• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wolves (H) 10 September 2022 15:00 pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter who we play or in what formation. We're shit and will get a point at the absolute most.

Of course, and maybe it will give us time with him to have a rethink. But like I've said, in the game against United he was targeted in the same way, using the same player who destroyed him 4-5 years ago. If he hasn't changed in that time he never will, and if Klopp hasn't tried to rectify it in that time, that's on him too. He's a fucking awful defender, always has been, always will be. It's our fault we've not developed him into a role where he's able to thrive without having horrible limitations exposed. That's fucking criminal.

Thats simply not true though. But this discussion isnt possible to have I think, at least not today.
My point was that the rest and training a World cup free month would have for him could be the best thing to happen for all parties.

Thats simply not true though. But this discussion isnt possible to have I think, at least not today.
My point was that the rest and training a World cup free month would have for him could be the best thing to happen for all parties.

Which bit's not true? About him being a poor defender? Of course he is, he's proven it year upon year. There are times when we've benefited from having defenders and other players around him at the top of their game, the times when the system and his role in it have worked to a tee and his defensive limitations have been eased, but when asked to defend in a team that isn't playing well, he's exposed too often. He's been the weak point too often when we have been playing well too.

Rashford tore him a new one at Old Trafford a few seasons ago, and did the same again a few weeks ago. That's not progress, that's stagnation, regression even. He might be a brilliant "player" on his day and his passing and crossing ability is second to none, no one is disputing that, even if that part of his game has now gone a bit off the boil, but his defending has always been suspect and his concentration levels are lax.

Allison

Gomez (TAA needs to be dropped from the squad to send a statement)
Matip
VVD
Robbo (don't really rate Kostas as any better)

Fabinho
Thiago

Salah (he has been excellent at creating chances. His goalscoring has fallen off a cliff largely because of Trent playing inverted and him having to be wider due to a number 9 making runs into his space)
Elliott
Diaz

Jota/Nunez

Allison

Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Thiago

Salah (he has been excellent at creating chances. His goalscoring has fallen off a cliff largely because of Trent playing inverted and him having to be wider due to a number 9 making runs into his space)
Elliott
Diaz

Jota/Nunez

This is what I'd go with.

Be prepared for Milner in a midfield 3, Trent to keep his guaranteed place, and dont be surprised to see Firmino in

Allison

Matip
VVD

Fabinho
Thiago

Elliott
Diaz

Jota/Nunez

This is the thing I've struggled with tactically. It only seems to have downsides and no positives.

Firmino drops deep so that doesnt seem to be the case though. Nunez has played 176 mins of PL football out of the 6 games so far. Which other nr 9 is making any runs and staying up top?

Can't believe we're writing off a striker after 3 games when most of us knew it takes time. Moreover he is coming into a team that lacks balance and shape, so I am going to say he is immune till Jan, and then there should be improvements.
Melo I hope shuts me up and there was nothing I saw from the Napoli game to say that he will, but its still early days, he is still trying to get match fit. The squad is the squad till Jan. We have a world class manager and he will have to change it. Go back to basics, defend deep, and then hit team on the counter, get confidence back. Then in Jan, get a CM, RW and RB, and we will make top 4

This is the thing I've struggled with tactically. It only seems to have downsides and no positives.

The only positives were:

1. It's simply just a bit different and teams had worked out somewhat our first attacking shape with Salah running inside. (even though it was super effective).
  2. The second positive was that it seemed to placate Trent's ego to allow him to play near a position to the one he actually wants to play (CM), where he could shoot more. However this inverted position relies on Henderson (not Elliott) playing, and moving into the FB channel when Trent comes inside. Not really a good solution when you're playing Elliott there.

Can't believe we're writing off a striker after 3 games when most of us knew it takes time. Moreover he is coming into a team that lacks balance and shape, so I am going to say he is immune till Jan, and then there should be improvements.
Melo I hope shuts me up and there was nothing I saw from the Napoli game to say that he will, but its still early days, he is still trying to get match fit. The squad is the squad till Jan. We have a world class manager and he will have to change it. Go back to basics, defend deep, and then hit team on the counter, get confidence back. Then in Jan, get a CM, RW and RB, and we will make top 4

No one is writing him off, just that there are reservations over his style and whether that's suited to us. In fairness, those concerns were raised in many of the assessments made of him prior to him signing and when he signed. That he wasn't good at linking play, he technically wasn't that great and thrived in different ways. That (fairly) set alarm bells ringing about how he would fit with us and how we will adapt to him. It's pretty reasonable really. He needs time, we need time, but I'd being lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

At what point do other players start to look at Trent walking around like hes one of the Harlem Globetrotters and think 'fuck this, why should I run myself into the ground so he can give away 2 goals a week and never get dropped' cos if I'm honest it feels like Robbo has reached that point. His recent comments about players not putting a shift in and backing up the team mates seem directed at Trent

how about fuckin giving him a proper bollocking on the pitch?

What's the likelihood this will be called off? Loads of the races have just been called off for tomorrow.

What's the likelihood this will be called off? Loads of the races have just been called off for tomorrow.
I’d say no chance. As squiggles says, there’s nowhere Elise to play games in the season. The calendar is already bursting. Another reason is broadcasters. Remember the stink they kicked up over covid games not what was agreed. Some slag dying isn’t excuse enough to stop their demands for the games to go ahead.

I've read around and it seems pretty likely that everything will be cancelled.

However much the BBC tells us "it's normal to feel empty and disorientated", the simple fact is most people do not give a flying toss. We better get a day off work if they're cancelling the footie.

I've read around and it seems pretty likely that everything will be cancelled.

However much the BBC tells us "it's normal to feel empty and disorientated", the simple fact is most people do not give a flying toss. We better get a day off work if they're cancelling the footie.
And do what if there’s isn’t a match on? Speak to our family? Fuck that.

I imagine all games will be postponed. Mind you, I think it is only sporting events tomorrow that have so far been called off, so it is possible that sport at the weekend might still happen.

I remember being massively pissed off when our match was called off the weekend Di got topped. It will almost definitely happen for her ma in law

No one is writing him off, just that there are reservations over his style and whether that's suited to us. In fairness, those concerns were raised in many of the assessments made of him prior to him signing and when he signed. That he wasn't good at linking play, he technically wasn't that great and thrived in different ways. That (fairly) set alarm bells ringing about how he would fit with us and how we will adapt to him. It's pretty reasonable really. He needs time, we need time, but I'd being lying if I said I wasn't concerned.
There's alot to be concerned about, I am just in terms of whats at the top, it isn't Nunez. We all knew he wasn't Haalands class, but he is a Haaland type forward.

If Thaigo had played from the start, do you think we would have lost 4-1?

I’d say no chance. As squiggles says, there’s nowhere Elise to play games in the season. The calendar is already bursting. Another reason is broadcasters. Remember the stink they kicked up over covid games not what was agreed. Some slag dying isn’t excuse enough to stop their demands for the games to go ahead.
This is absolutely fucking disgusting. Whilst I realise many on here are complete anti-Royalists, this is a lady that has dedicated her life in service to the UK since she was 21 yrs old. Forget her offspring, this woman demands respect and thankfully the world is granting that respect even if you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom