• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Which match am I? (Let's play a game!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
22 started a league match, 21 finished it.
Final whistle, 3 ahead and 3 behind.
the 4-1 win against the mancs in 2009 when Torres terrorizes Vidic.
Vidic was sent off
Stevie Gerrard kissed the camera after scoring the peno just before half time

A trio of traitors, one past, two down the line.

One can't walk on, one finally does, one can't walk off.

I can't remember the game. But possibly the traitors could be Owen (Stoke), Mascherano sent off and Torres couldn't be subbed on?

I can't remember the game. But possibly the traitors could be Owen (Stoke), Mascherano sent off and Torres couldn't be subbed on?

Correct traitors, one correct scenario and the other two pretty close.

Should be pretty easy to get this now.

22 started a league match, 21 finished it.
Final whistle, 3 ahead and 3 behind.

Nope, but that's the right year.(2009)

Hmm, I wonder if a clue is required yet?

The last goal was the first goal.

One can't walk on, one finally does, one can't walk off. (Mascher, Torres, Owen)

not Stoke, not 1-0.

Haha this is why I hate riddles. And love them.

I can't remember the game still. I figure maybe Mascherano scored against Newcastle in 2009 considering the people involved.

Can't remember where Owen was and wasn't, either

Haha this is why I hate riddles. And love them.

I can't remember the game still. I figure maybe Mascherano scored against Newcastle in 2009 considering the people involved.

Can't remember where Owen was and wasn't, either

I think I can give that to you since it was Newcastle in '09.

22 started a league match - 22 players started the game, and Yossi opened the scoring on the 22nd minute.

21 finished it. - Double clue here. 21 players completed the game (Barton sent off), and the winning goal was scored by No. 21, Lucas!

Final whistle, 3 ahead and 3 behind. - We won 3-0, taking us into 2nd spot, 3 points behind the leaders United. After the match, Newcastle were 3 points above the relegation places.

Hmm, I wonder if a clue is required yet? - Wonder -> Wonderman

The last goal was the first goal. - Last goal in the match was Wonderman's first league goal for us.

One can't walk on, one finally does, one can't walk off. - Torres was injured and watched from the stands. Owen came off the bench for the last 10min. Macher left on a stretcher.

3-0 against Newcastle on May 2009.

Love the list of clues.

'pissing off the captain turned out to be a masterstroke even when the game mattered most'

I think I can give that to you since it was Newcastle in '09.

22 started a league match - 22 players started the game, and Yossi opened the scoring on the 22nd minute.

21 finished it. - Double clue here. 21 players completed the game (Barton sent off), and the winning goal was scored by No. 21, Lucas!

Final whistle, 3 ahead and 3 behind. - We won 3-0, taking us into 2nd spot, 3 points behind the leaders United. After the match, Newcastle were 3 points above the relegation places.

Hmm, I wonder if a clue is required yet? - Wonder -> Wonderman

The last goal was the first goal. - Last goal in the match was Wonderman's first league goal for us.

One can't walk on, one finally does, one can't walk off. - Torres was injured and watched from the stands. Owen came off the bench for the last 10min. Macher left on a stretcher.

3-0 against Newcastle on May 2009.
Ooo - I was at that match

You're just too slow, Mama

It takes light 164ms to travel from here to Europe via under sea fibre optic cables, so I blame latency and the laws of physics.

I only knew that one because I almost made my riddle about the same game.

I ended up choosing Wonderman's first goal over his debut at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom