• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (H) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - Chelsea are the sort of club that would get rid of Poch after tonights results, and before you know it, we will face a Jose Chelsea in the final.
They were on a bit of form before today but regardless I don’t see Poch lasting beyond the season. Who they get next is pretty much already set up to fail, the club is a shambles, nothing saves them from another ass whopping in the final.

Have we had better, more balanced team play down the right this season than these games without Salah and Trent?

People ignore the tradeoffs.
Calm down, it’s only been against Newcastle, Bournmouth, Norwich and crappy Chelsea. Let’s not ignore the opponents but fair play to Bradley, what an option.

Boss win and well-deserved. Enjoying the victory. Just wanted to share a quick story. Before kick-off tonight, I experienced a full blast of some serious Gooner whooper banter. My son brought his schoolmate home, a known Gooner, and there's been some tetchy schoolyard needling between them that's become a bit annoying.

They wanted to play PlayStation, and I had to step up and make dinner for them. The thing was that the kid has a multitude of allergies so not exactly easy. Despite the tensions between the boys, Mrs Astaire and I have tried to keep it light, understanding it as typical banter between 11-year-olds. Know what I mean?

Anyhoo around 7ish, after making sure the mate was okay with his allergies, his dad came to pick him up. Surprisingly I got no thanks for the meal preparation, Instead just a bold prediction about Chelsea beating Liverpool tonight. Serious whopperness.

"You lot are going to get stomped tonight. Chelsea are in form and you lot will be found out.... I'm so confident I whacked £20 on a City, Arsenal and Chelsea all to win Just need Chelsea to do it.;... But I know they will..... If they fucking draw I'll be gutted..... ".....

I was left dumbfounded, as I had expected at least a courteous acknowledgment of the effort I made to not put his kid in a coma.....

Obviously I couldn't help but think he had just jinxed the fuck out of it. Happily (of course) I didn't say anything in the moment, but I'm seeing him tomorrow. Can't decide whether to thank him or mock the fuck out of the douche..... How people don't understand these things is beyond me...:p

Boss win and well-deserved. Enjoying the victory. Just wanted to share a quick story. Before kick-off tonight, I experienced a full blast of some serious Gooner whooper banter. My son brought his schoolmate home, a known Gooner, and there's been some tetchy schoolyard needling between them that's become a bit annoying.

They wanted to play PlayStation, and I had to step up and make dinner for them. The thing was that the kid has a multitude of allergies so not exactly easy. Despite the tensions between the boys, Mrs Astaire and I have tried to keep it light, understanding it as typical banter between 11-year-olds. Know what I mean?

Anyhoo around 7ish, after making sure the mate was okay with his allergies, his dad came to pick him up. Surprisingly I got no thanks for the meal preparation, Instead just a bold prediction about Chelsea beating Liverpool tonight. Serious whopperness.

"You lot are going to get stomped tonight. Chelsea are in form and you lot will be found out.... I'm so confident I whacked £20 on a City, Arsenal and Chelsea all to win Just need Chelsea to do it.;... But I know they will..... If they fucking draw I'll be gutted..... ".....

I was left dumbfounded, as I had expected at least a courteous acknowledgment of the effort I made to not put his kid in a coma.....

Obviously I couldn't help but think he had just jinxed the fuck out of it. Happily (of course) I didn't say anything in the moment, but I'm seeing him tomorrow. Can't decide whether to thank him or mock the fuck out of the douche..... How people don't understand these things is beyond me...:p
Can you please invite that kid over for another dinner before the Arsenal game?

Nunez, hits the woodwork four times in one game using Head and both feet. Madness. Lovely assist and he just kept going.
Bradley, outstanding.

They were on a bit of form before today but regardless I don’t see Poch lasting beyond the season. Who they get next is pretty much already set up to fail, the club is a shambles, nothing saves them from another ass whopping in the final.

Poch is actually the perfect manager for what is essentially a bunch of talented but directionless kids. But Chelsea fans aren't having that, most of them think they deserve to be in a title race.

Can't believe how much we're missing Mo
I said this last time he was out (also had people wringing their hands saying the sky was falling) - we had a 100% record if I'm not mistaken (when Egypt made the final).

Last edited:
Bradders first name on the teamsheet. Well, not quite, but that was a coming of age performance. What I love, is two of his assists in the last two games have started with him nicking the ball when defending. He has no fear for a newbie at all, his attacking instincts are incredible.
His defensive contributions since coming in have been excellent too.

Calm down, it’s only been against Newcastle, Bournmouth, Norwich and crappy Chelsea. Let’s not ignore the opponents but fair play to Bradley, what an option.
Only? Newcastle are playing well again, Bournemouth were THE form team in the PL and Chelsea had been coming into form (won 6 out of last 8 and drew with Villa).

Nunez has hit the woodwork 13 times this season. Thats just fine margins from having 20 goals in 21 league games.
His allround performance was fantastic. Lets hope the margins are on his side for the rest of the season.

Excellent analysis (as usual) from this guy on the game (interesting because the reason we were successful will not apply to Arsenal, CFC little press and high line).

Just watching the highlights again and it was notable that the camaraderie was special. Robbo slapping and encouraging Nunez for his assist and Nunez congratulations to (on!) Diaz after his goal. This squad has something really special and is flying.

Just subtly insert the no 20 and losing into any and every facet of the conversation and at the same time over emphasise your gratitude to him for doing you such a big big favour by coming all the way over to pick up the boy and saving you the job of dropping him off.

Last edited:
1 stonewall pen denied, 1 50/50 denied, And Mac avoided a booking. Tbh, it was a one sided performance and we were the beneficiary
And this is what still worries me about the team. Had Tierney done the right thing and given them the pen it would probably have been 3-2 and game on.
I don't know what is with the team at times? It's like they collectively lose focus, or think the opponent already is defeated and won't try so hard to score or whatever? It's puzzling.

Last edited:
And this what still worries me about the team. Had Tierney done the right thing and given them the pen it would probably have been 3-2 and game on.
I don't know what is with the team at times? It's like they collectively lose focus, or think the opponent already defeated and won't try so hard to score or whatever? It's puzzling.

I don't blame Tierney for either.. the VAR tho.. that second one, I'd have been very upset if it wasn't given for us

And this is what still worries me about the team. Had Tierney done the right thing and given them the pen it would probably have been 3-2 and game on.
I don't know what is with the team at times? It's like they collectively lose focus, or think the opponent already is defeated and won't try so hard to score or whatever? It's puzzling.

You could see the exact moment last night when we switched. The 4 subs came.on, they scored a minute later and should have had a pen.

Whether the subs just weren't warmed up properly, or their attitude was gash I don't know; but it was a worry

Only? Newcastle are playing well again, Bournemouth were THE form team in the PL and Chelsea had been coming into form (won 6 out of last 8 and drew with Villa).
Newcastle were’t when we played them, they had lost what something like previous 6 or something and rest I would have fancied us against including Chelsea who are still poor away. Point is, right side has delivered for over the last few years and not just for the last month. This is not to knock Bradley and whom else have played RF. Just a bit of perpective.

Last edited:
If ... if ... if. How many times (Spurs, United, Arsenal) have we said that when it was against us? What goes around ...

If ... if ... if. How many times (Spurs, United, Arsenal) have we said that when it was against us? What goes around ...
I'm not complaining about the decision, I'm angry about us switching off.

Last edited:
As a very conciencuous cook @Red Astaire
We play a super aggressive style that requires constant focus, and we use our subs well but are also vulnerable due to the drop in understanding while they find their feet.

& now you're gonna believe us and now you're gonna believe usssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

We're gonna w.......someone else finish it off for me, I'm not gonna be the 1.

We could have scored 10 last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom