• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Add / Remove ONE goal from ONE game ever played...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddapie

Heard a cracking question posed on a podcast I was listening to this morning...

If you could add one more goal to OR erase one goal from a match that's been played in the past, what one would it be?

That's a fecking beauty, isn't it? I really have to think about my answer... Nothing jumps straight out, initially.

Can't believe I scrolled down and was thinking about each one as I read them.

Cantona in the 96 cup final maybe, but all the main ones are done already

Yes, that goal in '89 and/or that non-goal at the emptyhad would normally be my choices, too.

But I think it might end up being the Stevie G slip goal for me... If that doesn't happen and we just draw that match, I am 100% certain that we'd have gone on to win the league and no player has ever deserved a championship medal like he did. Him not winning the league, becuase of THAT match is f@#!ing tragic.

Add a goal to the Man City game at there ground two seasons ago domestic treble think that would be the best

Kompany v Leicester was the most unthinkable.
Thomas last min was perhaps the most gut wrenching.
Ba was the most degrading.
Firmino v City when it was millimeters away from being a goal.

Ultimately whichever you pick, they all resulted in the same consequence in losing out on the title.

I pick Thomas.

Yes, that goal in '89 and/or that non-goal at the emptyhad would normally be my choices, too.

But I think it might end up being the Stevie G slip goal for me... If that doesn't happen and we just draw that match, I am 100% certain that we'd have gone on to win the league and no player has ever deserved a championship medal like he did. Him not winning the league, becuase of THAT match is f@#!ing tragic.
Yes and Rodgers stays on as manager for 2-3 more years. Klopp joins Man U

That goal in 1990 that stopped Ferguson from getting sacked from the utd job.

I'm going to use mine to just punch Pickford in the nuts right before he assaults Van Dijk. Actually I'd never remember the date, so I'd have to just go back in some other random point in time and punch him in the nuts, and if it doesn't have a butterfly effect, i still punched him in the nuts.

Can't believe I scrolled down and was thinking about each one as I read them.

Cantona in the 96 cup final maybe, but all the main ones are done already
I don't think we'd have ever scored in that game. They have just scored again or would have won 3-0 on penalties

Nobody tempted to take away that Agueroooooo goal? Suppose it just gives a title to United so it’s ultimately of little consequence to a Liverpool fan.

Nobody tempted to take away that Agueroooooo goal? Suppose it just gives a title to United so it’s ultimately of little consequence to a Liverpool fan.
Nope, regrettably cheered that goal like we'd won the league.

Never thought they'd forge into this despicable club where I almost.........hate them more than Utd, almost.

Nope, regrettably cheered that goal like we'd won the league.

Never thought they'd forge into this despicable club where I almost.........hate them more than Utd, almost.

I’m thinking from the pov of not having to listen to it for years after, also the solksjaer or sherringham champions league goals for the same reason.

I’m thinking from the pov of not having to listen to it for years after, also the solksjaer or sherringham champions league goals for the same reason.
Yeah I know but I still cheered it back then, which I can't take back......even using that pov it'd make me not be true to myself and a bit of a phony.

If Gerrard hasn’t slipped, we might not have gotten Klopp, so I’m at peace with that one.

Ranieri got sacked 6 months after winning the title.....that was at Leicester, even if Brodge woulda won it then without the slip no way would he have survived another 18 months of shit which included the most embarrassing result in the clubs history.

Gundogan’s goal last game of the season also a contender. That’s PL and both cups won.

I would probably choose to remove that Kompany goal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom