• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Buvac the Brain - gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Joyce in The Times:
It is understood Buvac has become increasingly distant and withdrawn around the club, and visibly less engaged during matches recently, and it is that, rather than any specific fall-out with Klopp, which has resulted in his stepping back from first-team duties in the aftermath of the stalemate with Stoke City on Saturday. Liverpool’s players were informed at training on Sunday.

The decision appears to have been taken for the good of the club, with Klopp recognising that his assistant manager was not as engaged as in the past and opting to tackle the matter even at such a crucial time.

Meanwhile, in the Mail, Dominic King (ex-Echo LFC corespondent, with contacts at least as good as Joyce's at the club) is reduced to speculating that it might be down to jealousy:

One theory is Buvac has grown frustrated by a perceived dilution of his responsibilities, while Kornmayer, recruited from Bayern Munich two years ago, has been recommended to receive a new contract. Many have noticed of late that Buvac has seemed more distant”.

[article]Ayestarán's resignation is understood to have followed a series of disagreements between the pair, including changes to Liverpool's pre-season training routine as Benítez sought to avoid a repeat of the team's poor start to last season, but reports linking the coach with a return to Valencia this week brought matters to a head after training on Thursday.

Ayestarán had been strongly tipped to take up a director-of-football role at Athletic Bilbao in the summer depending on the outcome of the Basque club's presidential election. The candidate with whom Ayestarán was associated lost, and Benítez believed that would end the uncertainty surrounding his friend and colleague, but he has been dismayed at fresh reports of interest from Valencia.

Benítez opted to confront Ayestarán over the Valencia link on Thursday afternoon and his assistant announced that he no longer wished to work for the club. The Liverpool squad were informed of the development yesterday.[/article]

17 years vs. 11 years o_O

The timing does make sense though, & it's not exactly a massive stretch of the imagination considering that timing.

Whilst he & Klopp may be long-term friends, if he has just told him that he's taking the Arsenal job, or seriously considering it, gardening leave would be the option taken every time, cos you do not want a potential rival manager in your camp a minute longer than necessary, even if he has been there for years already.
Because he's going to learn something he doesn't already know ? It makes no sense whatsoever when considering Buvac's personality and lack of English and the fact he couldn't have been approached - legally.

Pako was flirting with Chelsea and Mourinho IIRC. Maybe Buvac's loyalties have been questioned? We have no idea at this point but yeah it's unfortunate timing.

Some reports from a Bulgarian journalist that he's been back to Bulgaria a lot recently due to his father being in very poor health.

I'm aware that this journalist should be treated as tenuously at the ones from Bulgaria claiming he's joining Arsenal, but sadly this would explain pretty much why this situation has gone down the way it has, if it's true.

Edit: Somehow didn't see your tweet, apologies Hansern.

Last edited:
Some reports from a Bulgarian journalist that he's been back to Bulgaria a lot recently due to his father being in very poor health.

I'm aware that this journalist should be treated as tenuously at the ones from Bulgaria claiming he's joining Arsenal, but sadly this would explain pretty much why this situation has gone down the way it has, if it's true.
Could be. Tensions frayed, distant with friends. Adds up a little

Could be. Tensions frayed, distant with friends. Adds up a little
Exactly, if something that heavy is waging on your mind, it hangs a cloud over you. If he agreed to join Arsenal, surely it would have been announced, or he'd still be coaching the team.

Ite, so I guess we dont find out the true impact of his absence until next season.

Nobody is expecting Klopp to devolve into Hodge though,right?

I have written a poem:

Dear jurgen it is time for me to go
even though i know you will say no

i must have time to sit and think
i do not want to cause a stink
please tell the fans i am not messing
and they will not miss my gen-gen pressing

we will carry on our work from Mainz
Your bestest pal, the serb called Brains

I'm hopeful he will read this and return for the CL final, a tear-stained printed out copy of the poem clutched in his meaty paw, as he hugs Jurgen and mouths "thank you brendan" to the cameras.

10 Things I Hate About Jurgen

I hate the way you talk to me
And the way you cut your hair
I hate the fact you loaned Lazar
And you didn't seem to care

I hate your big dumb geeky glasses
And the way you hug our Clyne
I hate the way we 'share' tactics
When counterpressing was all mine

I hate the way you do TV interviews
I hate it when I'm too shy
I hate it when you make Lallana laugh
Even worse when you make Emre cry

I hate the way I'm not around
And the fact that you didn't call
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you
Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.

I don't know how we don't have more posters on here with content like this.

Oh yeah. We accuse them all of being bots or Glock or Blackie and chase them away.

Well in.
We are the best kept secret in the tiniest corner of the interwebs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom