• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Australian Open Tennis

Hahahahaha to those who actually thought Murray could win it.

I'm sorry but he's got a long way to go before winning a Slam.

Nadal, mah man looks in awesome form. It'd be a miracle just to take a set off him, let alone 3.

But then again, it'll be foolish to disregard Roger.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30672.msg788556#msg788556 date=1233019756]

Nadal, mah man looks in awesome form. It'd be a miracle just to take a set off him, let alone 3.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be altogethor surprised if del Potro beat him. Those 5 sets against Gasquet may have taken quite a lot out of Roger.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=30672.msg788557#msg788557 date=1233020378]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30672.msg788556#msg788556 date=1233019756]

[/quote]

I wouldn't be altogethor surprised if del Potro beat him. Those 5 sets against Gasquet may have taken quite a lot out of Roger.
[/quote]

I assume you mean Berdych? Speaking of that match, I only saw the third set so was Federer playing badly the first two or was the kid just playing better?

[quote author=Marquis link=topic=30672.msg788576#msg788576 date=1233024835]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I assume you mean Berdych? Speaking of that match, I only saw the third set so was Federer playing badly the first two or was the kid just playing better?
[/quote]

Berdych, sorry.

A mixture of both; Fed started slowly, and Berdych was playing out of his skin. Fed upped his game from the 3rd set on, and Berdych began to shit himself.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=30672.msg788577#msg788577 date=1233024960]
Berdych, sorry.

A mixture of both; Fed started slowly, and Berdych was playing out of his skin. Fed upped his game from the 3rd set on, and Berdych began to shit himself.
[/quote]

Berdych let the occasion get the better of him. I knew as soon as Federer won the third that he would win the match.

This is the first time in ages I've actually enjoyed watching a lot of the tournament, there have been quite a few interesting matches.

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO @ Gasquet !

I bet Ryan 'watches' his tennis by 'reading' the commentaries on news websites.

And oh, 6-3 6-0 6-0.

Goes to show how much you know bout tennis.

Everyone...quick...go watch Nadal vs Verdasco now !!

What an explosive match !

Verdasco is playing superbly...he kinda reminds me of a young Nadal when he first burst onto the scenes....explosive pace, aggressive power and incredible finesse....he just doesn't think twice choosing his shots, he aims for the most difficult angles and hits it...amazing stuff

But inexperience is getting the better of Verdasco...starting to make a lot of unforced errors and Nadal is just awesome.

The shot of the championship is probably in the 2nd set, Nadal serving for set point at 40-15.....that return by Nadal was simply out of this world.

Thuis is an incredible match.

As you say, it's like watching Nadal vs Nadal. Where the hell Verdasco's getting this energy from when he looked done in a set ago is beyond me, unless that was mind games to let Nadal think he had breathing space.

Although Rafa doesnt look physically tired, he shot choices are showing he's mentally tiring.

What a match.

I always go for the underdog, or almost always, so I'm made up Verdasco's doing so well.

I reckon your money'll be safe though Rog, only just though.

A tough five set match ending at 1am local time. Interesting to see how Nadal is for the final but you'd imagine he'd be fit enough to recover in time.
I'd love Federer to beat him though and match the grand slam record.

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=30672.msg791762#msg791762 date=1233324827]
We've got our final.
[/quote]

Just barely, Great match. Maybe those knocking Murray will think twice now.

Yay ! 500 quid on Nadal vs Federer final at 4/1 odds.

Too bad I ain't in UK to join you lot for drinkies, else I'll buy all of you drinks.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30672.msg791768#msg791768 date=1233325305]
Yay ! 500 quid on Nadal vs Federer final at 4/1 odds.

Too bad I ain't in UK to join you lot for drinkies, else I'll buy all of you drinks.
[/quote]
I wouldnt be so sure. It will be very close.

[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30672.msg791853#msg791853 date=1233333976]
It's already a Nadal vs Federer final you muppet.
[/quote]
I thought you bet on Nadal winning the final.
Keep the muppet for your mates young man.

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=30672.msg791854#msg791854 date=1233334279]
[quote author=Roger REDerer link=topic=30672.msg791853#msg791853 date=1233333976]
It's already a Nadal vs Federer final you muppet.
[/quote]
I thought you bet on Nadal winning the final.
Keep the muppet for your mates young man.
[/quote]

Are we not mates here on SCM, Tony? ;) ;D

Another incredible energy-sapping match....even watching it drains the shit out of me....the tension of every shot, the amazing recoveries of Nadal, the classy grace of Federer...

It's not exactly their best matches, nor is it really a classic unlike their previous games but it's still on-your-edge of the seat kinda tennis.

Nadal looks increasingly tired but then he stuns the viewers with amazing shot recovery.

The guy's a fighter and a legend.

If only Liverpool can play with that kinda of spirit. We'd be leading so far the table that we'd virtually won the title already.

Nadal thrashed Federer in the last set 6-2.

I think it's no coincidence that Federer's only 'big rival' in his career has been Nadal, and as he's ascended - his grip on the 'the best player on the world' title has slowly slipped. Federer is great - one of history's greatest. But I don't think he's as good as Sampras, who dominated despite a host of other top names playing near/at their best throughout his storied career.

Well Done Rafa

Did you all see the presentation?

Federer broke down crying!

Gets up on the stage, says 3 words .... and then breaks down into tears!

He had to be consoled for a while. Crazy.

I thought he was going to announce his retirement or something.

Back
Top Bottom