• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgiling on the vandijkulous

What a total joke. Don't care about lemar. We desperately needed a CB. Piss take.
Can the ox play CB?

I'm not at all surprised we haven't signed a CB. If Klopp was sincere in selling LFC to VVD, saying he envisaged the defender as THE key player, a real leader for the team, a veritable legend in waiting, then it would have been perverse to have then looked around for anyone else. If a player is deemed essential then he's essential. The cock up was that ridiculous farce that was a mixture of our incompetence and Southampton's outrageous hypocrisy. But if VVD is Klopp's choice then we should resume attempts to get him in January. There's no point signing another so-so defender in the meantime. If we HAD signed an alternative in the meantime, everyone on here who's moaning about us signing no one would be moaning about that alternative not being up to it.
Erm no we wouldnt. We needed a quality CB and a quality DM and we got neither.

I didnt need for it to be Van Dijk. I just needed it to be a good player.

And what if Southampton refuse in January? We just accept it again and continue without better players because vital cog?

I dont often disagree with you Macca but I do here.
Not signing a defender or a defensive midfielder is pretty disgraceful.
Even worse when you think Sakho, Lucas and Stewart have all left.
Even the AVERAGE cover we had has gone.

Id be working under the assumption that they have told us they will resurrect their complaint about us if we bid again.

Of course. I'm just not gonna go along with 'we didn't bid' like we just decided we couldn't be arsed in the end.

I'm guessing Klopp is playing a long game – he identified VVD as the defender he wants and will get him in the team eventually, even if it's not this summer or this season, just like Keita. It looks bad if you think Matip and Lovren are a "disaster" that urgently needs some kind of solution, evidently Klopp doesn't see it this way.

You'll be like, he kept the faith in our darkest hour, when the weak of heart wavered and lost hope, he stood, a beacon of hope, like Winston Churchill facing the power of the third reich in 1940.

I'm guessing Klopp is playing a long game – he identified VVD as the defender he wants and will get him in the team eventually, even if it's not this summer or this season, just like Keita. It looks bad if you think Matip and Lovren are a "disaster" that urgently needs some kind of solution, evidently Klopp doesn't see it this way.

Agreed. We must have been worried about Soton reporting us to the FA, and Soton have been desperate to prove a point about selling this summer. So they obviously havent inivited us back to do a deal. Klopp must feel we have a chance of getting him in january.

Hopefully the relationship between VVD and Soton continue to sour.

You'll be like, he kept the faith in our darkest hour, when the weak of heart wavered and lost hope, he stood, a beacon of hope, like Winston Churchill facing the power of the third reich in 1940.
No you'll be like a guy whos been given a girls phone number youve dialled it 5 times and its a dead tone, so you try changing the last digit to see how that goes.

Sir you wont be doing any fingering this evening.

Even though large tracts of Merseyside and many old and famous twitter accounts have fallen or may fall into the grip of transfer day despair and all the odious apparatus of Talk Sport, we shall not flag or fail.
We shall go on to the end, we shall sign Van Dijk in France,
we shall sign Van Dijk on the seas and oceans,
we shall sign Van Dijk with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend Mignolet's goals, whatever the cost may be,
we shall sign Van Dijk on the beaches,
we shall sign Van Dijk on the landing grounds,
we shall sign Van Dijk in the fields and in the streets,
we shall sign Van Dijk in the hills;
we shall never surrender!!

If Churchill had had Matip and Lovren as the spine of his defense forces way back then, we'd all be sprechening Deutsch right now...

Klopp has spent just over £4m on central defenders since he arrived
Steven Caulker - LOAN
Joel Matip - FREE
Ragnar Klavan - £4.2m

I saw Caulker playing for the GB team at Old Trafford in the 2012 Olympics. He made a good impression on me. He seemed to be a defender who concentrated on his positioning.

Back
Top Bottom