• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can sort balotelli's head out it'll be rodgers and peters. If they think they can do it after some no doubt lengthy discussions with him then this could be fucking ace.

Liverpool are close to loaning Balotelli with the option of making it permanent for £17.5m. (SportMediaSet, @NicoSchira)

A string of clubs have already said something similar to themselves about him, only to give up further down the line. We should be nowhere near this.

Listen, you're right ... at least till the end. But you shouldn't be against giving oaks a chance - maybe Rodgers can help him grow up to be a beautiful man like Raheem? :)

The only way Rodgers can fix Balotello is if Balotello is happy to be touched and rubbed vigorously by another man.

A loan move for Balotelli could be a decent signing. The lad is quality and scores goals.
He could probably be a world class striker if he sorted out the mental side of his game. The ability is unreal.
We do love crazy strikers now and Peters could do with a new challenge!

A 20 mill siging right away would be to much of a risk mind.

id love ballotelli, think he's exactly what we need, and his attitude on the pitch is alright, the only time i remember him being a dick is when he tried to score that stupid show off goal for man city but it was in a friendly so who cares? plus id like that crazy bastard bouncing around liverpool getting up to all sorts of mad adventures while he showers the bumper dance floor with cash filled kebabs

I've never seen anything from Balotelli to give me cause to rate him. However, my City supporting mates all thought he was really good.

I'd have thought the last thing that the club would want is another soap opera so seems a bizarre move for us.

That said, incredibly we seem in a pretty desperate situation which is ridiculous given we have a shit load of cash and CL footy to offer, so Balotelli may just represent the best of a bad bunch.

His performance against Germany in Euro 2012 was exceptional I thought. However I always felt he was a liability when watching him for City.

I've never seen anything from Balotelli to give me cause to rate him. However, my City supporting mates all thought he was really good.

I'd have thought the last thing that the club would want is another soap opera so seems a bizarre move for us.

That said, incredibly we seem in a pretty desperate situation which is ridiculous given we have a shit load of cash and CL footy to offer, so Balotelli may just represent the best of a bad bunch.

I think FSG have a history of picking up quality players who are underpriced due to them being bellends so i wouldnt worry, he might be a bit mad but he's not in the suarez mould, dont think we'd have to worry about him getting banned for large periods

a loan with option to buy would probably be ideal, we can shop around for others if he isnt great for us and can sack him off if he's a dick

Not enough to make me want to sign him, that's for definite. I reckon the guy's unfixable, he's wasted that many chances already.

At 23? He's been a victim as much of his own pathology as the fact that he burst on the scene so young.

There's a decent enough chance that with the right help he'll wake up to the fact that his talent will go wasted if he doesn't mature his attitude. At 23, I can forgive him his mistakes and he's young enough to improve greatly both on and off the field.

He'd be an excellent back-up option for Sturridge who might just fulfil potential and be the main man one day.

Biggest worry with Balotelli would be potential disruptions in training and locker room. All sorts of trouble around him at City and seemingly everywhere else.

And, he would either get on with Sturridge or they would clash big time.

Would love to be able to bring him on with 20 minutes left to change a game, though.

Biggest worry with Balotelli would be potential disruptions in training and locker room. All sorts of trouble around him at City and seemingly everywhere else.

And, he would either get on with Sturridge or they would clash big time.

Would love to be able to bring him on with 20 minutes left to change a game, though.

I don't know much of what happened at City, but a lot of may have been down to his gaffa ... Notice how Mourinho adored him at Inter despite his goofball ways. I say if he's our only option - and it's a loan - win win for us ... A back up striker who scores goals who can be excellent. If it doesn't work out, fuck him off to Milan next year.

The Boss already said no, cate-fuckin-gorically NO! I hope he doesn't lie as I think that sulking brat would cause more problems than he is worth.

“I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool,” Rodgers said on the eve of Liverpool’s game against Manchester United in Miami.
“In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was. And the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him. I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn’t be transmitted into us signing the player.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ot-sign-milan-mario-balotelli-brendan-rodgers
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/329489.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ny-move-for-the-ac-milan-striker-9645603.html
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news...ning-liverpool-brendan-rodgers-125000902.html

IF it was a loan with an option to buy, it'd be a marvellous deal. Don't see how we can lose. We get another striker who can play across the front line, which we badly need, and if he's shit, we bin him off.

Ray Hudson: This isn't just blazed home people, its caressed!! Sent with love from Super Mario - that's Amore!

Coming from you, Dan, that's worthy of note for more than one reason, but in answer to your opening question: yes, I'm afraid so. I know he's no more than 23 years old, but he's already had a shedload of help from an excellent adoptive family and a number of understanding and well resourced employers. What worries me particularly about him is that he's consciously hiding behind his undoubted early disadvantages with an attitude of "look how hard a start I had in life - you can't expect me to be any better". He actually stated this in so many words in the Italian press not that long ago. I don't have your professional background but I spent most of my career dealing with youngsters with similar problems and histories in an admin.capacity, something which I'm still doing on a voluntary basis as vice-chair of governors of a school for young people with similar difficulties, and I'm afraid I've tended to find that those who persistently refuse responsibility for themselves in such a deliberate way often don't grow out of that. I hope he does still have time to grow out of such a frame of mind, whether or not we sign him, but I'm afraid I'm sceptical.

Galliani: "At the moment no offer has arrived from LFC for Balotelli so there are no negotiations. Window closes on Sep1 so we'll see."

I don't think Sturridge's ego is too fragile. Mario's is more like a balloon that rapidly inflates before being popped by something then rapidly inflating again.

Mario's is more like a balloon that rapidly inflates before being popped by something then rapidly inflating again.

Larkin-esque.

A bubble is restively forming at your tip.
Burst it as fast as we can—
It will grow again, […]
Silently it inflates, till we’re enclosed
And forced to start the struggle to get out:
Bestial, intent, real.
The wet spark comes, the bright blown walls collapse,
But what sad scapes we cannot turn from then.
What ashen hills! what salted, shrunken lakes! […]
And how remote that bare and sunscrubbed room,
Intensely far, that padlocked cube of light
We neither define nor prove,
Where you, we dream, obtain no right of entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom