• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Borini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like a few here I like Fabio but at his age he needs to be starting games to improve, and he's simply not good enough to do that for us.

Him going for £14m and Remy coming for £8m is fantastic biz.

Since my 'why can't we sell players' thread we've just about fucked Borini and Assaidi off for a combined 21M.

You can thank me anytime.

Heh, good work. It's a shame about Borini though, he looks a tidy player and a good finisher, you just have to wonder how much his injuries have taken out of him and how regularly they're going to occur.

Good luck to him anyway, he'll do well.

I don't get all this sympathy for Borini. Even now every comment seems to indicate people would've been happy enough to keep him. You're all gluttons for punishment.

Nah, I just think he's one of those personalities that you will to do well. Contrast his demeanor and enthusiasm to Aspas, there ya go.

Nah, I just think he's one of those personalities that you will to do well. Contrast his demeanor and enthusiasm to Aspas, there ya go.

Maybe I'm just mean spirited then. As soon as it became evident he wasn't good enough (which sadly was fairly quickly) I wanted him out the door.

I think I'm harsher on attackers because I expect more from them.

Since my 'why can't we sell players' thread we've just about fucked Borini and Assaidi off for a combined 21M.

You can thank me anytime.

Thinking back we've actually sold some players for pretty high prices: Suarez 75m, Torres 50m, Alonso 30m etc etc. Nothing new for LFC to sell high.

Thinking back we've actually sold some players for pretty high prices: Suarez 75m, Torres 50m, Alonso 30m etc etc. Nothing new for LFC to sell high.

Last I tried to tabulate this, I think we've made roughly an average of a 10m loss on player transfers every season for the last 10 seasons (data source I used might be a bit dodgy though). The big sales tend to offset the big losses, and then some.

Since Rodgers took over, we've actually not made a loss yet on a player we've bought under him (unadjusted for inflation). Assaidi and Borini are both leaving for a profit or at least breakeven value. We may yet make a loss on Aspas depending on the buy option value Sevilla has and whether they pick up that option.

Those were good players though... (or were considered good at the time, in regard to Torres)

Great deal for a half decent player we'd never play. Well pleased with this one.

I don't get all this sympathy for Borini. Even now every comment seems to indicate people would've been happy enough to keep him. You're all gluttons for punishment.
i would've been happy

Heh.. at least we got more than our money back, it's more than we can say about that bag of shite Aquilani.

Actually, that's not even funny, it's painful.

Fiorentina revealed via their club accounts that Aquilani had only cost the club €790,000

Actually, that's not even funny, it's painful.

Fiorentina revealed via their club accounts that Aquilani had only cost the club €790,000

At least Aqua managed to get an assist in his first season. Unlike another "premiership proven" super winger.

At last Aqua managed to get an assist in his first season. Unlike another "premiership proven" super winger.

Haha from borini to aquilani to downing.

What about that cunt Carroll!

The circle is complete....

At last Aqua managed to get an assist in his first season. Unlike another "premiership proven" super winger.

I know, that assist was worth losing £19m on. I don't know why you continue to throw Downing in my face, I didn't say he was going to be brilliant, you disappeared from that thread the other week that you bumped, when people highlighted that you yourself said he'd be a decent addition. So lets not go there eh?

14 million?!!!! Ha ha! Brilliant. While I don't really care how much we spend on players I do care how much we get when we sell them. That's amazing. I wonder what Sunderland fans make of it all. LOL.

14 million?!!!! Ha ha! Brilliant. While I don't really care how much we spend on players I do care how much we get when we sell them. That's amazing. I wonder what Sunderland fans make of it all. LOL.

Why would you care about one and not the other? They're the same thing.

football really is a load of wank these days . here we are all chuffed about selling a player for an unexpected profit . yeah of course i want to make money on our flops but really for a club of our size it's not something to get too excited about . it's not what we are about .

From what I've read in their forums, not too different from how our fans reacted to Lallana for 25m, i.e. a somewhat broad range of reactions. It's positive overall, because they love him there for his attitude and contributions last season in keeping them up. A bit of quibble over whether they overpaid (some rationalizing it's not a lump sum of 14m but X + add-ons, some suggesting it's payment over a number of years, etc.). But again, generally, supportive of the move.

I don't really know why. It is what it is. I hope that satisfies your question...

Pablo Picasso always said he could never sympathise with the intellectual desire to understand art. Why can't it just be enjoyed for itself, like a flower or a beautiful view or the smell of the ocean? A friend once rushed up to him eager to share the news that he had discovered the meaning of one of his works. "It was a still life!!" said Picasso.

Well blow me down. Finally getting value for our players. First, Assaidi, then Borini. Long may it continue. Hopefully, the days of Carroll and Downing are gone.

That's a great fee.

I do like him as a player, but it's been clear that he doesn't really fit into Rodgers systems or style of play.

Good luck to him.

Why did he buy him in the first place, though?

Pablo Picasso always said he could never sympathise with the intellectual desire to understand art. Why can't it just be enjoyed for itself, like a flower or a beautiful view or the smell of the ocean? A friend once rushed up to him eager to share the news that he had discovered the meaning of one of his works. "It was a still life!!" said Picasso.

Indeed Peter - I'm of the ilk that there is no need to over complicate matters. This has the rather unfortunate side effect of (on occasion) making me look a bit dim. Me and you know that's not true though..... Right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom