• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason to consider this a Mickey Mouse trophy is if we don't win it.

I don't get it. You don't want to be World Champions? A tournament we haven't won, yet our major rivals have and also Manchester United?

I want to win it and get it up on the wall. I want it to be part of our quadruple or quintuple or sextuple or whatever the ridiculous number of trophies we are going to win this year is.

I don't just want to know in my head we're the best team in the world. I want proof.

I sort of get both sentiments.

We have opportunity to be champions this season and all these extra games could hinder us.

Leicester showed by playing in one competition what could be possible. We should focus our energy on the league only and use the wcc as an opportunity to rest players for 10 days in December. Though obviously that’s not going to happen

Anyone who doesn't want us to win this has no foresight whatsoever.
This may feel piddling now but in years to come it will be a huge deal.
Real Madrid won five European cups when no-one gave a fuck about it and now it's part of the pantheon of their greatness. This will be too.

Well Xavi's team, the home team that is, Al Saad being thumped for fun. I guess he might be given the marching order soon, and Everton will have another option to put in that list of theirs instead of cooking up a story via the media that they've hired Ancelotti. :)

Anyone who doesn't want us to win this has no foresight whatsoever.
This may feel piddling now but in years to come it will be a huge deal.
Real Madrid won five European cups when no-one gave a fuck about it and now it's part of the pantheon of their greatness. This will be too.
Have you been reading my posts for a change ?

Not me. I want this. This is our 4th shout at it, and we've yet to win it.

Of course no injuries and beating Leicester is the priority, but we can do both, and finally get this trophy on our roll of honours.

On our first try in 1981 Flamengo beat us 3-0. Meeting them again is our destiny.

[article]In each game Flamengo played in the Maracanã during this year’s Copa Libertadores one song rang out louder than any other. “In December 1981,” they chanted, “we ran rings around the English. 3-0 against Liverpool, it went down in history. In Rio there’s no equal, only Flamengo are world champions. And now your people ask for the world again.

Andrade argues: “When you lose, [you say] it’s not important. You try to devalue your opponent’s achievement. [Only] when they win will they know the importance of the Mundial.”[/article]
Source: https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/15/flamengo-liverpool-club-world-cup

The last time around, in 2005, we had 3 goals dissallowed, I think... And hit a couple of posts, etc. It was a ridiculous game of football.

FIFA Club World Cup 2019 Fifth Place Play-Off

Al-Sadd are 11 points behind the leaders with 2 games in hand too. Wouldn't it be better to begin your managerial career somewhere where language wouldn't be an issue?

Al Hilal 1-0 up. Flamengo look shite at the back.

Also, their coach looks like a crazy old bastard who loves his drugs and women. Basically like a guy who tunes guitars for the Rolling Stones or summat.

Both teams looked beatable, the only thing that could stop us from playing full speed is the heat. Looked fucking humid. Mind you Flamengo is in Rio, tropical weather and their players looked drenched and half dead in this humidity. World Cup 22 is going to be a mess.

What would you say is a bigger achievement, winning the CWC or going the season unbeaten with a record points haul? Beating Arsenal invincible crown and having in the trophy cabinet a gold PL cup is a fa bigger alure than the CWC. Don't get me wrong, I want both, but if I had to choose, winning the PL with an unbeaten record is probably my personal wish

What would you say is a bigger achievement, winning the CWC or going the season unbeaten with a record points haul? Beating Arsenal invincible crown and having in the trophy cabinet a gold PL cup is a fa bigger alure than the CWC. Don't get me wrong, I want both, but if I had to choose, winning the PL with an unbeaten record is probably my personal wish
Fucks sake, we have not won a league in like 30 years and now the whole world is expecting us to win it without losing a game. Lets win both cups, and to hell with these other side issues that seem to compound more pressure on our team. A league win goes down in history, no one remembers the games you lose unless you are Blackburn Rovers.

Also, their coach looks like a crazy old bastard who loves his drugs and women. Basically like a guy who tunes guitars for the Rolling Stones or summat.

Thanks for this post dude. I didn't know they were playing but it let me know and I backed Flamengo at 11/2 at half time. Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom