• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ajax (H) CL 13 September 2022 20:00 pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomoWASright

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Will we see a rejuvenated display or another lack lustre performance from the team? After the Postponement of the league game there’s really no excuses for a lax performance.

I’d probably change the team I had selected against Wolves because of the extra rest. Under the lights we need to start all guns blazing. Show that the Napoli result hurt us.

Ali

Alexander Arnold
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Elliott
Thiago

Salah
Jota
Diaz

Get Arthur, Carvalho and Nunez on for 30 minutes. Score depending look at getting TAA and Robbo off as early as possible.

If you think Napoli’s midfield was awesome, just watch Ajax’s. If’n we don’t sort ourselves, we’ll be eaten alive. Again.

If you think Napoli’s midfield was awesome, just watch Ajax’s. If’n we don’t sort ourselves, we’ll be eaten alive. Again.

Thiago and Fabs aren’t exactly shabby as a pair. If they start, we will do them.
If the game is on.

Didn't Ajax lose all their best players and their coaching staff over the summer. If we lose to them we aren't getting out of the group.

A succession plan for their coach, along with best striker, winger, midfielder and central defender? I thought succession planning was just giving Milner another 12 months

A succession plan for their coach, along with best striker, winger, midfielder and central defender? I thought succession planning was just giving Milner another 12 months

Hahah haha .

Yes. Ajax already knew ten Hag was leaving and had his replacement lined up. It then proceeded to rinse Man U for all it was worth and more. Again, it had replacements lined up— it has a fantastic academy and a South American scouting network.

By the way, Klopp will sort out our mess because he’s far too good a coach not to. Stubborn he may be but even he has acknowledged a need to change. Problem is that by the time he does, we may well be out of the champions and premier league title races.

Last edited:
Didn't Ajax lose all their best players and their coaching staff over the summer. If we lose to them we aren't getting out of the group.
Ajax lose their best players every season.....Whether it's Ziyech and De Ligt or Klaassen and Donny or Dest & Promes.

It doesn't stop them from winning the league (& yes I know it's the Eredivisie) every or most seasons as well as competing to the same phase in the CL every or most seasons.

They're still a threat.

Ajax lose their best players every season.....Whether it's Ziyech and De Ligt or Klaassen and Donny or Dest & Promes.

It doesn't stop them from winning the league (& yes I know it's the Eredivisie) every or most seasons as well as competing to the same phase in the CL every or most seasons.

They're still a threat.
A threat? Ajax were outstandingly good in their demolition of Rangers, we will have to be at the top of our game to beat them.

He could get a "SofaScore rating" of 50 million and "xG" of 100 million but he's still a shit Southampton reject who sounds like a war criminal

We're gonna lose this. I was mildly optimistic for Napoli...but this? No chance

Eredevise is a farmers league, Ajax squad was decimated this summer. If we lose this it's not a question of whether this is season is a write off, it's a question of how bad it's going to get.

Eredevise is a farmers league, Ajax squad was decimated this summer. If we lose this it's not a question of whether this is season is a write off, it's a question of how bad it's going to get.
I like your thinking...if we were a movie....

"LIVERPOOL FC 22/23...How shit are they ?"

A threat? Ajax were outstandingly good in their demolition of Rangers, we will have to be at the top of our game to beat them.
Anyone can be outstandingly good against this version of Rangers ! Their drop off in the past year has been astounding.

This is not giving enough credit to a team that is known for selling players and replacing them at the highest level.
According to some fans the promotion of Kenneth Taylor from their own ranks have improved them after selling Gravenberch. Taylor looks a player.
The Eredvisie is shit but Ajax are not. They're good team with good players.

Agree about the second bit. Tomorrow is a must win game. If we dont I doubt we'll qualify from the CL group and the season could spin into a horror show.

Will we see a rejuvenated display or another lack lustre performance from the team? After the Postponement of the league game there’s really no excuses for a lax performance.

I’d probably change the team I had selected against Wolves because of the extra rest. Under the lights we need to start all guns blazing. Show that the Napoli result hurt us.

Ali

Alexander Arnold
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Elliott
Thiago

Salah
Jota
Diaz

Get Arthur, Carvalho and Nunez on for 30 minutes. Score depending look at getting TAA and Robbo off as early as possible.

Yep, this is the team for me. Until Nunez settles in Jota is the most natural centre forward for me. I see Nunez rotating more with Diaz (unless we think he's actually a number 9) and Bobby (in his current form) rotating more with Jota.

Alternatively, Thiago returning and Arthur entering the ranks means we do have the opportunity to get back to playing 3 CMs and using Elliot more like a pinch hitter. But I think we'll persevere with Elliot in CM until Jordan returns as neither Thiago or Arthur have 90 mins in the legs yet.

Klopp: "We had a meeting with the players, I watched the [Napoli] game and it was a real horror to be honest. "It was the worst game we played since I am here."

Hopefully we'll see us with something to prove tomorrow night.

How in the hell is Nunez going to settle in, if we're not using him in competitive games? For me, he has to start

Would also argue we need to get Jota settled back in to the team too, this season

Reactions: dee
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom