does indeed. He reminds me of our Serbian Kaka , who galloped down the pitch with his hair flowing in the wind.

I expect Joao Felix to have a better career than our Lazar though.

This is why English clubs are now at a disadvantage in the transfer market.

Barca may have still been playing hardball then.
Coutinho pretty much told Barca that he only wanted to join Liverpool. We had the upper hand.

I dont think Id put Can in the same category as Coutinho, he was a young player that wanted to start and Klopp couldn't guarantee him a place so he moved on for a big wedge of cash. Coutinho had the team built around him and still fucked off in an underhand way.

Juve have exploded their wage bill in a way that Peter Ridsdale would consider reckless, thats why they need rid of Dybala and Can. But theyve created a massive problem in that they paid obscene wages and nobody else will match them. Watch in 2 years they will be desperate to get Ramseys insane £20m a season off the books. Hope they go bankrupt.

So do the Fiat factory workers who got laid off to help cover the costs of Fake Ronaldo’s wages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom