• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Song is available for 8 mill but also a free season long loan.
Sell Lucas and get him on loan with an option to buy.

Another blatant and vulgar tap-up by Bayern / Barca / Real that's going to go unpunished.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1990750...cts-borussia-dortmund-marco-reus-exit-in-2015

[article]Beckenbauer predicts Marco Reus exit

Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer has told Bild he believes Borussia Dortmund will not be able to keep Marco Reus beyond the summer of 2015.

Rumours of a potential Reus transfer away from Dortmund next year have intensified this summer, as the 25-year-old can reportedly trigger a release clause.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's told ESPN FC during the Bundesliga champions' recent U.S. tour that he believes the clause is set at 25 million euros.

Rummenigge also hinted at a possible interest in Reus, and his remarks led to a row between the two most successful Bundesliga clubs in recent years.

On Monday, Beckenbauer wrote in his weekly column for Bild that he could imagine Reus becoming the next Dortmund player to join the Bundesliga champions.

"When you can get a player of his class, you have to try everything," he said. "It's understandable that Dortmund don't like the Reus discussion. But the amount of his release clause will not have been the biggest secret. Quite possibly every interested club was aware of it."

"Should Reus not join FC Bayern in 2015, he will probably move to an international top club like Real [Madrid] or Manchester [United]. Dortmund will hardly be able to keep him."

Matthias Dersch of Dortmund-based newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten told ESPN FC on Monday: "According to my sources, Marco Reus turned down an enquiry from FC Bayern this summer,"

Meanwhile, Reus and Neven Subotic started their first competitive match in months as both featured in the 4-1 German DFB Pokal win at third division side Stuttgarter Kickers.

Reus picked up a serious ankle injury meaning his missed out on Germany's World Cup glory, while Subotic suffered an ACL tear in November 2013

Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp said: "Marco has been training normally for one and a half weeks, and at one point we had to start bringing him on in a competitive match."[/article]

No, but my own judgement isn't based on that, really. That's just a money thing. If Ajax, Benfica or Atletico came into oil type money, players would swiftly be queuing up to go there.

But, yeah, if an elite club is one where players want to go, no Atletico isn't one. And Chelsea, seemingly, is. Or almost is. Or whatever. So I think we do disagree there.

I guess this really is a subjective topic (which I obviously knew before I entered the thread!). I'd prefer an Ajax or a Benfica to a Monaco or a Chelsea, even if top players don't.

Maybe I just have a grudge against oil.

*sells car*

But forget Chelsea and PSG. Surely you recognise the difference between Ajax, Benfica, and Atletico, and Bayern, Real, and Barcelona? It's not just money, is it? They're also superior in fan base, history, glamour, European success.

Success breeds glamour, glamour brings fans, romance and 'history'

And the ugly truth is, money brings success.

But forget Chelsea and PSG. Surely you recognise the difference between Ajax, Benfica, and Atletico, and Bayern, Real, and Barcelona? It's not just money, is it? They're also superior in fan base, history, glamour, European success.

Yeah, I see the difference and agree there are two different scales operating there. Though, saying that, Barcelona's European (Cup) success is all current, even if their domestic success goes back decades. But I definitely take your point.

Another blatant and vulgar tap-up by Bayern / Barca / Real that's going to go unpunished.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1990750...cts-borussia-dortmund-marco-reus-exit-in-2015

Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer has told Bild he believes Borussia Dortmund will not be able to keep Marco Reus beyond the summer of 2015.
On Monday, Beckenbauer wrote in his weekly column for Bild that he could imagine Reus becoming the next Dortmund player to join the Bundesliga champions.

"When you can get a player of his class, you have to try everything," he said. "It's understandable that Dortmund don't like the Reus discussion. But the amount of his release clause will not have been the biggest secret. Quite possibly every interested club was aware of it."

"Should Reus not join FC Bayern in 2015, he will probably move to an international top club like Real [Madrid] or Manchester [United]. Dortmund will hardly be able to keep him."[/article]

We already know that Beckenbauer will steep as low as he can go ... Qatar proved that.

"[/article]

That is low.
I would really lose respect for Reus if he signs for Bayern now. Would be a kick in the balls for the fans.

Rumours of a potential Reus transfer away from Dortmund next year have intensified this summer, as the 25-year-old can reportedly trigger a release clause.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's told ESPN FC during the Bundesliga champions' recent U.S. tour that he believes the clause is set at 25 million euros.

Rummenigge also hinted at a possible interest in Reus, and his remarks led to a row between the two most successful Bundesliga clubs in recent years.

"Should Reus not join FC Bayern in 2015, he will probably move to an international top club like Real [Madrid] or Manchester [United]. Dortmund will hardly be able to keep him."

Matthias Dersch of Dortmund-based newspaper Ruhr Nachrichten told ESPN FC on Monday: "According to my sources, Marco Reus turned down an enquiry from FC Bayern this summer,"

Meanwhile, Reus and Neven Subotic started their first competitive match in months as both featured in the 4-1 German DFB Pokal win at third division side Stuttgarter Kickers.

Reus picked up a serious ankle injury meaning his missed out on Germany's World Cup glory, while Subotic suffered an ACL tear in November 2013

Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp said: "Marco has been training normally for one and a half weeks, and at one point we had to start bringing him on in a competitive match."[/article]

Rummenigge caused a bit of a stir during their tour here in the U.S. with his comments about the buyout clause.

Ronald Koeman tells clubs keen on Morgan Schneiderlin, “hands-off” – he’s NOT leaving Southampton

Brazilian full-back Douglas is on the verge of securing a move to Catalan giants Barcelona, according to Sao Paulo’s vice-presidentAtaide Gil Guerreiro. The 24-year-old Sao Paulo defender has been a long-term target of the Blaugrana, and now it seems a deal has been agreed, with personal terms the only stumbling block to the transfer's completion.

Villarreal boss Marcelino Garcia Toral is optimistic that Premier League target Mateo Musacchio will stay at the club. Reports emerged earlier this month that Tottenham Hotspur were in talks over a move for the defender, while there is also rumoured to be interest from another Spanish club.

Ouch, thats a shite deal.

@FabrizioRomano: Man United has agreement with Sporting Lisboa for Marcos #Rojo: €20M + Nani on loan, deal done. Rojo on next days in Uk for medicals #MUFC

I'm sure I read that Porto had made 600m since 2000 or something incredibly business like!

No, Utd. Rojo for 20 mill euros is very overpriced.

Utd have the second highest net spend in Europe for the last 5 windows. Look at that squad.

Overpriced but a good addition to the squad in an area badly in need of reinforcements. If it goes through!

Hoping we can get to number 1 for net spend by the end of the window :) Do we have far to go?

Overpriced but a good addition to the squad in an area badly in need of reinforcements. If it goes through!

Hoping we can get to number 1 for net spend by the end of the window :) Do we have far to go?

Ha! Yeah, PSG have blown everyone out of the water on that one. I think you need to spend about 75 mill or something to "win " that one.

Rojo is a good addition but a long way from the quality needed imho.

Ha! Yeah, PSG have blown everyone out of the water on that one. I think you need to spend about 75 mill or something to "win " that one.

Rojo is a good addition but a long way from the quality needed imho.

£75m from here in two weeks, unlikely who knows it could happen :)

I think Rojo will be a solid addition to the squad can play as CB and also provides cover for Shaw at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom