• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League semis

This is part of why I dont like Tuchel. No need to do this infront of the media:

Tuchel criticizes Kim Min-jae for both goals: "He was too 'greedy' twice. He made the first move too early against Vinicius in the first goal and got caught by Toni Kroos' pass. He speculated and was too aggressive. In the second goal, unfortunately it was another mistake. We were 5 against 2, we had the numbers. There was no need to defend that aggressively against Rodrygo. The moment Eric was about to help, he [Kim] brought him [Rodrygo] down.
Maybe he’s secretly Dutch :)

This is part of why I dont like Tuchel. No need to do this infront of the media:

Tuchel criticizes Kim Min-jae for both goals: "He was too 'greedy' twice. He made the first move too early against Vinicius in the first goal and got caught by Toni Kroos' pass. He speculated and was too aggressive. In the second goal, unfortunately it was another mistake. We were 5 against 2, we had the numbers. There was no need to defend that aggressively against Rodrygo. The moment Eric was about to help, he [Kim] brought him [Rodrygo] down.

Super coach.. no man management skills though.

Seriously though, is it necessarly the worst thing for a player to get a specific criticism from your coach? He’s not saying he’s worthless, he says he made a mistake in a specific instance, which the player and everyone who watched the game already knows. I get that some may not take public criticism well, but if this were established as a norm, I don’t think most people would mind. At least you know your boss is honest with what they say.

Am I totally in the wrong here?

Seriously though, is it necessarly the worst thing for a player to get a specific criticism from your coach? He’s not saying he’s worthless, he says he made a mistake in a specific instance, which the player and everyone who watched the game already knows. I get that some may not take public criticism well, but if this were established as a norm, I don’t think most people would mind. At least you know your boss is honest with what they say.

I think you are mate.

It's perfectly fine for your boss to berate you / point out errors, in private. However how would that go if he published it in the company monthly magazine? Regardless of where the blame lies (or if everyone knows who to blame) you are embarrassing a member of your staff in public.

This is why you'll never see Klopp saying this in post match, regardless of what he says to them in private.

you are embarrassing a member of your staff in public.
Pointing out post match a mistake a player of yours has made isn't embarrassing them, if he feels embarrassed it's on him and if the public are embarrassed for him (like I was) that's also on him and nothing to do with what gets said post match.

Tuchel has never been shy to say what he feels, of the ref or any player. Nothing wrong with outing a refereeing mistake in public and less so players. If you don't want to be called out on your mistakes.....then don't fucking make them? Is it anymore embarrassing than being 4-0 at HT to Spurs and being brought off at half time?

Otherwise you have a manager making a fool of himself in the media, trying to brush under the carpet the real reasons for not winning or whatever. Honesty is the best policy as they say.

Last edited:
Pointing out post match a mistake a player of yours has made isn't embarrassing them, if he feels embarrassed it's on him and if the public are embarrassed for him (like I was) that's also on him and nothing to do with what gets said post match.

Tuchel has never been shy to say what he feels, of the ref or any player. Nothing wrong with outing a refereeing mistake in public and less so players. If you don't want to be called out on your mistakes.....then don't fucking make them? Is it anymore embarrassing than being 4-0 at HT to Spurs and being brought off at half time?

Otherwise you have a manager making a fool of himself in the media, trying to brush under the carpet the real reasons for not winning or whatever. Honesty is the best policy as they say.
I see you have never been involved in (wo)man management then!

Back them in public, provide feedback on private. This is how you build loyalty, something Tuchel has had challenges with at most his clubs.

Not watching the game but how's Schlotterbeck playing? I think he has all the attributes to be class for us if we were in for him. However, I've read comments that he's been making a lot of mistakes this season.

Deary me lol.

Liverpool like finishing from PSG there.

There have been some horrendous misses tonight.

Good to see Sancho enjoying his football again.

Last edited:
Bad news not being in the Champs League, all the knockout games I've watched this year have been good uns.

Dortmund have missed a few good chances to put this to bed.

Mendes was lucky to get away with not giving away a silly pen on Fullkrug I thought.

PSG all talent but no fight.

Wow Dembele that is horrendous :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Add Hakimi to the shopping trolley.

Not watching the game but how's Schlotterbeck playing? I think he has all the attributes to be class for us if we were in for him. However, I've read comments that he's been making a lot of mistakes this season.
He nearly gave the ball away right in front of his keeper but I can't remember who was at fault for that. So, I'm not the one to ask.

But he didn't look right before any of that happened.
Mmmh.

Maybe felt the pressure to deliver coming for big money, at BVB he plays freely with the love of the fans.

Ole never really fancied him in his favored side did he?

Back
Top Bottom