• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Chelsea (H) - Weds 20:15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remeber that they said Oliver Kahn set fire to his gloves after letting in five against England..??
Maybe Darwin should set fire to his boots... Not while wearing them though

I was thinking about the penalties not given to Chelsea and a few reasons come to mind:

1) Are they the authorities going to ensure that Liverpool are given every advantage to win the title along with Arsenal over City ? - it would kind of make sense if the FA are going to strip City of their titles due to the 115 reasons dating back to 200X. In which case it makes it easier for them if City don't win a title this season.

2) Poch - gives special instructions to players when getting penalties, I still remember that Eric Lamina penalty against Spurs that VVD conceded at home all those years ago. Essentailly the tactic is to be in the way of the defender before he sees you so that they take a hit as he tries to clear the ball. In other words in the first penalty appeal - did that guy just run into VVD's path ?, for the 2nd again - was it the same shit ?

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-13-26-44.png

Screenshot-2024-02-01-at-13-29-58.png

@Frogfish - have to say Mac10 had an epic game and almost legendary in the archives, in the game he had to contend with two opposing players that know him so well in Caicedo, and Enzo, and he came on top against them both which was amazing to watch. That was Greek mythology stuff or Indian Hindu Mahabarrat stuff - it's a fantastic story in itself.

If it wasn't for Bradley having a coming of age performance.. every single one of us would be waxing lyrical over that was Mac Allisters best game for us.

Amazing performances by the pair of them.

I'd throw Nunez into that too. Despite the misses and woodwork.. that was 11 shots. He was a handful for them.

Macallister has had a couple of cracking games now, he’s clearly a top player.

I still think Jota sets the tone for the whole match, confident, full of energy and relentless. Everyone followed his lead.

Reactions: jan
If it wasn't for Bradley having a coming of age performance.. every single one of us would be waxing lyrical over that was Mac Allisters best game for us.

I'd throw Nunez into that too. Despite the misses and woodwork.. that was 11 shots. He was a handful for them.

A huge amount of that performance from nunez is down to Bradley for me. Just the tactic of having a right back attack the right flank opens up so much space. The inversion of Trent works wonders at times, but the pitch was so open last night due to Trent not playing

A huge amount of that performance from nunez is down to Bradley for me. Just the tactic of having a right back attack the right flank opens up so much space. The inversion of Trent works wonders at times, but the pitch was so open last night due to Trent not playing
Plus Macallister is playing some great through balls from central positions so we’re completely toothless without Trent in that sense either

Macca is one of our most important players atm, especially now that Endo is away

Nunez puts in those performances with Trent as well. Taking nothing away from the fantastic game that Bradley played. But we've seen this from Darwin on several occasions.

We look a bit more fluid with the right back play Bradley offers though, as Trent will 9/10 times move inside.
It would be great if Trent stayed wide more often. We look better when that happens and we mix it up a bit more.

Chelsea fan reactions just aren't as fun as the Scum ones :confused:

I was hoping for a much bigger and better fix of schadenfreude...

I actually LOL-ed when he missed the penalty.

As long as we're winning, he's allowed to be the clown who gives everyone a laugh or two.

I laughed because he hit the post.

I love him, but there's a clock on him as well. Let's say I buy the idea that he's just fundamentally unlucky, that somehow his hitting the frame constantly is evidence that of course he will start banging them in for fun, as opposed to instead just missing them higher and wider (which is just as logical). Being desperately unlucky is a horrible characteristic for a footballer if persistent.

So yeah, he's a desperately unlucky striker, fine. The thing is, I like lucky strikers more. If he just finishes a little more, then everyone is fine with him. It isn't happening though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom