• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the basis of assuming I'm right...

'if we needed confirmation of having fallen down the pecking order, this was it. Easily undone by our future closest rivals, and missing one of our best players, who awaited a way out and stayed home'

On the basis of assuming I'm right...

'if we needed confirmation of having fallen down the pecking order, this was it. Easily undone by our future closest rivals, and missing one of our best players, who awaited a way out and stayed home'
It was the game where Mascherano didn't/wouldn't play against Man City.
What did we lose by.
3-0?

Sounds like the Arsenal game that Mascher missed ... except for the "future rival" bit

Edit: Count's memory obviously better than mine

Leave it with me for a bit.
Lunch is calling.
Shines bat signal in the sky to all Scousers

2012 Carling Cup Final. 2-2 in normal time.

Charlie Adam steps up to take a penalty and misses terribly while thinking about his next pie.

The King, the city's prodigal son, wins us a trophy after a couple of dark years.

Is it the 1971 FA Cup Final with Charlie George doing a horizontal Jesus on a cross impression?
Boom,
I thought you might get that a bit too easily.
The first game I ever watched Liverpool play in as a (very) young kid.
To think if I had been a glory hunter I could have ended up a Gooner.
Shivers.

Your turn Tom

Oh FFS - I enjoy guessing, but thinking up the riddles is getting increasingly difficult :)

How about this:

NMRGBAXBHN

Not really I'm afraid

The X is not totally necessary. The N at the start and the end are the same

If this dies a deat, is it null & void & do I get an asterisk?

A clue - The Ns are Nicol

Is it the 9-0 win against Palace? I thought not cos there's ten letters, but then you said the x isn't really necessary...

Bingo, Peter

X is for Palace's missed penalty - NMRGBAXBHN

Nicol - McMahon - Rush - Gillespie - Beardsley - Aldridge - (Missed Pen - Bright?) - Barnes - Hysen - Nicol

9 goals, 8 scorers

When it was about 8-0 Molby, who was a sub, was warming up, and someone near us said "Molby's warming up - we must be due a penalty" (following what happened with Aldridge)

The following match my brother in law was visiting & I got him a ticket to sit with us. Up against a struggling Norwich team, he was expecting a repeat performance .... 0-0 (obviously)

Barca last year?

Though I don't remember anyone stripping off I thought the flipping the Vs kid to Messi and I can't think anything else teenage streaky

Genuinely can't get a teenage hot streak of goals next to a high scoring close game in my head...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom