• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp is going to side with Trent because he's the captain. Even though as you say we looked far better with Bradley at RB (no surprise - many of us have said for ages we've lost width and defensive stability since we started playing the inverted RB - and yet we're still top of league).

It will be interesting to see what Xabi does with Trent. A great player but without an obvious slot in our team since Szobo is a far better RM.

We shouldn’t be talking about next season. Klopp started today with 16 league games left to win the league: now that he’s going it doesn’t matter if he panders to egos.

We have some good rest between the next two league games, then a long break for cup games til it restarts:

We have time to fix this lack of cohesion.

Good thing we don't play Arsenal away every week then isn't it.

Also Ali and Virgil don't make howlers like they did today every week.

People need to stop crying and get a grip.
We’d have lost to a number of decent sides away today. It’s not like Arsenal were at their best either beyond just targeting our right side over the top repeatedly.

We shouldn’t be talking about next season. Klopp started today with 16 league games left to win the league: now that he’s going it doesn’t matter if he panders to egos.

We have some good rest between the next two league games, then a long break for cup games til it restarts:

We have time to fix this lack of cohesion.
We can talk about whatever we want mate ... it won't affect the team :p

We’d have lost to a number of decent sides away today. It’s not like Arsenal were at their best either beyond just targeting our right side over the top repeatedly.
But the fact is we don't. Before today we've "lost" 1. Most teams don't have the defensive quality in their sides like Gabriel Saliba Rice etc.

It was an awful performance and we lost deservedly. But we need to get back into our stride and form quickly again.
Title challenge, league cup final, 2 cups and loads of fun and games to come.

Forget today and move on.

Felt like we had too many things stack up against us and it all came to a head.

TAA coming back from injury, so the plan was always going to involve Bradley. That went out the window with the sad news about his father.
Szobo's injury adds to this.
Nunez picking up some kind of problem adds another element.
And that doesn't even start to get into Salah and Endo not being around.

Anyway, fuck that, on we go. Arsenal won't stick with the pace.

Felt like we had too many things stack up against us and it all came to a head.

TAA coming back from injury, so the plan was always going to involve Bradley. That went out the window with the sad news about his father.
Szobo's injury adds to this.
Nunez picking up some kind of problem adds another element.
And that doesn't even start to get into Salah and Endo not being around.

Anyway, fuck that, on we go. Arsenal won't stick with the pace.

They most likely won’t. But they were celebrating as they know they’ve handing a huge advantage to city in the title race.

Who’d have thought a month ago that 75% of posters would be saying we’d have won that if Bradley started.

This isn’t even about player quality, it is about tactics.

We had no plan, and the players just hoofed it for 60 mins then once we actually had some control we conceded by our CB & GK failing to clear a random hoof ball.

Our squad players weren’t good enough tonight.

Gravy was dreadful. Gakpo poor. Macca had his worst game for us. Even Ali had a stinker after his great save for the lead up to Saka’s tap in.

The return of Endo, Mo, Szobo & Bradley can’t come soon enough.

We had the chance to go 8 points clear and played as timidly and brainlessly as i think I’ve seen us in 12-18 months. What was the team talk? What was our plan? Did we forget about all learnings from the FA Cup game?

Huge missed opportunity.

Our many second places (in the league or cup finals) this past decade have been decided by freak errors or brain farts. I really hope this won’t be another one of those.

Maybe it’s my fault for that “the squad” thread. This is why I’m glass half empty… from now on, normal service to resume.

Maybe it’s my fault for that “the squad” thread. This is why I’m glass half empty… from now on, normal service to resume.

But tbf we were really using the dregs of the squad today. Let’s hope it makes us really step up for the rest of the season. We have proper leaders back from international duty or injury in Endo, Mo, Roberton and Szobo. We need that leadership and influence across the team.

I love the performances we’ve had from Jones, Macca this season but there wasn’t a shred of leadership in midfield today.

Klopp is going to side with Trent because he's the captain. Even though as you say we looked far better with Bradley at RB (no surprise - many of us have said for ages we've lost width and defensive stability since we started playing the inverted RB - and yet we're still top of league).

It will be interesting to see what Xabi does with Trent. A great player but without an obvious slot in our team since Szobo is a far better RM.

Agree that Klopp will go with Trent at right back. But should he? On recent evidence, it seems more clear than ever that he shouldn't.

Not if we throw in another performance like that it isn’t…

First bad game of the year, we'll be back quickly.

A few days ago after beating Chelsea, we were talking about how great we looked.

Let's not lose the head

that was like laurel and hardie at back .. we were shit .. grav /jones crap deserved nothing from the game trent is a liabilty .. ad have bradley all day over him at right back

that was like laurel and hardie at back .. we were shit .. grav /jones crap deserved nothing from the game trent is a liabilty .. ad have bradley all day over him at right back
& tell Jannno Binomial thinks she's a massive cunt.

I'm disappointed about the result but it hasn't ruined my evening. I was more disappointed when we drew against Luton, Man U and Arsenal, because I felt like those were games we had to win. Beating Arsenal away or getting a point feels like a bonus. The real work should have been done at home, but we did it in the cup instead.

When we lose, I usually turn off the TV avoid the papers and the internet in general and focus on something else but for some reason I find myself watching the post match discussions and Klopp's post match press conference.
The race isn't over, it's still in our own hands.

I'm disappointed about the result but it hasn't ruined my evening. I was more disappointed when we drew against Luton, Man U and Arsenal, because I felt like those were games we had to win. Beating Arsenal away or getting a point feels like a bonus. The real work should have been done at home, but we did it in the cup instead.

When we lose, I usually turn off the TV avoid the papers and the internet in general and focus on something else but for some reason I find myself watching the post match discussions and Klopp's post match press conference.

Agreed, we always learn from these things. And we have things to learn. And honestly, I don't want to win this league without beating Man City. And now we have to.

Van Dijk and Alisson run into each other, Martinelli scores.

Cut to our bench:

pearce dominik szoboszlai ruled out today due discomfort in v0 5vniyq76clgc1

Its also a reminder to stay away from this place when we lose a game. People react badly to a loss and its not very constructive.

Better to stay away and come back for the next game.

One last bit thats constructive.
We looked leggy and couldnt match Arsenals energy. Not strange really:

Arsenal had played 3 games in 34 days. Liverpool had played 7. The 3rd in 7 days. Chasing the Quad. There’s a price for potential glory.

Hard to win at Arsenal with the team we had to play. Add Nunez, Salah, Sob and Bradley to negate their attack and we would have won.

One last bit thats constructive.
We looked leggy and couldnt match Arsenals energy. Not strange really:

Arsenal had played 3 games in 34 days. Liverpool had played 7. The 3rd in 7 days. Chasing the Quad. There’s a price for potential glory.
Spot on, Arsenal had more energy than we did.

I’m just watching MotD and it seems that Allison kicked Virgil’s thigh when trying to clear the ball…after VVD had been barged in the back by Martinelli who is not making any attempt to play the ball in doing so…

I thought at the time it should have been var checked (and not sure if it was or not) but, regardless, I’m don’t understand why no one seems to be debating if it was a foul. The goal changed the whole complexion of the game.

It doesn’t ultimately matter, they weren’t as good as the media take but deserved the win against an abject Liverpool performance…but I’m not sure the decision would have overturned if the ref had given a foul against Martinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom