• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brendan Rodgers running out of time as air of resignation engulfs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether Klopp or Ancelotti want the gig at all. I hope one of them do as Rodgers doesn't seem capable of turning things around. I'd keep Rodgers over starting again with Monk or another up and coming manager of that ilk. We tried that tactic with Rodgers and it didn't work out. It didn't work out because we didn't surround Rodgers with the help he so obviously needed to execute the job. We didn't realise that then, or did and gambled on it being okay. Now the blame for that can rest on both Rodgers and the owners. Divvy it up how you please. I don't want another situation where we sack the manager and the one coming in isn't a vast improvement. Some will say, anyone but Rodgers. I can see the owners waiting to pull to the trigger on Rodgers until Klopp or Ancelotti are ready to come.

What's this weird idea that there are only two better managers than Rodgers available??

It's such a straw man.

The whole set up feels decidedly amateurish.

Plan for not being shit:

1. Get a shit hot management team that includes people who have real experience and expertise in football.

2. Get a top class director of football and partner up with whichever prick agents / agencies we have to in order to get good players.

3. Map out a coherent strategy.

4. Get a decent manager in who doesn't feel the need to be involved in appointing youth coaches or whatever in order to be successful in his role.

What's this weird idea that there are only two better managers than Rodgers available??

It's such a straw man.

No, there are probably loads better managers but people seem to have their hearts set on Klopp or Ancelotti. I think we might have to look to alternative solutions.

Who's our 2nd tier choices, De Beor and who else? I just want to make sure that the man we get is a worthwhile

It's such a straw man.

I doubt there are just two out there, but I can't think of specific names who are free to come in straight away (can you?) and finding them - whoever and wherever they are - might well take more time than the owners will be prepared to countenance.

I don't think Klopp or Ancelotti are coming. I think we might have to look to alternative solutions.

Who's our 2nd tier choices, De Beor and who else?

De Boer's not been in charge at Ajax that long. They'd want a humungous fee for him, if he's even prepared to come, besides which his record in Europe is pants.

It's as keniget says. We need to appoint someone as part of a fundamental restructuring - ironically along the lines of which FSG have apparently always wanted.

New Executives who know what they're doing. They appoint a new DOF. Then he and they can take their pick of any of about 20 good, experienced, coaches. Ancelotti and Klopp should be at the top of the list. Emery, Garcia, De Boer among the next. And so on down.

But I'd guess there are around 20 names who could come in and do some kind of decent job as part of a functional management structure.

That is what we all want. Whether we get it or not is another thing. Fingers crossed the owners plan to exercise a similar plan as to what the fans desire.

Red Sox

General Managers (FSG era): 5 in 14 years (Dan Duquette; Mike Port; Theo Epstein; Ben Cherington; Mike Hazen)
Managers (FSG era): 5 in 14 years (Joe Kerrigan; Grady Little; Terry Francona; Bobby Valentine; John Farrell)

SO ARE FSG LIKELY TO STICK BY BRENDAN RODGERS?
With these numbers, on average each individual has stayed in their post for a little under three years. The exceptions to this have been Epstein and Francona, which also coincided with the great period of recent success for the Red Sox between 2004-2011.

With Brendan Rodgers already into his fourth season at the Anfield helm, he has already outlasted several of his counterparts in Boston. He may well be on borrowed time now and it certainly would not be out of character if Liverpool's owners did decide to part company with the Northern Irishman and install a more experienced manager to take over one of the biggest jobs in world football. It's a massive call, but they their past record in Boston suggests they certainly won't be afraid to make it.

De Boer's not been in charge at Ajax that long. They'd want a humungous fee for him, if he's even prepared to come, besides which his record in Europe is pants.
I think it's his sixth season now. He has turned us down before though. They have had some decent performances in previous seasons in Europe but Ajax just aren't strong enough these days to compete at that level. They also always seem to be in Barca's group.

I'd swap for him but there was about six I'd have swapped for in the summer at least.

pl.jpg

Yet another article only looking at this season.

If a foreign manager had done the same results as Rodgers this and last season then he would be hanged over and over again by the media. They would hunt him down and not stop until he is sacked.

There are holes all over it. The article lays no blame at Rodgers' own door and that's as silly as it would be to say everything's his fault; it parrots on about "a little time and patience" as if this were Rodgers' first season rather than his fourth; he talks about "a small minority" of Liverpool fans losing patience, but how would he know? (personally I doubt it is a minority now, but I'm not making claims I have no way of backing up, nor should he): and, as for who would be happy to come in and do a better job, Klopp's issuing a "come and get me" practically every other day.

I'm not saying it's gospel. Merely that a coin has two sides.

Surely we can agree we would all be better off if, by some small miracle, Dodgers got back on track?

In one way yes, because that would mean we were doing well and that's top priority. The problem is that we want to do well long-term, not just as a temporary phenomenon, and - to say the very least - there's now serious doubt about whether Rodgers has it in him to achieve that.

Yet another article only looking at this season.

If a foreign manager had done the same results as Rodgers this and last season then he would be hanged over and over again by the media. They would hunt him down and not stop until he is sacked.

Oh, you mean like Mourinho?

A loss tonight won't get him out of the job, it'll just make fans more irate. If he loses tonight and the derby, I feel there will be no choice but to sack him in FSG's eyes.

I personally wanted us to give him this season to make up for last but after the performance against the scum, I lost all hope.

I'm not saying it's gospel. Merely that a coin has two sides.

Surely we can agree we would all be better off if, by some small miracle, Dodgers got back on track?

Absolutely, but it won't happen as he's not been able to build a defence in 3 years. If he wasn't so stubborn in not playing players he didn't buy like Sakho and sticking with liabilities like Lovren he may have give himself a fighting chance. I don't like seeing any manager sacked, well - apart from that cunt Hodgson, and I not revelling in the likelihood he's going but it is the right thing. He's lost his way completely and it means we have to rebuild the team yet again. It's the circle of shite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom