• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Owen Beck, the real thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Got to say he does loom impressive but so did Tyler Morton but Morten faded quickly at his loan move last season...

[article]
Klopp: We are really positive about Owen Beck

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has been speaking about left-back Owen Beck, 21, who the Reds have recalled early from his season-long loan with Dundee due to injuries to both Andy Robertson and Kostas Tsimikas.
"We are really positive about Owen, but he had two difficult loan spells, things can happen when you move away from home," said the German.
"Must be the right manager, right team, another experienced left back already there, so many things can happen.
"The situation here is clear; we've lost two left backs, so the boy we like is available so we bring him back. That is it."
[/article]

No lad, the guys 21 and struggled at Bolton last season.

Bradley at 19 was their POTY and he's nowhere near the real thing either.

No lad, the guys 21 and struggled at Bolton last season.

Bradley at 19 was their POTY and he's nowhere near the real thing either.
Agreed we have to be realistic. Sometimes it's as clear as day that some are ready for the first team. You don't see Bajcetic being loaned out to anyone. Same with Trent.
Beck played well in Scotland and it's positive to hear that he is wanted by Rangers but we know what level Scottish football is at.

Look - I want to give this boy a try, also that other Scottish kid that we signed - he came on against Napoli and looked the business for the 10 minutes he was on, I think some of these players are ready we just need to give them a chance. I want him starting and if he fails so fucking what ? - we need to try him - if he does well we can use him in our PL games if we need to.

Look - I want to give this boy a try, also that other Scottish kid that we signed - he came on against Napoli and looked the business for the 10 minutes he was on, I think some of these players are ready we just need to give them a chance. I want him starting and if he fails so fucking what ? - we need to try him - if he does well we can use him in our PL games if we need to.
That's not how it usually works. We "try" players in times of desperation. Like when Clyne got injured and Trent got his chance or Bajcetic last season.
I trust that the training staff can see who's ready on the training pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom