• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

VAR conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basketball style suspended screens is the only way I can think of for Anfield really.
Kinda like this, only it'd have to be suspended by wire from one stand to another cos obv we have no roof.

MTQ0NzgzMQ

Basketball style suspended screens is the only way I can think of for Anfield really.
Kinda like this, only it'd have to be suspended by wire from one stand to another cos obv we have no roof.

MTQ0NzgzMQ

Yeah... That could work. You're better at this than me.

Also, there's hardly anyone in that Cowboys game. Is that because it's all stop start all the time or coz Trump, or coz it's better on TV?

I guess I just answered my own question there. If you need a TV at the ground to watch the match you might as well just stay in and watch it on TV.

There is a reason why footy is the number one sport in the world, so why change it. If you sanitise it and remove all the gamesmanship it's not the same game. It's just stacking the odds even more in favour of the rich clubs, It will kill the FA Cup as a competition, how are smaller clubs going to going to kick fuck out and intimidate the big clubs, Being able to cheat makes it a much more fairer game.

I thought last night VAR was utter shite

Just to add to the conspiracy, they purposefully made Lee Mason ref that Citeh match so badly that loads of people are crying out for a decent version of VAR. This will continue.

There is a reason why footy is the number one sport in the world, so why change it. If you sanitise it and remove all the gamesmanship it's not the same game. It's just stacking the odds even more in favour of the rich clubs, It will kill the FA Cup as a competition, how are smaller clubs going to going to kick fuck out and intimidate the big clubs, Being able to cheat makes it a much more fairer game.

I thought last night VAR was utter shite

How does it favour rich clubs? They cheat less? They have more decisions go against them that VAR would reverse?

A lot of stuff that is now sent to VAR will slowly be internalised by players, so they'll adapt accordingly - for example, once they see several players done for diving or fouls in the box, they'll be less likely to do it (not Lovren, obviously, but most players). So a percentage of what involves VAR now won't once it's established. That's a good aspect of it - it'll gradually reduce the need for itself to be used. And the speed will improve not only when operators become more proficient at using it, but also when players learn to stop crowding around the ref. West Brom's players last night were just crazy, delaying the whole process by demanding explanations that were actually offered them several days before the game, but which they refused to take up.

Using VAR will gradually reduce the need for it to be used?

Will it fuck

Yes, will it, yes. Careful, though, your apparently brusque intolerance of contrary opinions might soon earn you the earn you the ire of certain mods, unless they are, well, a bit, biased.

They should leave it up to the player to request a review, as he usually knows what actually happened. 3 reviews per game will keep them from getting carried away, and especially if making a stupid review you had no right to make costs you an extra review.

Allowing an imperfect referee to constantly review everything all game long is retarded.

They should leave it up to the player to request a review, as he usually knows what actually happened. 3 reviews per game will keep them from getting carried away, and especially if making a stupid review you had no right to make costs you an extra review.

Allowing an imperfect referee to constantly review everything all game long is retarded.

Imperfect West Brom players were demanding reviews for anything yesterday. As they had no idea what they were doing. But I love it in cricket, whether it's England or whoever, when they waste reviews - nothing is a greater lesson about their own stupidity that when they make those rash appeals. It's made Root grow up in about a month. But with footballers I doubt they'll ever merit that power - keep it in the hands of refs and/or managers.

Using VAR will gradually reduce the need for it to be used?

Will it fuck
If people get pulled for giving pens away from corners by shirt tugging (a constant issue in the league), it'll eventually change how defenders defend. Meaning that there will be less iffy decisions

If people get pulled for giving pens away from corners by shirt tugging (a constant issue in the league), it'll eventually change how defenders defend. Meaning that there will be less iffy decisions

Yes, and there will then be a whole host of other VAR interruptions for....reasons.

There's no way this genie is going back into the bottle now

Yes, will it, yes. Careful, though, your apparently brusque intolerance of contrary opinions might soon earn you the earn you the ire of certain mods, unless they are, well, a bit, biased.

I don't recognise contrary opinions. They're either right (mine) or wrong

Yes, and there will then be a whole host of other VAR interruptions for....reasons.

There's no way this genie is going back into the bottle now
Oh of course, reasons.

Any you can mention?

It'll still obviously be used, but as the Italian leagues showing its not needed all the time. Some games they're not even using it.

It'll just rule out some of the decisions the fans would be pissed off by.

Early doors with English refs with a new system, they're gonna use it

I remembering hearing that when Zidane nutted Materazzi the ref didn't see it but the fourth official dragged him over and said look at the state of this on a little TV by the tunnel, just off the TV coverage. Or maybe I dreamt it. But it was a totally illegal sending off was the point of the article / dream.

Oh of course, reasons.

Any you can mention?

It'll still obviously be used, but as the Italian leagues showing its not needed all the time. Some games they're not even using it.

It'll just rule out some of the decisions the fans would be pissed off by.

Early doors with English refs with a new system, they're gonna use it

Yes, they will obviously use their new toy. But how long before the use of VAR is extended to all kinds of possible infractions? I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but I know how media companies work. VAR will not be viewed as the game-fixing ally to the referee to reduce controversy and incorrect decisions by them. It's going to be seen as a great way to keep their technology and the 'screen' totally vital, and front and centre in football across the world.

Yes, they will obviously use their new toy. But how long before the use of VAR is extended to all kinds of possible infractions? I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but I know how media companies work. VAR will not be viewed as the game-fixing ally to the referee to reduce controversy and incorrect decisions by them. It's going to be seen as a great way to keep their technology and the 'screen' totally vital, and front and centre in football across the world.
If that happens they'll just take the ref off the pitch, as he won't be needed

Either way, it'll be streamlined

I see Pardew is blaming the 4 minute stoppage for the penalty incident, for one of his players suffering a hamstring injury due to inactivity.

I see Pardew is blaming the 4 minute stoppage for the penalty incident, for one of his players suffering a hamstring injury due to inactivity.

I suppose if it happened the other day when there was an even longer stoppage because an Everton player broke a leg, he'd be blaming that on his player pulling a hammy. We'll get loads of this twaddle.

Aye I'm with a lot here. It can fuck off. Saw the game lean in Dublin hating this cunt of a thing far more than us being shit

Is there even a need for big screens these days? They could just have a mobile app that shows all VAR videos and decisions in real time, and is only accessible with a match day ticket.

80% of the stadium are looking at their phones during every break in play anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom