• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Bournemouth (A) - Sun 21st 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant performance. From 10 mins in we were in total control. Wasn’t easy to see on TV but they were playing in a literal storm.

So many performances to call out.

Virg & Ibu
Bradley looking a very assured attacking PL right back
Macca in the middle
Nunez & Jota

My only gripe was Harvey, i felt he slowed down too many moments on the ball by having to pass backwards by being very left footed. Was hoping he’d really step up in this one. I hope we give him the next two cup games though to keep getting this valuable experience.

@Frogfish - Mac was excellent as the DM today, best performance in midfield this season by him, he got everything right, and my MOM.

As for the others scoring, I never doubted that they would score when Salah is away, because I knew as before that they would step up and take responsibility so happy for Nunez.

Great 2nd half performance against a team that won 7 of their last 10.

It's one of those games where we need first half ratings and second half ratings. Overall, Mac Allister and Konate were the best across the ninety minutes.

Again more credit to Klopp for getting us clicking in the second half. How we start games, especially after a break, needs work.

Jota remains criminally underrated by pundits and the wider footballing community. He needs an injury free year for him to get the numbers he's capable of. It's almost like many have forgotten that insane goal run when he first joined. Keeping Jota fit is fundamental if we're to remain in the title hunt. He can genuinely fire us to a title and make up for some of the shortfall in the expected goals from Nunez.

Bradley deserves huge praise. As does all responsible for his development. Similar to Quansah he's taking everything in his stride and proving himself at this level. The more we can fill the squad gaps with youth the more we have to spend going after our main targets.

The defence in general is proving why it's conceded the least amount of goals in the league, and that's with a kid at RB and Gomez in his third choice position.They all seem genuinely hungry for clean sheets.

I still have doubts about Elliott starting games for us. We just look a little lightweight with him, Mac and Bradley covering the right side. and he's not being good enough in the ball to justify the lack of physicality and defensive side of the game. He's good off the bench because the opposition is usually pinned back and not scrapping for the ball

We're marching on!

Last edited:
1705871080655.png

More than happy.
Bradley nunez Jota did well.

Then solid from pretty much everyone else.

Just another tick.
Move onto the next game.

More than happy.
Bradley nunez Jota did well.

Then solid from pretty much everyone else.

Just another tick.
Move onto the next game.
Don't forget the monsterbou!!! He was fucking colossus out there.

Time to book ourselves a trip to Wembleyy babyy, Wembleyyyyyyy Wembleyyyyyyyyyyyy, we're dah famous red and werrrr off tah Wembleyyyyyyy.

It's one of those games where we need first half ratings and second half ratings. Overall, Mac Allister and Konate were the best across the ninety minutes.

Again more credit to Klopp for getting us clicking in the second half. How we start games, especially after a break, needs work.

Jota remains criminally underrated by pundits and the wider footballing community. He needs an injury free year for him to get the numbers he's capable of. It's almost like many have forgotten that insane goal run when he first joined. Keeping Jota fit is fundamental if we're to remain in the title hunt. He can genuinely fire us to a title and make up for some of the shortfall in the expected goals from Nunez.

Bradley deserves huge praise. As does all responsible for his development. Similar to Quansah he's taking everything in his stride and proving himself at this level. The more we can fill the squad gaps with youth the more we have to spend going after our main targets.

The defence in general is proving why it's conceded the least amount of goals in the league, and that's with a kid at RB and Gomez in his third choice position.They all seem genuinely hungry for clean sheets.

I still have doubts about Elliott starting games for us. We just look a little lightweight with him, Mac and Bradley covering the right side. and he's not being good enough in the ball to justify the lack of physicality and defensive side of the game. He's good off the bench because the opposition is usually pinned back and not scrapping for the ball

We're marching on!
Staying fit is a huge part of it. No point having a race car that spends more time in the workshop than on the road. It’s only a matter of time before he breaks down again but hopefully it’s when it doesn’t matter.

Consider yourself lucky - as soon as someone started a thread titled “Bradley”, I thought you’d died!!!
As long as you do the Frank Lampard pointing to the heavens every time he gets mentioned once I'm dead, then it's all good.

Reactions: jan
When you think of the red cards we've been handed, the very minimum was that should have been red. It's so inconsistent it's mental. I want to hear the gymnastics the PGMOL has to go through to justify why Tierney was correct. We've been fisted this season by the refs. Fucking knuckle deep.

When you think of the red cards we've been handed, the very minimum was that should have been red. It's so inconsistent it's mental. I want to hear the gymnastics the PGMOL has to go through to justify why Tierney was correct. We've been fisted this season by the refs. Fucking knuckle deep.
To me it's seems like the refs are learning and adapting as the season progresses.
I've seen other decisions that were deemed as red card offences in the first half of the season not being given now.
Like the challenge on Willian by Gusto.
Jones should never have been sent off in the first place, so I'm glad that the refs are getting it right now although it seems unfair.
I'm more pissed off about the Jota situation and also wasn't Bobby Clark brought down in the box? Looked like the defender took the leg first but I guess the refs couldn't be bothered since we were up by 4.

To me it's seems like the refs are learning and adapting as the season progresses.
I've seen other decisions that were deemed as red card offences in the first half of the season not being given now.
Jones should never have been sent off in the first place, so I'm glad that the refs are getting it right now although it seems unfair.
I'm more pissed off about the Jota situation and also wasn't Bobby Clark brought down in the box? Looked like the defender took the leg first but I guess the refs couldn't be bothered since we were up by 4.
Not sure about the Clark one but it surely seems the way that there were some "Jota dived" sentiments from the Newcastle game that was why it was not checked. It just feels like they are just making rules as they go. There is a "grey" element in VAR and it seems like they are just twisting narrative into the grey region than actually objectively referee the game.

Yet their rules also deem its necessary to play an extra 8 minutes when a team is dead and buried. They can be arsed when it suits them but lack a proper player protection aspect in other respects.

You could see why Klopp was fucked off by the potential injury when 4-0 up with extra minutes clocking up.

Yet their rules also deem its necessary to play an extra 8 minutes when a team is dead and buried. They can be arsed when it suits them but lack a proper player protection aspect in other respects.

You could see why Klopp was fucked off by the potential injury when 4-0 up with extra minutes clocking up.
I do get your point completely; devil's advocate however, there's always a chance of a comeback

Not sure about the Clark one but it surely seems the way that there were some "Jota dived" sentiments from the Newcastle game that was why it was not checked. It just feels like they are just making rules as they go. There is a "grey" element in VAR and it seems like they are just twisting narrative into the grey region than actually objectively referee the game.
It's hard to referee objectively though, as there's practically an infinite amount of issues that could crop up. I can get subjectivity when it comes to certain decisions; but the referee in VAR has the power to check on certain things and it just seems unwilling to.

It's the standard "we'll re-referee a game when we fancy it"

Yes, 100%. I would hate to see a compilation of reds given to us against ones not given against us. Or even some just not given as fouls.

Some that spring to mind are Kane on Robertson, Robbo on Welbeck against Brighton (that gave away a penalty that should never have been), Jones on whoever at Spurs.

The only way I can justify it in my head is that PGMOL have looked at them after and said "that shouldn't be a red" (e.g. Jones) or "That should be a red next time" and are trying to be consistent going forwards. However it feels like we are always the ones on the end of the decision that makes PGMOL have to change their process.

Love this, and this is why this as a front three would be lethal once we get Mo back.

Throw in Endo, Mac Allister & Jones being in great form in the middle. Virgil & Trent approaching peak form of their lives, and with other new players showing real quality like Szobo - then things look really good for us.

It is injuries that scare me, especially once the Europa League is back. I really hope we make that a priority tournament for squad/youth players. We have such a strong league position I think it deserves sacrifice. Domestic treble will do for me this year. Leave the EL for Thiago's return.

Elbow-deep more like, these motherfuckers have gone all HotKinkyJo on our arse...mad that MOTD2 didn't even look at the non-red card either.

Something I've not seen mentioned is also how blatantly their defender brought down Nunez for Jota's first - I guess it got overlooked because we scored, but when Nunez wins the initial header and the defender falls over, he blatantly lifts his legs up to trip him as he goes past. Luckily for us Gakpo picks it up and is able to slide it through to Diogo, but really that should've been a yellow, and you just know if we hadn't have scored it'd be nothing given...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom