• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brendan Rodgers running out of time as air of resignation engulfs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The pressure is huge but I embrace that challenge.

“I respect that we need to get results. One win and we’re back around top 4.

“We’ve created that expectancy here because of how we’ve worked. How do I block it out? I focus very much on the team.”

"I'd ask the fans to keep faith with the team. To stay with the team who are working tirelessly every day."

“In terms of names linked, when manager of club this size there is always going to be speculation, especially when not winning.

“I have regular contact with the owners & that relationship is strong.

“No matter how much longer I’m here, I’ll have huge respect for them.”

“I’m never complacent enough to think my job has never been (in danger).

“At a club of this stature,you always need to be at your best.

“Experiences make you better as a manager.

“To manage the focus and scrutiny here has been fantastic. I’ve loved every minute of it.

“I want to be here for a long period. I’ll prepare my team to prepare exciting dynamic football.”

Too many mixed messages in there. Thats like a rodgers formation in quotation form

This is the kind of comment that really grates: “We’ve created that expectancy here because of how we’ve worked". You'd think he'd won the Champions League the way he talks. You had one good season, Brendan, when you won nothing and choked at the crucial stage. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish 'created an expectancy'. Houllier and Benitez created a bit of expectancy. You've just not been as bad as Hodgson. That's it. Just try to appear humble even if you're not.

He's hanging on for his full compensation then.

After Stoke last year : "If they want me gone, I will go".

He's hanging on for his full compensation then.

After Stoke last year : "If they want me gone, I will go".

He shouldn't get the compensation. He should stay on training the ladies team or some reserves and work for the compensation. The same way he froze out players and made them train alone, we should take away his duties but demand some work back for the money.

He shouldn't get the compensation. He should stay on training the ladies team or some reserves and work for the compensation. The same way he froze out players and made them train alone, we should take away his duties but demand some work back for the money.

Who said he's asking for compensation? It's a bit of a no win situation really, the owners should be over here taking charge of things if they feel he's out of his depth. Hanging him out to dry is a shithouse trick, whatever he says is going to be dissected and interpreted and reinterpreted.

They're not doing a very good job of damage limitation and protecting the image of the club. They're making us look more and more like an unattractive, alienated proposition.

Why would we want him fucking up teams that are actually doing well?

Who said he's asking for compensation? It's a bit of a no win situation really, the cunts should be over here taking charge of things if they feel he's out of his depth. Hanging him out to dry is a shithouse trick, whatever he says is going to be dissected and interpreted and reinterpreted.

They're not doing a very good job of damage limitation and protecting the image of the club. They're making us look more and more like an unattractive, alienated proposition.

100% agree. They have to act. Either way they have to back their man or sack their man (Team). Hopefully the silence is due to ongoing discussions with potential candidates and not teasipping With Klinsmann.

I think he might survive it if he can manage to get the team back on a winning streak. This isn't over yet.

Easy to see on Pirlo's face where old Lambs hand is placed! #Nice couple.

2CBE65EF00000578-0-image-a-16_1443171765466.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nner-speculation-Liverpool-job-continues.html

I think he might survive it if he can manage to get the team back on a winning streak. This isn't over yet.

How far do we have to fall before it's over?

He's a goner, he's lost the fans, the players and half the board. Hoping he can turn that juggernaut around is pointless, the slide has to be arrested before the season disappears down the plughole.

I'm fucking dreading the Villa game. The atmosphere will be terrible, the fans are turning on each other and we will have to listen to their lot rubbing it in.

I want my club back, I want to see some excitement and get passionate about my team, not watch the last death throes of a broken regime.

Who said he's asking for compensation? It's a bit of a no win situation really, the owners should be over here taking charge of things if they feel he's out of his depth. Hanging him out to dry is a shithouse trick, whatever he says is going to be dissected and interpreted and reinterpreted.

TC should be binned. Get us a top class CEO and DoF. FSG must admit that they made mistakes and organize the whole club. When Ayre has as much say as the manager of how important a player is then you know that it won't work. How much do Ayre know about football? He should stick to the money bit and have no say at all of how important a player is for the team. The manager and DoF should decide that, no one else.

Get us a top class manager, a top class CEO(Ayre could do that job) and a top class DoF. Then I will be happy.

This team wont go on a winning streak though

I'm not so sure. I think the Norwich game did show that we can create chances and it was a good performance and a shitty result. The Coutinho chance was bigger than most. I think we looked good as long as Sturridge had legs. I don't think this is over yet. Ings, Coutinho and Sturridge could yet turn this around.

Do you think Rodgers lost the players - I haven't seen evidence of that in the press?

I think that he lost a lot of the players but not all of them. The problem is that he lost almost all the fans and he won't win them back. He isn't even respected by a lot of fans. A lot fans laugh at him. Laugh at his quotes. He is seen as a cheap salesman by many fans. The fans will continue to leave early.

He will need to pick players that he know will play for him, want him to stay. A few players will IMO be happy if we lose because then Rodgers is one step closer to be sacked. They won't play for him.

A couple of wins in a row and things start to look up.

That said, Hughes was sacked from city after they won.

I think that he lost a lot of the players but not all of them. The problem is that he lost almost all the fans and he won't win them back. He isn't even respected by a lot of fans. A lot fans laugh at him. Laugh at his quotes. He is seen as a cheap salesman by many fans. The fans will continue to leave early.

He will need to pick players that he know will play for him, want him to stay. A few players will IMO be happy if we lose because then Rodgers is one step closer to be sacked. They won't play for him.

They might even be right. I have absolutely no faith in things getting much different just because we get a new manager. I understand and feel the same frustration as those fans you mention. I also think that the circumstances has been very unfortunate. It obviously doesn't explain or justify the past 6 months and especially the last 7 games. We have been awful to a degree that does raise concern - all the way up to Henry/FSG.

I just don't think it's a done deal yet. He starts winning and nothing else will matter. Things can be forgotten as fast as the negative slander starts.

I'm not so sure. I think the Norwich game did show that we can create chances and it was a good performance and a shitty result. The Coutinho chance was bigger than most. I think we looked good as long as Sturridge had legs. I don't think this is over yet. Ings, Coutinho and Sturridge could yet turn this around.

Do you think Rodgers lost the players - I haven't seen evidence of that in the press?

Evidence in the press he had players walking away from him during the extra time teamtalk.. he looked like he was speaking to himself..

They wont turn it around.. Lack of goals, bad tactics, chopping and changing of formations, poor defending and lack of a cohesive plan all points to that fact...

Rodgers does not know what to do.. When you revert to a formation that was at best a 'sticky plaster' last season, shows the manager has lost it and at best, is trying to save his job..

And to say things looked promising against Norwich, It was Norwich ffs.. the performance was poor towards the end.. at home to a team promoted to the premier league via the play offs.. and since then we have had a car crash of a game against Carlisle.. a League 2 side..

He wont turn it around, I am absoloutley sure of that..

Can't see Rodgers' prospects changing now TBH. Every season he's been in charge, we haven't really started to play until Christmas/New Year. Even in the season when we went close to the title, we didn't really start motoring until then - the SAS won us games more or less on their own up till that point. This pattern was never going to be enough for Rodgers this season because, having missed his target of a top four place last season, he'll almost certainly have been told that we'd have to keep winning right from the off this time around, and that's not happened.

Ged went through a very similar situation before he was sacked. Everyone knew Parry and co were after a replacement and Ged was left hanging.

What's happening here is not new to this club.

His comments at this morning's press conference read like a man who has agreed to go by mutual consent irrespective of what happens tomorrow.

Btw, Klopp's gegenpressing way of playing wasn't any much better either. They leaked goals like a menstruating woman.

So let's hope he has learned a thing or two about defending during his 'sabbatical'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom