• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Borini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers said: “He obviously spent a really successful period with Sunderland last season and they’re a fantastic club.
“They’ve offered to buy Fabio and that’s where we’re at.
“There’s an agreement between the clubs but nothing agreed with the player as of yet so he’s still very much a Liverpool player.”

could there be a twist ? could borini not want to go ? seems a bit strange him starting the game today rather than travelling to talk to them .

Rodgers said: “He obviously spent a really successful period with Sunderland last season and they’re a fantastic club.
“They’ve offered to buy Fabio and that’s where we’re at.
“There’s an agreement between the clubs but nothing agreed with the player as of yet so he’s still very much a Liverpool player.”

could there be a twist ? could borini not want to go ? seems a bit strange him starting the game today rather than travelling to talk to them .
He could just want to play football, on account that he's a footballer.

He could just want to play football, on account that he's a footballer.

sunderland play tuesday against carlisle , i am sure he could wait 3 days for a game . you don't think it's a little strange and risky to let a player play when a 14m deal is on the table and you've already accepted it ?

sunderland play tuesday against carlisle , i am sure he could wait 3 days for a game . you don't think it's a little strange and risky to let a player play when a 14m deal is on the table and you've already accepted it ?
Not really, this 'he could get injured' so let's not play him in lessor games is a silly argument. He can injured anywhere, anytime, any game.

If he hasn't signed the contract then he's still a Liverpool player, if he wants to play the last game for Liverpool then let him. There could be a multitude of reasons why he's playing now, stuff we're not privy to so why speculate as if there's something sinister going on?

"sinister " ? ..suggesting that he might not want to leave is sinister is it ?

ah whatever , i really don't give too much of a shite .

Fee was agreed last night, hardly surprising he hasn't had chance to speak to them yet.

But, but, but he played today meaning he doesn't want to go!!!!!!

It was a bit odd tbh. It's not that unreasonable to consider the fact that we have £14m being waved at us, and all it takes is one soft arse challenge from the opposition - this is Borini we're talking about, he's had his fair share of injuries.

It was a bit odd tbh. It's not that unreasonable to consider the fact that we have £14m being waved at us, and all it takes is one soft arse challenge from the opposition - this is Borini we're talking about, he's had his fair share of injuries.
And it could be a gentlemen agreement between managers to let Borini play so Sunderland can access his fitness level. It's a friendly, risks were assessed and accepted by the manager. Looks like nothing happened to him so the risk was acceptable.

And it could be a gentlemen agreement between managers to let Borini play so Sunderland can access his fitness level. It's a friendly, risks were assessed and accepted by the manager. Looks like nothing happened to him so the risk was acceptable.

It's fairly easy to say that in hindsight.

It is easy to say in hindsight, but if I'm trying to assure Sunderland we don't class him as an injury prone player then I'm gonna play him.

It also may be a marker for other players, say someone we don't really want to sell is being courted by a club & they're bidding for him, but we fancy out chances of getting him to stay, or by refusing a move, there's no precedent set to exclude the from the game.

I'm sure Rodgers would have been fairly confident they'd buy him even if he got a run of the mill injury.

It's fairly easy to say that in hindsight.
It is but FFF answered it.

I'll also add that speculation and what-ifs, although drives good discussions and posts on here, are only that and are pointless.

The amount of people saying IF he played then we would've won or not get injured don't really understand cause and effect.

@FabrizioRomano: Fabio #Borini has decided to refuse his transfer to Sunderland: he said todsy to Rodgers that he wants to stay at Liverpool #LFC #SAFC

Liverpool’s Borini blocks the transfer to Sunderland

19/07/2014 - 20:52
di David Amoyal

Fabio Borini wants to remain at Liverpool at the least for the time being. The striker turned down the opportunity to return to Sunderland, who already had an agreement with Liverpool on the basis of 12 million euro plus bonuses. While Borini is flattered by the interest of his former club he prefers other options. In the meantime he’ll stay at Liverpool. Borini has spoken to coach Rodgers about his intentions. The Italian striker has two years left on his contract and he doesn’t want to return to Sunderland. Borini will take his chances at Anfield while also potentially waiting for an offer from an Italian club.

Sounds like he wants to wait and see if other options could turn up.

@YoungSunEcho: As I said earlier, wouldn't pay too much attention to these stories suggesting Borini has "rejected" move to SAFC

Sunderland Echo reporter

@YoungSunEcho: Having heard where these reports in Italy about Borini supposedly not wanting to join SAFC have come from, wouldn't believe a word of it

@YoungSunEcho: Told by sources on Merseyside last night that Borini has been driving the move himself #safc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom