• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Windbag Wields the Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like Rael - he's not as bad as he wants us to believe, he's a solid, concerned, passionate oak.

Because we've been steadily declining for years and I see the same mismanagement of the club and poor signings occurring to the point we can no longer rely on our name as a big club to actually attract the right level of talent. Thus said problems will be compounded and decline will continue. Now your turn

Decline hasn't been steady though. We hit about as low as we could get under Souness, flirted with some rather laughable moments under Evans, hit a peak then a trough with Houllier, same with Rafa and now we're trying to steady what's been a couple of years of mismanagement. Things can go on the up with a few tweaks. Granted, decline is far more probable than a return to former glories, but getting back to being there or thereabouts isn't exactly a bridge to far.

Decline hasn't been steady though. We hit about as low as we could get under Souness, flirted with some rather laughable moments under Evans, hit a peak then a trough with Houllier, same with Rafa and now we're trying to steady what's been a couple of years of mismanagement. Things can go on the up with a few tweaks. Granted, decline is far more probable than a return to former glories, but getting back to being there or thereabouts isn't exactly a bridge to far.

You must spell out a clear plan, preferably with bullet points and proof of your psychic abilities, to avoid being dismissed as a nutter.

When DJ Sydney stopped me being a mod on KopTalk, that's when that forum went into terminal decline.

Certainly is. Because its a friday night i imagine, and we've dissected the club to death

I don't doubt that Rodgers is a good manager and I think his tactical chageups against Everton were good evidence of this. That said, there's more in this squad than he's currently getting out of them.

Isn't it a case of horses for courses though. There are players that we know, even from Kenny's last stint, were dubious at best (Henderson, Cole, Downing), there are those that have been replaced and we have strengthened the team (Allen for Adam), there are those that showed promise but maybe don't suit the system (Carroll) and we have been crying out for youngsters to get their chance and now more than a couple have been given just that pitch time they needed to give confidence to themselves and our other promising talent.

You can't change the team in one or even two transfers windows (even if you are Chelsea or City) but there is enough talent (with maybe two buys in January) to get this team into the Top 6 and anything more than that will depend on how Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle and Everton perform for the rest of the season.

Suso and Sterling are playing in the first team. Downing and Cole are not. We are on the right track, lads. Have some faith.

It amazes me how before the season started the consensus was that this is a season of rebuilding and everybody was saying that they are prepared to give the manager time and not demand instant results. Now we are a bit over 2 months into the season and turns out all that patience we've talked about is remarkably thin. Yes, results are mediocre, but not horrible. Isn't it what we all expected at this stage? "Bedding-in period," "transition," "let's not judge the manager until January," "top-4 is a bonus," "I'll be happy if our play shows improvement even if results do not": I've read statements like these countless times before the season started; now that we are actually inside the "transition" and indeed results are mediocre, but improvement in many areas is also obvious, is it too much to ask for some patience from the "best fans in the world"?

Twitter bollocks saying we're back in for Walcott.

The more I see of Walcott the more I warm to the idea. Since Xmas last year he's been excellent. There is finally an end product to his game. I was concerned that he was just having a purple patch but he seems to have carried his form into this season too. It's like the penny has dropped for him. And he'd fit our system perfectly.

Suso and Sterling are playing in the first team. Downing and Cole are not. We are on the right track, lads. Have some faith.

It amazes me how before the season started the consensus was that this is a season of rebuilding and everybody was saying that they are prepared to give the manager time and not demand instant results. Now we are a bit over 2 months into the season and turns out all that patience we've talked about is remarkably thin. Yes, results are mediocre, but not horrible. Isn't it what we all expected at this stage? "Bedding-in period," "transition," "let's not judge the manager until January," "top-4 is a bonus," "I'll be happy if our play shows improvement even if results do not": I've read statements like these countless times before the season started; now that we are actually inside the "transition" and indeed results are mediocre, but improvement in many areas is also obvious, is it too much to ask for some patience from the "best fans in the world"?
I think you will find the people who said this at the beginning of the season still feels this way. However certain drama queens have already reached critical mass and so, with their hysteria shining with power of a million suns, it becomes harder to notice those dull, patient posters.

After reading Rodgers comments about the summer transfer window, I can understand why he looked at a lot of players he had coached before. The scouting system is now in place, but during the summer he was practically alone which makes his approach understandable.

2-3 attacking players is what he wants in january. Hopefully we'll get a few bargains and good players.

To whom it may concern,

Kindly put a lid on this silly "wind bag" nonsense. Thanks in advance.

I am etcetera,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom