• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Virgiling on the vandijkulous

He has had well documented mental health issues which have obviously effected his development.
Like @Portly I thought he was going to end up as a top defender.
Shame

We badly needed a centre half - we put all our eggs in one basket - I don't care if it was FSG or Klopp, it was gross negligence whoever made the decision. What's worse,we've let Sakho go who in my book is better than Klavan and no worse than Lovren. Yes he may have been a tit and fallen out with Klopp but it will be a case of double standards when Klopp welcomes back that little shit Coutinho with open arms.

Fucking muppets.​

Have to say, this has been the funnest failed transfer escape in recent memory. I'm used to us fucking up but rarely is it so hilarious and entertaining. Until we actually start playing again. Fuck.

We badly needed a centre half - we put all our eggs in one basket - I don't care if it was FSG or Klopp, it was gross negligence whoever made the decision. What's worse,we've let Sakho go who in my book is better than Klavan and no worse than Lovren. Yes he may have been a tit and fallen out with Klopp but it will be a case of double standards when Klopp welcomes back that little shit Coutinho with open arms.

Fucking muppets.​
Don't worry. We'll sell Coutinho tomorrow

Oh well we'll have to get used to the 4-2 & 5-3 results in the league with all our fire power and so so defending.

We didnt even ever bid.

We tried to tap him up, got caught and REALLY dropped our interest.

We DIDNT EVEN bid.

Well at least we get to see whether he has recovered from his injury before we spunk silly money on him.

It could be the all time bullet dodged

I have a theory, we've reached an agreement to buy VVD in January (strange how no other teams bid for him?)
That way he can return fully motivated to the fold for Southampton , which keeps them happy, starting to regain his fitness which will be right up to speed by Jan for us.
If he'd signed now, it would take him a couple of months to get near full match fitness anyway. We'd be getting a peak VVD in Jan, ready for the Title/Champs league run in !
This theory eases my pain.

Is the window still open for loan deals or am I imaging that?

Not signing a top class CB is a disaster.

I have a theory, we've reached an agreement to buy VVD in January (strange how no other teams bid for him?)
That way he can return fully motivated to the fold for Southampton , which keeps them happy, starting to regain his fitness which will be right up to speed by Jan for us.
If he'd signed now, it would take him a couple of months to get near full match fitness anyway. We'd be getting a peak VVD in Jan, ready for the Title/Champs league run in !

That works for me Khalido.

Its over. Its done. We got bummed.

If we sign VVD in January, would you then say it's good that we didn't get a replacement in now and instead waited for Klopp's first choice?

Last edited:
I like that theory, so I choose to believe it

If we sign VVD in January, would you then say it's good that we didn't get a replacement in now and instead waited for Klopp's first choice?
Obviously that depends where we are in the table and cups.
If we are 1st and in them all yeah obv.
If we are 8th and out of them all then nah.

Back
Top Bottom