• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Windbag Wields the Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep up the 'club in chaos' nonsense as much as you like, although Rodgers will keep pushing this fiction on his own, don't worry about that. Hodgson came into a much, much worse scenario, and where were all his self-appointed PR merchants? Rodgers came in, weakened his own squad and is now progressively sniping at who's left to anyone in the media who wants to listen. If he can't respect his own players, he doesn't deserve much himself. He's a small man at a big club, but, yes, eventually they'll fit all too snugly.

I don't disagree that Hodgson walked into a worse scenario but the negativity Hodgson carried was a fucking disgrace to this club and, besides, we're not discussing Hodgson here. When did I say "club in chaos" as well ? You're quick enough to poke fingers at doc about allegedly putting words into your mouth and you're doing the same to me. You go on about Rodgers weakening his own squad when you've no idea whether he was told to reduce wage bills etc... which certainly looks like it's the case to me. You've no idea how much his plans are being backed or not but you're quick enough to have a pop when I suggest the latter. The guy has been in charge for less than half a season and comments like "small man" are only showing you up to be behaving like one at the moment. I don't know if Rodgers is the answer yet but I doubt any manager is right now without the right level of backing which we don't seem to possess. I'm saying I believe, as a club, we have wider reaching issues and FSG are key to that with some of the appointments and decisions they are making.

It's been bullshit for decades. They're just fans, making Anfield so quiet you can hear individual voices on the other side of the pitch, booing at regular intervals and groaning whenever a pass goes astray. It's probably the club with the highest quotient of self-adoring nostalgists who still think they're part of that swaying mass of humanity singing 'She Loves You' as pipe smoking broadcasters from London grip the tips of their waistcoats in awe. Yes, the DVDS, LFCTV re-runs and Dave Kirby 'plays' and poems help sustain this culture of deception, but that's all it is. It's all self-mythologising shit.

Very true sadly.

I don't disagree that Hodgson walked into a worse scenario but the negativity Hodgson carried was a fucking disgrace to this club and, besides, we're not discussing Hodgson here. When did I say "club in chaos" as well ? You're quick enough to poke fingers at doc about allegedly putting words into your mouth and you're doing the same to me. You go on about Rodgers weakening his own squad when you've no idea whether he was told to reduce wage bills etc... which certainly looks like it's the case to me. You've no idea how much his plans are being backed or not but you're quick enough to have a pop when I suggest the latter. The guy has been in charge for less than half a season and comments like "small man" are only showing you up to be behaving like one at the moment. I don't know if Rodgers is the answer yet but I doubt any manager is right now without the right level of backing which we don't seem to possess. I'm saying I believe, as a club, we have wider reaching issues and FSG are key to that with some of the appointments and decisions they are making.

Fine, if you meant by 'all over the place' I genuinely misunderstood that as being akin to chaos. But people should cut the lazy Dalglish nonsense. That has nothing to do with my dislike of a manager who pats and strokes and cuddles his players one minute and then, after a defeat, crawls off to the hacks and singles players out, citing their fee and/or wages. That's disgraceful for a Liverpool manager. And it has nothing to do with my irritation with his dogmatism, his naivete and his preening self-regard. If you think he's a big man, great, but I don't, I don't trust him and I don't admire him.

Our fans are shite.

Sad that it's still perpetuated that were knowledgeable, patient and, most damming of all, still vocal.

We've collapsed

Our fans are shite.

Sad that it's still perpetuated that were knowledgeable, patient and, most damming of all, still vocal.

We've collapsed

There's been a culture of mutual self-congratulation that's grown at the same rate as the club itself has declined. Always looking in the past, always droning on about some or other ancient match, and always hoping that the empty encomia will help drown out the despair. It's horrendously neurotic, and it's getting worse and worse. In ten or so years time half the city will be hosting Dave Kirby plays about 2005. Let it all go, for god's sake.

Fine, if you meant by 'all over the place' I genuinely misunderstood that as being akin to chaos. But people should cut the lazy Dalglish nonsense. That has nothing to do with my dislike of a manager who pats and strokes and cuddles his players one minute and then, after a defeat, crawls off to the hacks and singles players out, citing their fee and/or wages. That's disgraceful for a Liverpool manager. And it has nothing to do with my irritation with his dogmatism, his naivete and his preening self-regard. If you think he's a big man, great, but I don't, I don't trust him and I don't admire him.

I never said I thought he was a big man you're doing it again. I've said I don't know if he's the answer, that's all. Unlike you, I don't see any major reasons to attack him just yet although sure he possesses some odd character traits. I think it's ironic that as fans we criticise players for playing way below their pay packet but then cry foul when the manager does it. We've had under performing and overpaid players for years and I think he's every right to criticise those he doesn't think are giving the right level of effort or value. We get it though you don't like him , fine - you've made your point loud and clear.

I say to anyone I know I don't give a shit about our history. It only means anything if combined with current success, otherwise it's pathetic

It reminds me of an advert I saw a few years ago, where fans from each team say something about their side.

West Ham fans said they won the world cup.

Fucking twats

Despite being incorrect, its pathetic that some people think something 40+ years ago matters.

I just cant believe Rodgers has confidence and belief in his own ability, and showing it aswell.
The nerve!

I love the ones who constantly moan the atmosphere was shite on the telly.

They're the best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm shit at the match. The centenary is fucking abysmal for singing and I'd feel like a whopper being the only one trying.

I need to be good and drunk before making a wally of myself on my own

I never said I thought he was a big man you're doing it again. .

Well don't condemn me for having the opinion he's a small man! Again, I assumed you objected because you DIDN'T think he was. Or maybe you think he's a medium-sized man?

I thought macca was spot on with pointing out some of Rodgers comments. They were painfully reminiscent of Hodgson and his effort to suggest Liverpool was just an average club with pretensions to grandeur.

The paradox is that the squad is much better than the league table reflects. At the same time it's not good enough to perform to a level that the club - or its fans - is entitled to expect.

I thought Enrique was very good against Everton (and I was far from one of the believers when he signed).

We've got a team of Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Allen, Gerrard, Suarez and a couple of young players like Sterling and Suso. The idea that they should be struggling to make top 10 is ludicrous.There's more talent in those first 8 than in 2/3 of the squads in the premiership - but it's not delivering at this point.

The Rodgers supporter says the owners and club were mad to not bring a striker in during July.
The Rodgers haters says it was nuts for a manager to let himself into a position of having just one real striker at the start of the season.
The realist knows that both parties have some questions to answer.

I don't doubt that Rodgers is a good manager and I think his tactical chageups against Everton were good evidence of this. That said, there's more in this squad than he's currently getting out of them.

I agree with all of that but at the same time, the trouble that Rodgers is facing and indeed all of our last four managers faced is that put simply we are not scoring anywhere near enough goals. Kenny was given the funds to fix it but blew it on Carroll, Hodgson never even had it Rafa tinkered too much so that at the end and had GnH in a selling mood....

we need a fucking decent striker or two and have done for fucking ages it is that simple, lacking goals like we do is a double whammy, opposition teams have more confidence against us plus they know that one goal may well be enough. It is a pure cunts move not to invest in strikers..... we should fucking buy one, a good one, and see what happens then.

For Fucks Sake.

They're the best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm shit at the match. The centenary is fucking abysmal for singing and I'd feel like a whopper being the only one trying.

I need to be good and drunk before making a wally of myself on my own

I actually think you might get thrown out for singing in the Centenary. We need to do something about the atmosphere, maybe start playing music when we score a goal (if that ever happens), something upbeat like Chumbawamba's 'Tubthumping', perhaps.

I actually think you might get thrown out for singing in the Centenary. We need to do something about the atmosphere, maybe start playing music when we score a goal (if that ever happens), something upbeat like Chumbawamba's 'Tubthumping', perhaps.

hahaha.

Stop Trolling sunny macca, and stop insulting macca sunny.

Yes I know you're opinion is fine to have macca, but your last few posts seem to be trying to goad sunny.

Sunny, you're allowed to disagree with macca without resorting to insulting

For Fabio's sake I'll rise above it from now on, but it's a pity you're trying so hard to keep it going.

Stop Trolling sunny macca, and stop insulting macca sunny.

Yes I know you're opinion is fine to have macca, but your last few posts seem to be trying to goad sunny.

Sunny, you're allowed to disagree with macca without resorting to insulting

Suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom