• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who Is The Worst Player To Have A Decent Career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Oncey!

I'm zipped. I didn't realise this thread would be so controversial.

What with Obi Jon Mikel Obi Jon not knowing what his own name is, because racism, through to Geoff 'Cancer' Thomas being excluded because of bike-riding skills.

Sowwy, Owi

Ol' Geoff might have been better if he had been able to ride a bike while on the pitch, actually. Whilst also raising money for a good cause.

I fucking love Geoff now. Zipping around the pitch with his collection bucket

Wes brown
Johnny Evans
Darren fletcher

Johnny Evans is going to be sold for 20m

He's been pretty good since he left United.

And you can't say Darren Fletcher. He's been so brave and inspirational in overcoming his rotting bowels. Look at the trouble I got into for suggesting Geoff The Charity biker.

The first name that came to my mind weirdly was Jon Stead.

I know he's not played in the top flight all his career but he managed to get 3-4 Premiership teams to sign him despite seemingly never scoring any goals. That's quite a feat.

McClean. He's horrendously shite.

Richard Wright. Spent the last 10 years as a back up keeper.

Our very own Bjorn Tore Kvarme. Christ almighty.

I have never seen a more incompetent player than Djimi Traore - but he has a CL medal. Beat that.

Phil Neal had a long career as a Liverpool and England regular but I always thought he was a very lucky man. His tackling was worse than Lucas's and he often resorted to the rugby tackle when a forward got past him.

It's almost like you're trying to get a bite

Quite good trolling following someone around tbh

He's being a fucking knob. I was just gonna say as much in the other thread but couldn't be arsed getting involved. Too late.

He's being a fucking knob. I was just gonna say as much in the other thread but couldn't be arsed getting involved. Too late.
It's why I handed in my sheriffs badge. Proper nobs being nobby

Salif Daio, 5 years with us and then 5 years with Stoke. As a person he probably was a nice guy unlike his cnut of friend. Wasn't he bought to keep el hadj diouf company so the cnut did not get lonely?

Gravesen is a really good shout. How that guy ended up playing for Real Madrid I'll never know.

If we extend this to managers, Hodgson is a strong candidate for the prize. I would also say Mancini - knows how to set up a defense, but otherwise very mediocre and yet got to work with some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Phil Neal had a long career as a Liverpool and England regular but I always thought he was a very lucky man. His tackling was worse than Lucas's and he often resorted to the rugby tackle when a forward got past him.
The Lucas parallel is spot on. Neither was/is completely useless but both have gotten further than they should have in the game because they found themselves in situations where there wasn't anything like the competition for their role that there should have been.

Gravesen is a really good shout. How that guy ended up playing for Real Madrid I'll never know.

If we extend this to managers, Hodgson is a strong candidate for the prize. I would also say Mancini - knows how to set up a defense, but otherwise very mediocre and yet got to work with some of the biggest clubs in the world.
He had a couple decent seasons at Everton but yeah that was probably one of the weirdest transfers of the noughties.

I suppose every big club has carried a bunch of randomers, Man Utd moreso than most if you go by this thread.

Raul Bravo spent 6 years at Real!

Jon Stead. Wonderful. Was trying to remember his name.

Gui'varch and Horsfield also very good.

Not sure how well or otherwise Gui'varch did apart from his stint at Newcastle. I think he only scored one goal. Against us.

Obviously

I think he's got the message.

Although he does deserve some thanks for allowing the subsequent charity cancer Bike-riding jokes to flow.

Like salty tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom