• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions league other matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be foolish to think we have an easy route to the final based on that display.

Utd are rubbish. Everyone knew Barca would go through.

They’ve turned up and done the bare minimum required to advance.

They will be a completely beast in the semi final against us.

It’s a two legged tie

Didn't watch the game, but do I understand correctly the Barca are now considered "poor" because they only won 1:0 at Old Trafford, where we only played to a draw?
I'm with you. They played in 2nd gear, but never looked like conceding or losing the game. Made United look like a Sunday league team with all their long punts forward.

Messi put one worldie assist in, and then played the rest of the game in his slippers.

Worrying about how average they were, but yet how easy a win it was in the end.

United have a chance in the 2nd leg, if Barca get complacent as PSG did after an easy first leg win. Not unthinkable that they could win 2-1 at the Nou Camp.

I'm with you. They played in 2nd gear, but never looked like conceding or losing the game. Made United look like a Sunday league team with all their long punts forward.

Messi put one worldie assist in, and then played the rest of the game in his slippers.

Worrying about how average they were, but yet how easy a win it was in the end.

United have a chance in the 2nd leg, if Barca get complacent as PSG did after an easy first leg win. Not unthinkable that they could win 2-1 at the Nou Camp.

0 shots on goal usually leads to looking unlikely to concede :D

Didn't watch the game, but do I understand correctly the Barca are now considered "poor" because they only won 1:0 at Old Trafford, where we only played to a draw?
I don't consider them "poor" but they look in gradual decline to me. Suarez isn't anywhere near the player he was 2-3 years ago and Messi, whilst still obviously brilliant, lacks some of his previous dynamism. Similarly Busquets didn't quite look the force he was and defensively they look vulnerable to a high press. The bench also lacks depth.

Utd were missing a couple in midfield and lacked a cutting edge, but still had chances.

On that performance, a potential semi against a below par Barca with key players in decline, offers an unusually kind route to the final (having also drawn Porto in the quarters).

The pub I was in had the Ajax v Juvé game on in preference to Barca v Scum. 2 decent teams (obvs) but nothing to be too wary of should either get to the final. Made me think though that a Juvé v City semi final is our worst case scenario as we don't want either team in the final. I'd pick City over juvé just because Liverpool v Juvé final would be traumatic.

I saw the game. United managed to press the Barca midfield and established some periods (especially last 10-12 in first half and start of secod half) where they won the ball high and managed to move players up in the field. But their actions inside the Barca box were catastrophical. Dalot had a free header which he managed to head backwards and Rashford a free shot from around the penalty spot which he fluked towards a throw in. Then Barca made some substitutions and took back the control of the game. The added some steel to midfield simply with Vidal and Sergio someone instead of Arthur and Coutinho. From that point they took back Control and should have added as the few chances they created actually was on target. OGS tried to make some changes himself, but needing a goal or two and replacing both strikers With non strikers is not a good idea. Long may it continue. We can beat both these teams.

He definately is. But his mongness was what Barca needed to disrupt the little pressure United was building up it seemed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom