• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who Is The Worst Player To Have A Decent Career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sloth_goonies.jpg

Ray Parlour. Lucky to be in a great Arsenal team.
Nah. He was a Dirk kuyt for arsenal, not all the talent but hard working before it was fashionable. I dont think many Arsenal fans would agree with that.

I suppose it depends on how you define "decent career".

But surely Robbie Savage must be worth a shout? Always in the news for whatever club he played for, including lower tiers, and now having a reasonably successful time as a pundit.

Yet I only ever remember him being fucking shit both as a player AND a pundit.

Jon Obi Mikel is surely worth a shout, such a horrendously average player, but has won pretty much everything with Chelsea.

Jon Obi Mikel is surely worth a shout, such a horrendously average player, but has won pretty much everything with Chelsea.
His brothers Mikel John Obi & John Mikel Obi were shit too!

Can anyone explain to me why his names get swapped around? Is it a Nigerian naming convention?

His brothers Mikel John Obi & John Mikel Obi were shit too!

Can anyone explain to me why his names get swapped around? Is it a Nigerian naming convention?

I think it's an English convention of not really knowing other cultures. I'm sure he says his name the same way every time, while we remain clueless. Like that Park guy for Man Utd.

How about Victor Moses.

Garth Crooks' put him in his team of the week this time around after he played wing back. Garth - the mad bastard - had this to say about him:
If Moses keeps playing at this rate, Chelsea may have stumbled on another Ashley Cole.

I think it's an English convention of not really knowing other cultures. I'm sure he says his name the same way every time, while we remain clueless. Like that Park guy for Man Utd.
According to this article that I just found, he has never officially been called John Obi Mikel (or a variation of) and has in fact changed his name Mikel John Obi in August.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/chelseas-john-obi-mikel-officially-8544554

Didn't Abel Xavier go through a period of giving reporters different pronunciations each time he was asked?

I don't know, I saw him for his national side and he looked transformed as more of a box to box leader. I wonder if his career / development suffered for being shoe horned in at DM. He has looked pretty average for Chelsea though.

I think you could probably look back on Sunderland's transfers since they came into money and at least half would be valid shouts.

Oh dear. Wrong again.

Not the silly, nasty, xenophobic English culture to blame at all. Poor the Oliver.

Obi Wank Mikel Jon Obi is another wonderful shout, although he's probably won enough to be able to say 'fuck you, look at my medals'

Agree not had loads of success in terms of winning things but still managed 350 premier league games...quite a success and decent career for such a severve lack of talent
Yeah but hanging around with the cloggers of the league doesn't really count surely

Was Big Dunc a football player or was he someone wheeled out from time to time just to hurt people? I can't be arsed researching him, but I assume managers bought him and gave him contracts. I can't remember ever seeing him play but I've seen bitters go all bleary eyed over him. I bet he's working doors now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom