• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aston Villa (A) 26th Dec, boxing day footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. Compared to Firmino up front it's night and day – instead of dragging the defenders forward, he causes them to stay back and they still cannot keep up with him. Salah and whoever can play in the half-spaces for us should be big beneficiaries of this.

Has to be said that his teammates have played some delicious through-balls for him today and against City. Even Gomez played a beautiful one. They are really starting to find him in the right areas.

He’s gonna be immense. The Viking balls have spoken.

For all the running behind and pressure and pace an xG he fluffed his lines over and over. Plus constantly offside. Like Djibril Cisse.
The thing with most of the offsides is that they are marginal. With the way the rules are now, he can do that 5 times a game, as long as he puts the ball in the net. Then VAR has a decision to make.

The thing with most of the offsides is that they are marginal. With the way the rules are now, he can do that 5 times a game, as long as he puts the ball in the net. Then VAR has a decision to make.
He didn’t do that. Useless prick. And offside is offside.

For all the running behind and pressure and pace an xG he fluffed his lines over and over. Plus constantly offside. Like Djibril Cisse.
Your bitterness is hilarious when all and sundry are lauding him (bar not finding the net). Seems when you despise a player nothing they do will ever be of value.

This 2022 version of Momo, bitter & hateful towards a few players, is night and day difference to the fun loving 2021 Momo. Hope you're alright mate?

Your bitterness is hilarious when all and sundry are lauding him (bar not finding the net). Seems when you despise a player nothing they do will ever be of value.

This 2022 version of Momo, bitter & hateful towards a few players, is night and day difference to the fun loving 2021 Momo. Hope you're alright mate?

I wouldn’t say all were lauding him - the post-match analysis I had was Michael Owen & Ian Wright - while generally supportive (Wright was scathing about Ollie Watkins being a poor finisher), they were both critical about his decision making.

Owen, particularly, couldn’t believe how “raw” he still was - they both said it was too early to tell, but Liverpool either had something special or a lump of shite.

That’s kind of where I am - I can see how he might be genuinely terrifying for the opposition, but at the minute his inconsistency is terrifying me.

Jurgen Klopp: "Darwin Nunez played an incredible game. He will score goals, I have no doubt about that. He gives us so much more than that - he will score. Everything will be fine. This game was exceptional."

The power of a Klopp Hug.

321411848_883005983057374_4732263667406424836_n.jpg

Jurgen Klopp: "Darwin Nunez played an incredible game. He will score goals, I have no doubt about that. He gives us so much more than that - he will score. Everything will be fine. This game was exceptional."

The power of a Klopp Hug.

321411848_883005983057374_4732263667406424836_n.jpg

Next week Nunez finds himself on the bench as Gakpo starts banging then in for fun!!!

Very concerning about the way we collective defended. However let's stay positive:

1. Its great to be back
2. We looked fucking awesome going forward.
3. Bajcetic - what a few minutes
4. Doak - also fantastic first impression. Those 2 are going to be great!
6. Keita came on and looked decent (yes I know I'm ruining it all now)
5. Wake up to the news we've made a great signing.

Its (almost) all good people!

Just one (or 2 bits) of good transfer news in the next week or so please.

Can't wait til Friday....

I cant remember a player more scrutinized or over analyzed than Nunez. Every touch, finish, run, dribbling attempt and pass. Stats, videos, memes, Twitter threads and slow motion. Mostly from fans of other clubs as well.
Its all very weird and a modern day aspect of football I cant relate to. Getting old I guess.

Everything is just fine. I just don’t rate him and the signing appears bonkers. We have put aside £80million-ish to buy him when there was way bigger issues with the squad. If the rumours are true that Benfica were laughing their tits off at our bids it makes it worse.

We have people constantly saying raw and potential. He’s 23 going on 24. Which you shouldn’t be buying raw and potential at that age. In comparison we didn’t buy a raw Torres, Suarez or Mané. We released their potential through simple fine tuning.

I watched the game without commentary so didn’t have any external influence to what I was seeing with my eyes. I watched him make wrong choices in the big moments. When we get to the business end of the season that will cost us.

I don’t rate him as a technically gifted player, I don’t rate his temperament and I completely hate the cost considering where we were last summer.

I cant remember a player more scrutinized or over analyzed than Nunez. Every touch, finish, run, dribbling attempt and pass. Stats, videos, memes, Twitter threads and slow motion. Mostly from fans of other clubs as well.
Its all very weird and a modern day aspect of football I cant relate to. Getting old I guess.
People have a lot of time on their hands.

Very concerning about the way we collective defended. However let's stay positive:

1. Its great to be back
2. We looked fucking awesome going forward.
3. Bajcetic - what a few minutes
4. Doak - also fantastic first impression. Those 2 are going to be great!
6. Keita came on and looked decent (yes I know I'm ruining it all now)
5. Wake up to the news we've made a great signing.

Its (almost) all good people!

Just one (or 2 bits) of good transfer news in the next week or so please.

Can't wait til Friday....
The substitutions helped a great deal. Suddenly out possession, we started hassling and closing down. Bajčetić, Keita and Doak provided something else which Villa had up to then not faced; tackling to win the ball higher up the pitch and an ability to hold onto it once in possession. They also ran at defenders, limiting the number of times their fullbacks went forward.

All in all, good changes.

Everything is just fine. I just don’t rate him and the signing appears bonkers. We have put aside £80million-ish to buy him when there was way bigger issues with the squad. If the rumours are true that Benfica were laughing their tits off at our bids it makes it worse.

We have people constantly saying raw and potential. He’s 23 going on 24. Which you shouldn’t be buying raw and potential at that age. In comparison we didn’t buy a raw Torres, Suarez or Mané. We released their potential through simple fine tuning.

I watched the game without commentary so didn’t have any external influence to what I was seeing with my eyes. I watched him make wrong choices in the big moments. When we get to the business end of the season that will cost us.

I don’t rate him as a technically gifted player, I don’t rate his temperament and I completely hate the cost considering where we were last summer.

it doesn’t matter if you rate him. Only matters that Jurgen does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom