• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Australian Open

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

Well-Known
What a game. I’m exhausted too.

You’ll never see a player like Nadal grace the game ever again. The sheer will to win is from another planet. Only few months ago he was thinking of hanging up his racquet. And now he’s the best all time slammer. Undisputed GOAT.

What a game. I’m exhausted too.

You’ll never see a player like Nadal grace the game ever again. The sheer will to win is from another planet. Only few months ago he was thinking of hanging up his racquet. And now he’s the best all time slammer. Undisputed GOAT.
I’ve always been a fan of his. To go outright as the all time top male grand slam winner in this era and with his injuries is remarkable.

Djokovic benefitted plenty from Nadal's injuries in the past as well.

If everyone was at peak fitness Nadal edges Fed and Fed edges Djokovic for me.

Djokovic is called best defender these days, but only by those who have not seen Nadal at his best against Federer.

They have all been injured/absent from time to time. And Djokovic has better h2h record

Not getting injured is not a criticism. It's to Djokovic's credit he found that balance and was able to maintain fitness long (like how Federer was able to do as well to an extent.)

Injury can't be used as an excuse if ultimately they trailed in grand slam count...Nadal's game in the first part of his career took a lot out on his body. If he had developed his serve the way he has done in the last few years a lot earlier in his career...he would have a better injury record.

Hands down Nadal has a solid argument for goat... Injury or no injury. Ultimately it's the slams, Olympic medals, Davis Cup and ATP wins that count. Nadal outshines in all of them.

Now there is daylight between Rafa and the rest. I think this will be his final season. Hopefully he signs off by winning the lot this year.

Back
Top Bottom