• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who deleted my thread?

El Pistolero

Active
Put a thread in feedback forum, regarding malware attack on home page, jono replyed and niallk and it's vanished. Any of the mods deleted it?

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=40654.msg1122686#msg1122686 date=1276861430]
Been moved
[/quote]

Sound has it been sorted?

Hey lads what was the malware link that was posted to check to see if you computer was infected?

Not neccesarily Vlad but Spybot can be useful. Malwarebytes and Combofix are also very good tools. Combofix if you have an issue.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=40654.msg1124691#msg1124691 date=1277202961]
Not neccesarily Vlad but Spybot can be useful. Malwarebytes and Combofix are also very good tools. Combofix if you have an issue.
[/quote]

I used combofix, and it disabled my wireless router. I did a system restore and it's fine now, but any idea why it caused it to happen?

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=40654.msg1125055#msg1125055 date=1277254043]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=40654.msg1124691#msg1124691 date=1277202961]
[/quote]

I used combofix, and it disabled my wireless router. I did a system restore and it's fine now, but any idea why it caused it to happen?
[/quote]

Combofix literally removes threats. It could well be a virus or malware had embedded within the drivers, it the driver package so combofix removed the lot. It'll do that provided it won't stop the pc booting by removing it.

ahh yeah forgot, the driver i have does some weird thing(i've got two, so its not a specific one) has some override thingy so it might have removed that.

Back
Top Bottom