• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chelsea : CV-19 rampant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Souness is living on borrowed time with Sky, after the demographic of the staff they just fired from Soccer Saturday.

bc9c6983d8a0476a7a849ba8718c95c9.jpg

"At last he is bringing something in to the team, though the greedy bastard will probably keep it to himself".

Are they going to go woke ?
The are going for a new look.. Talks of more Black pundits to promote Diversity..

They do it every once in a while, though tbf the last big shake up was after Keys and Grey got sacked.. So it's been a long time coming, they are dinosaurs tbf who they have got shut of..

Micah Richards being touted to be one of them.. Wrighty posted a video this morning, in tears complaining of racists targetting those ear marked for the roles..

When you find a poor living paycheck to paycheck black person that gives a single fuck that multi millionaire Micah Richards is "representing" them on sky, let me know.

The are going for a new look.. Talks of more Black pundits to promote Diversity..

They do it every once in a while, though tbf the last big shake up was after Keys and Grey got sacked.. So it's been a long time coming, they are dinosaurs tbf who they have got shut of..

Micah Richards being touted to be one of them.. Wrighty posted a video this morning, in tears complaining of racists targetting those ear marked for the roles..

"in tears"? really?

Micah Richards? Comes across as innocuous but far from hard hitting or incisive. Actually Phil was generally pretty good.

Is firing all these white guys to bring in black commentators racism ? What about Asia and the Asian subcontinent - who is going to represent them ? Oh and don't forget 50% should be women. And to fuck with the best person for the job whatever their skin colour, religion or sex.

Should be a new thread this perhaps.

Phil Thompson was good but Le Tiss and Charlie Nicholas had 25 years of talking shite, they done alright out of it. They were always gonna get rotated at some point and the whole soccer saturday boys club thing.
Micha Richards and Clint Morrison aren’t any better.
BT coverage around the same time was much better i found the last 2 yrs.

Phil Thompson was good but Le Tiss and Charlie Nicholas had 25 years of talking shite, they done alright out of it. They were always gonna get rotated at some point and the whole soccer saturday boys club thing.
Micha Richards and Clint Morrison aren’t any better.
BT coverage around the same time was much better i found the last 2 yrs.

He's spoken his fair share of shite too.

Micah Richards? Comes across as innocuous but far from hard hitting or incisive. Actually Phil was generally pretty good.

Is firing all these white guys to bring in black commentators racism ? What about Asia and the Asian subcontinent - who is going to represent them ? Oh and don't forget 50% should be women. And to fuck with the best person for the job whatever their skin colour, religion or sex.

Should be a new thread this perhaps.

The likes of Le Tissier, Nicholas, even our own Phil Thompson aren't particularly entertaining or insightful.

Merson, whilst being as thick as two short planks, is somewhat entertaining, as is Chris Kamara. I can see why they would keep their jobs.

Souness, imo, is an example of an old guard type of pundit who is still insightful and relevant. His criticism of players keeps him in a "Simon Cowell" type of role on the program. It's entertaining. But he might get phased out by an even harsher version: Roy Keane.

For me, this isn't about colour, it's about how good or entertaining you are.

For example, Alex Scott is a very well prepared and knowledgeable pundit, more so than Merson. She simply couldn't get away with being a dopey fucker, but she brings a level of professionalism and tactical/psychological talk to the discussion which is insightful.

Skysports seem to want a diverse balance of insight, entertainment, comedy and scepticism.

Problem with le tiss, Nicholas, thommo etc was that they were all too alike, too many in jokes and obvious shit banter. The show needs livening up ahead of a year where it will probably get more viewing figures than ever. They need to appeal to 15-20 year olds as well as just generally avoiding staleness.

have they actually announced who will take their places? I think it’s too easy to claim it’s cos they’re white, especially when it is because they were all boring as fuck.

The likes of Le Tissier, Nicholas, even our own Phil Thompson aren't particularly entertaining or insightful.

Merson, whilst being as thick as two short planks, is somewhat entertaining, as is Chris Kamara. I can see why they would keep their jobs.

Souness, imo, is an example of an old guard type of pundit who is still insightful and relevant. His criticism of players keeps him in a "Simon Cowell" type of role on the program. It's entertaining. But he might get phased out by an even harsher version: Roy Keane.

For example, Alex Scott is a very well prepared and knowledgeable pundit, more so than Merson. She simply couldn't get away with being a dopey fucker, but she brings a level of professionalism and tactical/psychological talk to the discussion which is insightful.

Skysports seem to want a diverse balance of insight, entertainment, comedy and scepticism.

Agreed, apart from Merson being entertaining.

I reckon they kept him because he's the only one that is young enough to play a bit with Jimmy Bullard on soccer Saturday. Or they are worried about the bad publicity it would cause if his sacking sent him back to the drink and drugs

Maybe. I'll see who they appoint before having an opinion on their direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom