• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani set for Anfield bow against Birmingham on Monday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=37031.msg986676#msg986676 date=1257999587]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=37031.msg986667#msg986667 date=1257993876]
Fark, I'm beginning to think you don't like rage.
[/quote]

How dare you Ryan, I attack the post, not the poster...

It makes sense, I mean, at the end of the day we have all sorts of other communication with these people don't we? Why would I let someone's consistent posting habits determine how I view them as a post-er, and who hasn't seen fruitful discussion between someone named Farkmaster and someone named Rage, in their every day life? We wouldn't want the internet to be any different would we?
[/quote]

I tried to reason with him above, and not to let out a bout of wordy diarrhoea all over him. It was a fucking struggle I can tell you.

He talks shite, he's got a half-baked agenda, and he can't for the life of him accept reason, facts, or counter-arguments. All major irritants of course, but they way he immediately jumps to some wholly unrelated semi-point the nanosecond you prove him wrong in order to somehow contrive to get a valid point across irks the fucking scrotum right off me. Example:

Rage - "I really wish Rafa would fuck off back to Sevilla the fat fuck"

Fucking everyone - "He managed Valencia rage"

Rage - "So you're agreeing with me that his record in Spain was better than here?"

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=37031.msg986602#msg986602 date=1257985176]
As I said before, I really don't remember him doing anything of note whilst at Liverpool. I may be wrong of course, but nothing sticks out.
[/quote]

He didn't. It's a fucking big myth.

I remember four things of note.

His appearance against Newcastle in a three pronged attack.

His sub appearance against United at OT when Murphy scored (midweek game).

His sub appearance when we crashed out the cup to Arsenal and he came on and looked a threat, hitting the bar.

His goal against Fulham.

He wasn't this object of brilliance people would have us believe, he underwhelmed. The whole situation was magnified by the signing of Diouf. If we'd have signed someone else and they'd proven a hit then this wouldn't ever have been an issue.

22 apps, 4 goals.

I remember the days when I was the only one saying Anelka didn't do a whole lot while he was here so the decision by Houllier was understandable at the time.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=37031.msg986703#msg986703 date=1258012827]
I remember the days when I was the only one saying Anelka didn't do a whole lot while he was here so the decision by Houllier was understandable at the time.
[/quote]

I've had this argument on here dozens of times Ross, are you suggesting you were the only one? ;)

Heh, what are people trying to prove by debating how good Anelka actually was for us in that brief time?

He is (and always has been) a top player and would've been a good signing for us under both Houllier and Rafa.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=37031.msg986708#msg986708 date=1258013308]
Heh, what are people trying to prove by debating how good Anelka actually was for us in that brief time?

He is (and always has been) a top player and would've been a good signing for us under both Houllier and Rafa.
[/quote]

The argument really is whether there was good reason at the time not to sign him. Which there was.

Hindsight is great innit?

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=37031.msg986710#msg986710 date=1258013433]
[/quote]

Anelka coming good is hardly a great surprise Mark.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=37031.msg986708#msg986708 date=1258013308]

[/quote]

The argument really is whether there was good reason at the time not to sign him. Which there was.

[/quote]

at least we've moved on from the bullshit that was we could never afford him when clearly we could have and that he may not want to have played for us which also at best is highly unlikely.

i still disagree regarding the hindsight bit - anelka was a premiership proven striker when bolton bought him. i see it more as a calculated risk.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=37031.msg986712#msg986712 date=1258013824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That's not really the point is it? The point has already been made, at the time he wasn't as sought after as he is now, for good reason. There was reason to think at the time that his career could have easily gone the other way.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=37031.msg986712#msg986712 date=1258013824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Unless you're a cretin.

[quote author=Red Mullet link=topic=37031.msg986600#msg986600 date=1257985099]
Wasn't Anelka a massive risk to any team because of his attitude? Hence, his nickname of Le Sulk. All managers shied away from him because of that.

Bolton got him for only 8m because they were willing to accept his attitude. In fact if Anelka didn't have such a poor attitude then he would have cost far more money, say 20 million.

He subsequently improved his attitude at Bolton and showed his real talents.

Tis the way I remember it.

Obv. Anelka attitude problem is rafas fault.
[/quote]

Anelka's attitude earlier in his career was the reason why we took him on loan to begin with. Your perception of him seems to have got stuck at that point. The facts are that his attitude was superb at Liverpool (as made clear by numerous senior figures within LFC), he clearly loved the club and the city, he was willing to take a pay cut to stay and even after leaving he made it clear numerous times in the following years that he'd love to come back. We'll never know for sure, but I'm convinced it would have been a big help for Houllier's and LFC's subsequent years if we hadn't f'cked Anelka off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom