• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani set for Anfield bow against Birmingham on Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think there is a ridiculous amount of expectation on the player. ideally he would be coming into a confident team but HE is going to be the one who has to lift them.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=37031.msg983749#msg983749 date=1257769746]
Everyone assumes it's Lucas he's replacing.

I hope Rafa thinks the same...
[/quote]

Who else could it be?

And, of course, any minor knock that keeps the poor bloke out for the odd match will be seized on by the usual hacks and then exaggerated wildly and inaccurately. (Did you hear that one of the Sunday Supplement hacks claimed yesterday that one of Benitez's errors was letting Anelka leave the club? The three other monkeys just nodded sagely.)

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=37031.msg983764#msg983764 date=1257770482]
And, of course, any minor knock that keeps the poor bloke out for the odd match will be seized on by the usual hacks and then exaggerated wildly and inaccurately. (Did you hear that one of the Sunday Supplement hacks claimed yesterday that one of Benitez's errors was letting Anelka leave the club? The three other monkeys just nodded sagely.)
[/quote]

ha ha, no way?

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=37031.msg983763#msg983763 date=1257770311]
[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=37031.msg983749#msg983749 date=1257769746]
Everyone assumes it's Lucas he's replacing.

I hope Rafa thinks the same...
[/quote]

Who else could it be?
[/quote]

Reina I reckon

[/quote]

Oops, I quiffed.

Out of the 5 minutes Aqua played, there was nothing to comment except for one 50 yard pass to to right, which nothing come out of it.

I know but can you imagine if he hadn't been brought on?

According to the masses on here, we'd have comfortably beaten Lyon 2-0 had he been introduced then, so no doubt we'd have fucking steamrollered Birmingham were he to be left on the bench.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37031.msg985935#msg985935 date=1257906234]

According to the masses on here, we'd have comfortably beaten Lyon 2-0 had he been introduced then, so no doubt we'd have fucking steamrollered Birmingham were he to be left on the bench.
[/quote]

Shawshank Redemption - Hope is a good thing...

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37031.msg985935#msg985935 date=1257906234]

[/quote]

So the masses were silenced by is introduction?

Whether he came on or not, we were, to say the least, not very effective for the second half.

[/quote]

whilst the above is clearly inaccurate rafa did have the opportunity to sign anelka and chose not to

[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg985984#msg985984 date=1257924432]
[/quote]

whilst the above is clearly inaccurate rafa did have the opportunity to sign anelka and chose not to
[/quote]

Oh Fuck off!! Whens the last time we had 16 million to spend in January!!?? We were never gonna compete with Chelsea for his signature and it was like a case of Johnson coming here in the summer. Glen didnt want to go back to stamford bridge and im sure Anelka after being left go didnt want to come near anfield!! But sure....its all Rafas fault!!

He probably should've pulled 70 million out of his arse and hijacked Kakas deal to madrid too...yeah??

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=37031.msg986144#msg986144 date=1257940209]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh Fuck off!! Whens the last time we had 16 million to spend in January!!?? We were never gonna compete with Chelsea for his signature and it was like a case of Johnson coming here in the summer. Glen didnt want to go back to stamford bridge and im sure Anelka after being left go didnt want to come near anfield!! But sure....its all Rafas fault!!

He probably should've pulled 70 million out of his arse and hijacked Kakas deal to madrid too...yeah??
[/quote]

as gmacca says, it is sammy's fault. always. however you look at it. whatever the issue is. it is sammy. sack sammy.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=37031.msg986144#msg986144 date=1257940209]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we had the chance to sign him before he joined bolton - make up what you want to suit - did bolton pay 16 million for him? did they buy him in january? we could have bought him for 8 million. instead in that summer we bought who? kuyt, pennant, bellamy, paletta for near enough 25 million.

now u go and fuck off.

[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg986378#msg986378 date=1257963702]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we had the chance to sign him before he joined bolton - make up what you want to suit - did bolton pay 16 million for him? did they buy him in january? we could have bought him for 8 million. instead in that summer we bought who? kuyt, pennant, bellamy, paletta for near enough 25 million.

now u go and fuck off.
[/quote]

And of course as always there is concrete evidence that:

a) We didn't try to get him.
b) He wanted to come to us.
c) He was the player he's proven to be now at Chelsea.

And a whole load of other theoretical scenario's, while we're once again talking, uhm.. theoretically.

If you didn't make your cuntish ramblings out to be some sort of fact that only you know, people might actually take your ramblings seriously. As it is, no one fucking does.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=37031.msg986381#msg986381 date=1257964078]
[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg986378#msg986378 date=1257963702]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

now u go and fuck off.
[/quote]

And of course as always there is concrete evidence that:

a) We didn't try to get him.
b) He wanted to come to us.
c) He was the player he's proven to be now at Chelsea.

And a whole load of other theoretical scenario's, while we're once again talking, uhm.. theoretically.

If you didn't make your cuntish ramblings out to be some sort of fact that only you know, people might actually take your ramblings seriously. As it is, no one fucking does.

[/quote]

oh yea i can see it now. i'll turn down liverpool so i can go play for fat sam at bolton. yea that's right i'd rather go to bolton than the team that i didn't want to leave in the first place. i know gerrard's just spoken well of me in a tv interview and that they're 5 times champions of europe but i'd rather go play at bolton than the champions league.

if we were in for him he would have chosen us above bolton so less of the nonsense marky. and yes even back then many of us thought he was good enough.

but that's realy not what i was responding to and you know it. we could have bought him before he went to chelsea in january for 16 million so there was no need to pull 70 million out of rafa's arse as was suggested.

Hey, you really could take this somewhere, go and drag out the transfers for that Summer, pick out all the really good ones and then you can have a field day, the thread could just roll and roll, you'd love it you really would x

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=37031.msg986390#msg986390 date=1257966118]
Hey, you really could take this somewhere, go and drag out the transfers for that Summer, pick out all the really good ones and then you can have a field day, the thread could just roll and roll, you'd love it you really would x
[/quote]

Sure, Rafa couldn't have signed Maradona, however, in all fairness you must concede that Rafa could have invented a time machine and kidnapped him. We know the player he developed into. Just saying.

that's it guys make it ridiculous if it makes you feel better. none the less we could have signed anelka for 8 million and there is no getting away from it.

[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg986394#msg986394 date=1257966937]
that's it guys make it ridiculous if it makes you feel better. none the less we could have signed anelka for 8 million and there is no getting away from it.

[/quote]

and we could've signed ronaldo but parry didn't let us. Wait a minute.....are you saying that parry DIDN'T have anythign to do with how we spent our money at the time? For a player who, while doing well here, never set the world alight?

Well shiver my timbers

[/quote]
That's true, it's also a completely ahistorical consideration.

[quote author=Fabio Alrighty-o link=topic=37031.msg986398#msg986398 date=1257967458]

[/quote]

and we could've signed ronaldo but parry didn't let us. Wait a minute.....are you saying that parry DIDN'T have anythign to do with how we spent our money at the time? For a player who, while doing well here, never set the world alight?

Well shiver my timbers
[/quote]

i remember everyone i knew at the time was excited by his arrival, he did well and even houllier has later come out and said not keeping anelka an bringing in spit was a huge mistake.

i also remember the threads during the time and when he went to bolton where significant numbers of posters wanted to see him here.

rafa could have bought him if he had wanted to and houllier should never have let him go.

are you suggesting that parry bought bellamy, kuyt, pennant and pelleta that summer?

[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg986415#msg986415 date=1257968751]
are you suggesting that parry bought bellamy, kuyt, pennant and pelleta that summer?
[/quote]

You know Bellamy is doing really well at City this year, perhaps we should have... oh.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=37031.msg986420#msg986420 date=1257969001]
[quote author=rage link=topic=37031.msg986415#msg986415 date=1257968751]
[/quote]

You know Bellamy is doing really well at City this year, perhaps we should have... oh.
[/quote]

if bellamy had played in athens we would have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom