• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2015/16: Young Guns, Reserves and Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
LFC U21 3-2 Boro U21 (Ojo hat-trick)

We're playing in white. Look at Danny Ward's role in their first goal. Absolutely awful.

Last edited:
New deal for Chirivella. Takes his contract to 2020.

Williams, Ward, Fulton, Randall, Kent, Brannagan, Ojo, Smith (May~Nov 2015), Stewart and Chirivella (both this year) are now on renewed contracts. I think Canos and Wilson are still on their first pro contracts signed in 2014, and of course, Rossiter as well.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...rpool-fc-midfielder-pedro-chirivella-11016581

chiridealjpeg.jpg

U21s: 1-1 vs Man Utd. Skrtel, Caulker, Ibe and Ward involved. For United, Valencia is back after his injury.

Last edited:
Do
Ojo vs Boro U21s. Aidy Ward is probably in the stands watching intently with a smug grin.

Don't tell me Ojo is with Ward too now? What is the contract situation with him? He must be a priority for us to secure him. He's got real quality and unpredictability. He kind of reminds me of a young Tino Asprillia.

Do
Don't tell me Ojo is with Ward too now? What is the contract situation with him? He must be a priority for us to secure him. He's got real quality and unpredictability. He kind of reminds me of a young Tino Asprillia.

Nah he isn't, or not yet. Just saying Ward would love to target someone like him.

Ojo signed a new 5-year contract last year.

Klopp hails Liverpool youngster Allan Rodrigues de Souza - "he's an outstanding talent"
17:23, 15 MAR 2016 UPDATED 17:23, 15 MAR 2016
BY NEIL JONES
Reds boss impressed with 19-year-old Brazilian, who is on loan with Belgian side Sint-Truidense

SHARES

COMMENTS

Enter your e-mail for our Liverpool FC newsletter
Subscribe
Jurgen Klopp manager of Liverpool talks with Allan Rodrigues de Souza during a training session at Melwood Training Ground on January 12, 2016 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool have an “outstanding talent” in young Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza.
The 19-year-old was signed by the Reds from Internacional last summer, but work permit issues have meant the club has had to loan him out, first to Finnish side SJK and then to Belgian outfit Sint-Truidense, where he is a regular at present.
His progress has seen him rewarded with a call-up to a Brazil U20 training camp in Rio, and he is now in line to feature at the South American Youth Championships in Ecuador later this year.
Speaking about his young prodigy, Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “When I came here, one or two months later Allan was here and I said ‘who is this?’. ‘He is a player for us and the week before he became a champion in Finland.’ ‘Interesting - why didn’t he play here?’ ‘Because it’s not possible.’ And then I started learning about the FA rules and things like this.
Allan Rodrigues de Souza of Liverpool in action during a training session at Melwood Training Ground on January 12, 2016 in Liverpool, England. (Photo by John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
"I saw him in training and I thought ‘oh my God, what can we do to keep this boy here and bring him into the line-up?’ He’s 19 years old, an outstanding talent, a good player with a good attitude, everybody loves him, he’s a nice lad – so that’s really, really good. He’s a smart player
Klopp added: "There is no chance in this moment here because he can’t get the permission to play here, so we have to send him out on loan. We sent him to Belgium and he did well, really well until now. We had no doubts about this, it was a good transfer for both sides.
"Now for the first time he has got an invitation for the national U20 team, and that’s great. It’s really deserved because he’s an outstanding talent. Everybody has seen him, but it’s not too easy to have a lot of pictures of him because most of the time he has played in other countries.
"We hope we can find a solution in the future because he will be a fixed part of the squad in the future, for sure. Now he uses this time to improve and the next step to the U20 national team of Brazil is a great story.”

New 'Premier League II' reserves competition under discussion to replace widely-criticised Under-21s set-up

The Premier League 's clubs are set for a revolution in reserve and youth team football.

They have been given a set of proposals to try to improve the current set-up, which has come under fire from managers and led to the death of the old-fashioned reserve leagues.

Mirror Sport can reveal the list of ideas includes:

- A FULL reserve league - nicknamed Premier League II - which will mirror the clubs' first team fixtures.

- FIVE over-21 players will be allowed in matches, as well as a senior goalkeeper, to encourage youth development.

- A TELEVISION contract which will feature live games shown at prime-time, including on Friday nights.

- MATCHES will be played in clubs' main stadiums, with reduced ticket prices to encourage fans to attend.

- BIG prize money of around £3million for the eventual champions to encourage clubs not to loan out their best up-and-coming players.

It is also understood the academy systems at Premier League clubs will be given an overhaul, with teams set to be under-17s and under-19s
rather than the current U16s and U18s.

That is designed to give more youngsters a chance to succeed and prove themselves rather than being shown the door at 18.

It is understood a circular has gone round to the clubs and with discussions underway there is certain to be a major shake-up.

The Premier League has confirmed there are proposals on the table as they try to boost youth development in English football.

It is also a welcome boost for clubs who, from next season, will no longer be able to loan out players midway through the season because world governing body FIFA is scrapping the "emergency loan" system.

The ideas are likely to be voted on in the near future with the suggestion the new-look reserve league could come in for the 2017-18 season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-premier-league-ii-reserves-7569298

tagseth.JPG

Liverpool have beaten a host of rivals to the signature of a 14-year-old wonderkid.

Edvard Sandvik Tagseth had trials with Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton, Ajax and a number of other European clubs before settling on a "dream" move to Liverpool.
Tagseth, a midfielder, has signed a pre-contract with the Reds and will stay with his current club Neset FK until he turns 16, in January 2017.

"It feels good to finally be done with it and decide on a club," he told Norwegian newspaper Tronder-Avisa.
"I felt it was best club for me . I enjoyed myself best there."

The teenager added that it had been a "dream" to sign for the club he supports.
"It's something I 've dreamed about since I was little," he added. "It is particularly satisfying to experience it. I'll just do my best for years to come, then we'll see."

Tagseth spent time with several academies in England before deciding on the move.
He was originally spotted by Everton but gained the attention of Manchester United after scoring against them for the Toffees in a friendly. However, the paper reports he was 'disappointed' with his visit to the club.

Tagseth also trained with Ajax but made up his mind after heading to Bulgaria with Liverpool for a youth team tournament.

Liverpool have beaten a host of rivals to the signature of a 14-year-old wonderkid.

Edvard Sandvik Tagseth had trials with Manchester United, Manchester City, Everton, Ajax and a number of other European clubs before settling on a "dream" move to Liverpool.
Tagseth, a midfielder, has signed a pre-contract with the Reds and will stay with his current club Neset FK until he turns 16, in January 2017.

Not many can do that. Not many at all. I reckon this kid is something special.

1 - 0 Liverpool. Fantastic team goal. Alexander-Arnold intercepts in our half and passes right away forward to Gomes, who pushes the ball against a backpedaling defence, then slides the ball to Phillips on his left slipping into the box to finish neatly. Lovely move from back to front and a goal in seconds.

Alexander-Arnold has been very good, and Gomes is a joy to watch - pacy, powerful, plays inside and outside, and works hard. Love the kid. Herbie Kane too has played well linking with Ph

Last edited:
We've owned them for the last 20 to 25 minutes of the first half. We've been very fluid in attack and should've scored a few more by now but for some desperate Evertonian defending. We can be susceptible to being caught out at the back as we flood them though.

If we can keep the level of play up, I can't see Everton being able to keep us to just a solitary goal.

And 2-0 just 4 minutes into the second half. Beautiful free kick into the area around the top corner from Herbie Kane, from just at the edge of the 18-yard box. He's had a good game as well.

3-0. Woodburn scores after something happens. My stream's gone to shit for the last 10 minutes.

Toni Gomes off for Brooks Lennon. Gomes has been excellent again today.

4-0 Alexander-Arnold penalty. Lennon busts a gut chasing down what looked like a lost cause, cuts it back for Adam Phillips, who then gets upended in the box. Keeper got a hand to the ball but the power behind the shot carried it through.

And 4-0 it ends - could've easily been double that! Superb display by our boys; I don't think it's an exaggeration when I say it's probably one of the best performances I've seen from a LFC U18 or U21 team. We worked really hard to win the ball - all 90 minutes + stoppage time, our boys were always on the move and not slowing play down unnecessarily, and we passed very sweetly and crisply. We also defended very well after the first 20 minutes. It was quite a spectacle.

This was the sort of game where 4 or 5 guys could compete for the MOTM without anyone looking like a contentious or generous pick. Feels like Liam Coyle is the new kid on the block to watch. He's small, but he fights hard, steps in to break up attacks well, and most importantly, he knows how to pick and play a good forward pass right after he wins the ball.

A delightful performance; glad I could catch the game today.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-snap-up-young-11244189
Liverpool FC snap up young defender Lattie

Liverpool have beaten a host of Premier League clubs to the signature of highly-rated England youth international Diego Lattie.

The Reds made their move after it emerged that Manchester City hadn’t offered the 16-year-old right-back a new contract.
Manchester United, Everton, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland and Aston Villa had also shown an interest in the Stockport youngster, who had been on City’s books since the age of nine.
However, the boyhood Liverpool fan jumped at the opportunity to join the club’s Kirkby Academy and has penned a three-year deal.

With Manchester City having agreed to release him, Lattie has already started training with the Reds’ under-16s squad and will make the step up to Neil Critchley’s under-18s squad in pre-season.
The defender had long since been on Liverpool’s radar having played against them in recent years and Academy staff moved quickly after it became clear he could be snapped up without the club having to pay a compensation fee.
Lattie is an England Under-17s international, who made his debut at that level against Italy last August.

Canos with an assist in Brentford's 3-0 win against Fulham (start of clip). Picks the opponent's pocket and then feeds a team mate for their opening goal.

Clip here:
-- http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/brentford/10264776/brentford-3-0-fulham

6 goals, 4 assists in 37 league games (but only 1,600 minutes, i.e. ~18 full games) in his first pro season at 19. The last contract he signed with us seems to be back in 2014; no idea how long that deal was. Stewart, Chirivella and Ojo, who penned their first contracts at about the same time, have since signed new contracts that run till 2020; hopefully Canos will impress Klopp enough to get a similar extension.

Meanwhile, we were linked back in March with another Spanish youngster from Barcelona's academy, Sergio Gomez.

Plenty of reserves will probably be released or sold this summer:

Ryan Kent
Jack Dunn
Ryan McLaughlin
Jerome Sinclair
Teixeira
Joe Maguire
Daniel Cleary
Conor Masterson
Alex O'Hanlon
Ilori
Williams