• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will City Drop Points

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will City Drop Points

• Logically, Yes

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Logically, No

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • They shouldn't, but I feel like the gods will give us something

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have the easiest games. They don't have the hardest...

It's somewhere in the middle. Banana skins, but not big ones.

Being in midtable with the pressure off can sometimes free teams up to play their best footy of the season [he says hopefully].

I think it was Binny that recently posted some info that City was more likely to drop points against those teams in the top ten but outside the top 4 this season

I mean, don't let me stop you from being nice.

erm... yeah... they blew it by not winning at the Etihad... they conceded defeat that day... obviously...

Does it ever occur to you it's not about me being nasty but rather you chatting shite?

no worries... as you were...

I hit a personal milestone on here overnight .. .more likes than posts (I think only Woland has a better ratio and he's a freak of nature). Yes, I've been quietly farming.

So I'm feeling really positive for the septuple:

1. League Cup
  2. FA Cup
  3. League
  4. European Cup
  5. Everton Relegated
  6. Klopp Contract extension
  7. tombrown likes > posts

Momo, Steve just point me to the altar you want to sacrifice me on.

Last edited:
I hit a personal milestone on here overnight .. .more likes than posts (I think only Woland has a better ratio and he's a freak of nature). Yes, I've been quietly farming.

1. League Cup
  2. FA Cup
  3. League
  4. European Cup
  5. Everton Relegated

He’s definitely a freak.

1. League Cup
  2. FA Cup
  3. League
  4. European Cup
  5. Everton Relegated

You might find @Beamrider has better ratio than you.
Also add Man U for Euro Conf league. A comp no major team wants to be in

I wish they were playing away to West Ham or Wolves this weekend instead of home against Newcastle.

I wish they were playing away to West Ham or Wolves this weekend instead of home against Newcastle.

Same. The small crumb of optimism is that we only scored one past them, and for my money we have a more potent attack.

Aren't they just as likely to drop points at home as they are away?

I'm not a gambler but Sky's betting tipster makes some interesting comments on City :

There is a pattern emerging of them being vulnerable. After 16 knockout games where that tie was realistically in the balance, they have lost on seven occasions in the next domestic match to Leeds (1-2), Chelsea (0-1), Chelsea (1-2), Wigan (0-1), Manchester United (2-3), Tottenham (2-3) and Liverpool (2-3).

There does seem a drop in levels after a big midweek effort in Europe where the emotions involved in their pursuit for that elusive trophy do seem to weigh heavy.

It's impossible to put a number on how much the complete choke against Real Madrid will affect their mentality back in a competition that they are four wins away from landing. Lifting his players after what happened on Wednesday will be a big test for Guardiola. But with such an in-form team on their doorstep in Newcastle, backing the 9/2 for Eddie Howe's men to win or draw is just too juicy to ignore.

It's impossible to put a number on how much the complete choke against Real Madrid will affect their mentality
Pep begs to differ
0_GettyImages-1186750704.jpg

I think they’ll only win 2 of their remaining games. Their heads and bodies are fucked.

The view from RedCafe :

Dias finished with an injured groin. They’ll be knackered and head-wrecked going into a tricky fixture. Feck’s sake.

This has to spur City on to win the title even more, they won't want to go trophyless this season

Thing is, they're used to fecking up the CL. I don't think they let it rock them.

As good as they are they’re always capable of the odd game where they create a load of chances but fail to score. They’re not as ruthless as pool and are more likely to drop a couple points than them imo.

I was thinking when they were 1-0 up that at least they’ll continue to have momentum for the title but now I don’t think so

I’ve thought for a long while that City will lose the PL… I just don’t trust them to win 4 games in a row - they’re prone to these weird slip ups. Whereas Klopp’s Dope Show won’t slow down.

Good thing Pep rested KDB, Mahrez and Jesus for the Newcastle game, eh?

The manner in which they exited the CL will be crushing mentally. They will be feeling sorry for themselves and quite frankly I don’t trust them to hold Liverpool off who are akin to rabid dogs.

Guaranteed (City will choke). Congratulations to Liverpool on their first (of many) quadruples.

They'll beat Newcastle but there will definitely be dropped points away to either Wolves or West Ham.

Have been saying it for weeks that i don't trust this Man City side to win their remaining games and tonights setback will be tough to recover from. No easy game left for them. Newcastle will give a better account of themselves than they did against Liverpool. Wolves, West Ham at home are well capable of earning a result and Villa managed by Stevie would love nothing better than help Liverpool winning the league.

Genuinely think they will. They've already thrown away an 8 point. This loss will be devastating for them and their season has lost all momentum in recent weeks (loss in fa cup too)

(RM Fan) : Eddie Howe and Newcastle's current players will want to prove to their owners that they deserve to be there next season. City are a big enough name to get them noticed. I'd be surprised if Newcastle don't eke out a draw, especially since City is at such a low point in their season.

I think the advantage goes to the dippers now. Fraudiola looking like he will choke it by tinkering.

Newcastle lost 'only' 1-0 to a team that can realistically win the quadruple. City is coming off a devastating loss, while Liverpool were on a high.

The sheer number of City, Liverpool, Klopp and Pep threads on this forum at the moment is embarrassing.

(RM Fan) Hope they lose every game left, causing baldy a mental breakdown that will spur him to retire to live the rest of his life as a hermit in the hymalayas

City will batter them into pieces. 20 Squintrillion-nil to make up for the SF fuck up

In more heartening news for the Magpies, Callum Wilson and Kieran Trippier could return to the squad for the City game after lengthy absences.
Howe said: “Callum has trained all week. I’ve been really pleased with him, he’s trained very well. We’ve had two really tough days and he’s come through those days excellently.
“Physically, he looks very good – he’s put a lot of work in to get to this point, so I’m very pleased with the attitude, as always, with Callum.
“He’s incredible with his work and he looks in a good place. There’s a good chance he’ll be involved.
“Kieran is slightly behind him this week in the sense that he hasn’t trained every day, but when he has trained – he trained yesterday – he’s trained very well, so we’ll make a late decision on them.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom