• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were on top the start of the second half then he changed it
Should have left it .till the last 20 mins ..then put subs on

Literally never ever, ever a foul.

Ever.

Correct.

Anyone thinking that’s a foul is bonkers - it was just shit play from both of them.

Alisson always has one bad game in him every season and Virg is now human.

We move on and take our frustration out on Brentford or whoever we play next.

We were on top the start of the second half then he changed it
Should have left it .till the last 20 mins ..then put subs on
Completely agree with you here though JJ. Start of the 2nd half until the trio sub was the only period we looked on top in the game. Probably planned beforehand but Klopp should've waited another 10.

First bad game of the year, we'll be back quickly.

A few days ago after beating Chelsea, we were talking about how great we looked.

Let's not lose the head
That was more to do with how bad Chelssa are. Wolves just smashed them too.

3 games in 34 days?!? How the fuck is that even possible. Surely this month or next they must have an overload in fixtures?

Actually fuck it, still rather be in the position we’re in to them.

It was clear the team was playing with a hangover. There was very little urgency and intensity.

It's almost like we were playing after receiving news your spouse wants a divorce and wants the papers signed by May. Just a general sense of depression and lethargy.

And this game was crying out for an Endo. Nobody bothered to stop them playing or knew how. Gravvy tried but didn't have a clue which positions to run into. We lost the battle in midfield way before kickoff.

Trent was also clearly not match fit and a few paces behind, so it was easy for them to attack our flanks, pulling our CBs out of position.

Last edited:
A captain standing up to take the blame.
------

A disappointed Van Dijk apologised for his role in the decisive 67th‑minute misunderstanding with Alisson, who seemed more at fault to the naked eye. “I take full responsibility for that,” he said. “That is a big moment in the game. I should have made a better decision. It hurts for me. The turning point is my responsibility, I should try to clear [the ball]. Obviously these things don’t happen too often in my career, but I will recover from this.”

3 games in 34 days?!? How the fuck is that even possible. Surely this month or next they must have an overload in fixtures?

Actually fuck it, still rather be in the position we’re in to them.
This seemed such an outrageous claim I had to check it.

This was their 6th game in 37 days or 4th game in 27 days :

29 Dec : Arse 0-2 West Ham
31 Dec : Fulham 2-1 Arse
8 Jan : Arse 0-2 Liverpool (FAC)
20 Jan : Arse 5-0 Palace
31 Jan : Forest 1-2 Arse

This seemed such an outrageous claim I had to check it.

This was their 6th game in 37 days or 4th game in 27 days :

29 Dec : Arse 0-2 West Ham
31 Dec : Fulham 2-1 Arse
8 Jan : Arse 0-2 Liverpool (FAC)
20 Jan : Arse 5-0 Palace
31 Jan : Forest 1-2 Arse

The "3 games in 34 days" calculation starts from the day after their last league match vs. Fulham match in Dec to yesterday.

From and including: Monday, 1 January 2024
To, but not including Sunday, 4 February 2024
No. of days: 34
Matches played: 3

Our last match in Dec was vs. Burnley on 27 Dec.

From and including: Thursday, 28 December 2023
To, but not including Sunday, 4 February 2024
No. of days: 38
Matches played: 7

Or simply put, after yesterday's game: 4 (1 away) and 8 matches (4 away) since 2024 respectively.

Last edited:
Don't dwell on this result. It was just a bad day at the office and we didn't turn up.

Learn, regroup and move on.

Our first team players are returning so we'll be at full force very soon.

All efforts must be focused on the quad. Then we can all f off later.

One last bit thats constructive.
We looked leggy and couldnt match Arsenals energy. Not strange really:

Arsenal had played 3 games in 34 days. Liverpool had played 7. The 3rd in 7 days. Chasing the Quad. There’s a price for potential glory.

True, and further argument against playing so many key players against Norwich. We did part of this to ourselves.

People keep banging on about having so many players back, but the injuries forced us into happening upon a solid defence. Now we feel we have to role out the red carpet for Trent and Robbo. As I said pre game, we shouldnt change that backline now until/unless we have to.

VVD was all over the place, but the backline looked disjointed from the off. It's not a coincidence.

Last edited:
Given that most FA Cup rounds don’t impact League fixtures, my view would be limited.
Excluding the one a week a go where we ran some of our starters into the ground in the run up putting in this drab performance.

People keep banging on about having so many players back, but the injuries forced us into happening upon a solid defence. Now we feel we have to role out the red carpet for Trent and Robbo. As I said pre game, we shouldnt change that backline now until/unless we have to.

VVD was all over the place, but the backline looked disjointed from the off.

Agreed. The first half of the season was characterised by ‘come backs’, largely driven by our team not working well. We managed to get some wins but it was rarely pretty.

I guess we are returning to those lesser periods of this season without hesitation.

A bad day at the office.
Trent lacking match fitness. We really missed Dom in MF. VVD and Alisson had an off day.
It's not the end of the world but it does give City the advantage now.

A bad day at the office.
Trent lacking match fitness. We really missed Dom in MF. VVD and Alisson had an off day.
It's not the end of the world but it does give City the advantage now.

I'm having a good day at the office. An Arsenal supporting colleague came by to gloat, so I congratulated him on the win and admitted that they were better on the day.
Me: "We'll just have to get our revenge in the cups"
Him: "Which cup?"
Me: "Exactly..."

Then he started some shit about the CL....good luck is what I replied.

Last edited:
I'm having a good day at the office. An Arsenal supporting colleague came by to gloat, so I congratulated him on the win and admitted that they were better on the day.
Me: "We'll just have to get our revenge in the cups"
Him: "Which cup he said?"
Me: "Exactly..."

Then he started some shit about the CL....good luck is what I replied.
You're too nice Modo.

Sadly where I am, there are no Arsenal supporters......wouldn't have ended well for them if there were, head first out the nearest window is where he would've gone.

VVD was all over the place, but the backline looked disjointed from the off. It's not a coincidence.

The set up first half was the worst I've seen Klopp go with.

Couldn't quite work it out, we had a defensive box of Ibou Virgil Mac and Gomez......literally no one out wide in our defensive third to pass the ball to so constantly back to Ali it went. No one else in the picture, I have no idea where the fuck Trent was.

The set up first half was the worst I've seen Klopp go with.

Couldn't quite work it out, we had a defensive box of Ibou Virgil Mac and Gomez......literally no one out wide in our defensive third to pass the ball to so constantly back to Ali it went. No one else in the picture, I have no idea where the fuck Trent was.
I think due to trents fitness, he pretty much set up shop on the half way line and didn't really move from that area unless he had to

I think due to trents fitness, he pretty much set up shop on the half way line and didn't really move from that area unless he had to
Even more baffling as it's a set up AND selection fuck up.....I get there wasn't a whole load of options but I thought Robbo looked far livelier against Chelsea than Trent did.

Really hope Bradley is ok mentally to return this weekend, even if it's a little selfish and ignorant of me to say.

Even more baffling as it's a set up AND selection fuck up.....I get there wasn't a whole load of options but I thought Robbo looked far livelier against Chelsea than Trent did.

Really hope Bradley is ok mentally to return this weekend, even if it's a little selfish and ignorant of me to say.
i can imagine bradley might be out for a while. Obviously we don't know the ins and outs but i very much doubt klopp will consider him for selection for a while; especially with trent back. Trent is our RB, and klopp isn't going to change his mind on that.

Bar a couple of dud performances by weakened teams in the Europa League, we have been great this season, and we are well ahead of schedule for a rebuilt side, far beyond what we expected in the Summer.
We were great against Chelsea, shite against Arsenal. Of course it's disappointing but no knee-jerking from me. If we put together a couple of lacklustre performances over the next few games then I'll start to be concerned, and of course games like this will be disappointing if we fall short in the league, but it's one game (and I'll still be more pissed off about Spurs away).
And losing Klopp is much more of a problem for us to deal with than three points dropped at Arsenal because we were uncharacteristically shite, and our two most consistent players dropped a bollock.
Shit happens, let's give Burnley a right twatting in the next game and get back on track.

Yesterday was also one of the reasons I cant take Arsenal seriously. They have a playmo character as manager that does victory laps after a win in February. Odegaard taking pictures with a camera of the club photographer infront of the crowd and celebrating (like Spurs) like they've won the league.
Just a very immature squad filled with players that havent got the right mentality or mindset, and it starts with that unlikeable cunt they have in charge.
If we dont win the league then City will. This Arsenal team will continue to bottle it when it matters.

Yesterday was also one of the reasons I cant take Arsenal seriously. They have a playmo character as manager that does victory laps after a win in February. Odegaard taking pictures with a camera of the club photographer infront of the crowd and celebrating (like Spurs) like they've won the league.
Just a very immature squad filled with players that havent got the right mentality or mindset, and it starts with that unlikeable cunt they have in charge.
If we dont win the league then City will. This Arsenal team will continue to bottle it when it matters.
Providing their celebrations yesterday spur us on, i'm ok with it. It did seem like it was a crunch game in may, rather than there being a good amount of games left; some of which are against very good sides away from home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom