• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buvac the Brain - gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woland

6CM Addict
Liverpool No2 Zeljko Buvac quits ahead of Champions League clash with Roma following 'dispute' with Jurgen Klopp

Bosnian-Serb leaves the German's side after 17-year coaching relationship reportedly deteriorates following rift between the Anfield management duo
  • 13SHARES

By
Duncan Castles
  • 22:48, 29 APR 2018
SPORT
JS147914872.jpg

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp with assistant manager Zeljko Buvac
  • 13SHARES
Get Sport updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe
Liverpool assistant manager Zeljko Buvac has ended a 17-year coaching relationship with Jurgen Klopp in the week of the club's crucial Champions League semi-final against AS Roma.
Buvac, frequently described as “the brain” behind the pair's 'Gegenpressing' tactical approach, is understood to have left the club following a dispute with his long-term colleague.
According to sources at the club, Liverpool players were informed earlier on Sunday that the Bosnian-Serb had left Klopp's coaching staff. The decision to terminate a working relationship that began when the pair represented German club Mainz 05 in the 1990s came during a season in which Klopp had come into conflict with Buvac.

JS149871276.jpg

Mo Salah celebrates with Virgil van Dijk and Roberto Firmino (Image: Getty)
It is understood that the two coaches had ceased talking to each other during games and that that Buvac had been excluded from tactical meetings. “Klopp and Buvac had a big falling out,” a Liverpool source told Record Sport . “And Buvac has been left completely out of the loop of late.
“They stand apart in training, Buvac doesn't go to tactical meetings, and he is no longer involved in picking the team. In the past, he was the only one who had Klopp's ear. The relationship had broken down, and the players have been told Buvac is gone.”
Buvac has worked as a managerial partnership with Klopp since the German was placed in charge of Mainz in February 2001. During their seven years at the club the pair took Mainz into the Bundesliga and the UEFA before being hired by Borussia Dortmund.

Between 2010 and 2012, Klopp and Buvac led Dortmund to two German titles a DFB-Pokal victory. The following season the pair reached a Champions League Final, ultimately losing 2-1 at Wembley to Bayern Munich. When the out-of-work Klopp was approached to take charge of Liverpool two years later he insisted that Buvac- plus second assistant Peter Krawietz - be employed alongside him.
In a rare newspaper interview in 2016, Buvac explained his relationship with Klopp. “As players there was a direct connection straight away,” Buvac said. “Kloppo as a player was the same as he is as a manager. His character was the same, he wants to win, you cannot help but like him.

JS82004202.jpg

Liverpool's assistant manager Zeljko Buvac has ended his 17-year coaching relationship with Jurgen Klopp
“Both of us were looking to become managers and we promised each other, ‘If I am the first manager, I will take you and if you are the first manager you will take me.’ He came first. It is a friendship. Before every training session and after every training session we talk together. Before every match and after every match we talk.
“In training I am observing and watching and if I have the feeling something needs to be changed I will speak to Kloppo. We discuss it, ‘Why should this be? Why that?’ But it is a decision we come to together. That is the way in training and that is the way in the match
“If it is necessary, I get up from the bench and that is okay. I don’t need to ask. Together with Peter we have six eyes. You see more than if only one man is looking.”

Rangers interest in Steven Gerrard no surprise says Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp

Liverpool and Roma fans clash as fight breaks out ahead of Champions League tie

Liverpool seeking urgent UEFA meeting amid safety fears ahead of Roma return leg

Liverpool are long ball merchants insists Roma captain Daniele De Rossi
PROMOTED STORIES

Play this for 1 minute and see why everyone is addictedThrone: Free Online Game

Lookup Your Name to Check for PPI. You Could Be Owed a PayoutPPI Free Check

Brilliant Way To Check If You Had PPIMoney Advice & Tips

16 Signs of Pancreatic Cancer Hiding In Plain SightHealthyPanda.net

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

RECOMMENDED

Liverpool star Andy Robertson earns huge praise from Steven Gerrard as Anfield hero hails left back's impact

Liverpool 5 Roma 2 as Mo Salah runs riot against former club - 5 talking points

Kenny Dalglish hails Liverpool star Andy Robertson as he reveals pride in Scotland left back

Liverpool fans hail Andy Robertson as 'Scottish Roberto Carlos' after latest brilliant display

Whilst it might seem like shit timing, if the report is true that he's been out of the loop for some time & not being consulated, than that would mean much of this seasons (relative) success has been done without him.

Of course its a negative to have something upsetting the framework supporting the team at such a pivotal point of the season, but it may not turn out to be a huge difference, at least to the immediate future.

Whilst it might seem like shit timing, if the report is true that he's been out of the loop for some time & not being consulated, than that would mean much of this seasons (relative) success has been done without him.

Of course its a negative to have something upsetting the framework supporting the team at such a pivotal point of the season, but it may not turn out to be a huge difference, at least to the immediate future.

He was there Saturday with a massive pad telling the subs what to do.

This is clearly fake

Hope so, but my lad is saying Neil Jones from The Echo is confirming it now.

How would Duncan Castles have this story? He's a weirdo Mourinho love boy who seems to hate LFC.

How would Duncan Castles have this story? He's a weirdo Mourinho love boy who seems to hate LFC.
It wouldn't surprise me if the club had back channeled the media to wait on running it until tomorrow after the Firmino news hits the press & radio etc so it was muted somewhat, but cos that cunt hates us he ran it early anyway.

Literally a month or so ago I read a Klopp interview with the echo where he's talking about how Buvac raved n aout how good Camacho was and how they probably didnt realise how big of an compliment it was.

Also 17 years as professional bezzies and they fall out in the biggest week they or the club have had in yonks, itd be a bit mad.

Dont forget that cunt Castles also ran a breaking news item in August on how Coutinho was sold for £90m......

I've never heard of Neil Jones but my lad is saying some bollocks about him texting his mate.

Now I know Castles is a lying prick, and I don't see why none of the LFC jounos are tweeting about this... but there aren't any denials either... and it's doing my fucking head in.

Is it just embargoed or something? I dunno how these things work.

I'm sure I saw Klopp and Buvac celebrating together as the goals went in last Tuesday. I this is some joke whoever started it deserves a damn thrashing. If it's true it's disastrous.

I'm sure I saw Klopp and Buvac celebrating together as the goals went in last Tuesday. I this is some joke whoever started it deserves a damn thrashing. If it's true it's disastrous.

I was laughing at the amount of shit he was telling the subs to do on 65mins yesterday. There just looked so much info and it held the game up a minute. So if something happened, it happened after the match.

I hope we are not going to get a repeat of what happened when Benitez' assistant Pako left. Benitez career at Anfield went rapidly downhill from that moment.

I think every manager needs a wise voice in his ear.

This is poper fucked and does not make any sense. I hope Klopp does not suffer the Benitez issues.

That's how I see it. Hopefully it is the case.

There hasn't been any official confirmation yet, and clearly in a season where we have managed to achieve relative progress this situation hasn't affected performances so I'm not too bothered. Firmino has just signed a new contract if Klopp was leaving then that would be a different matter. Also look at Ferguson, how many assistant coaches did he go through didn't slow him down at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom