• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Club World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, it is a nice training camp for the lads where we get to potentially come home with a big shiny thing.

Look, it is a nice training camp for the lads where we get to potentially come home with a big shiny thing.

Don't know about that. South American teams are cunts to play against.
Dirty as fuck but go down like pussies at the slightest touch.
Like a lot of Spanish and Italians teams.

Don't know about that. South American teams are cunts to play against.
Dirty as fuck but go down like pussies at the slightest touch.
Like a lot of Spanish and Italians teams.
Yes, I witnessed some such behaviour in the Flamengo match.

This CWC is not a big tournament in it's own right of course, but the fact that you have to be European Champions to get to it, makes it worth winning when you get there.

Plus, it was the League Cup. Really couldn't care less... Of the trophies that I want to win this season, the League Cup is / was ranked behind the CWC and ahead of only the Charity Shield. Barely.

Listening to a Mexican commentator on ESPN. He thinks the odds against Monterrey are fair (1/5 LFC win, 12/1 against MFC) and they will lose by 3 or more. His rational being they can only play one style, all out attack with two DMs but their defence is weak and they have a couple of important players out injured.

" If Al Sadd had been better in front of goal they would have won 4-2"

Screenshot-2019-12-18-at-14-51-14.png

Strange. Elliot was by far our best player.

Van den Berg must be fucking fantastic in training.

Or that we’re a bit light on the defensive side due to injuries, but have plenty of attacking options.

1. Kelleher: we need another body to flick Alisson's ears
  2. Van Den Berg: they're bringing him over just to kick the shit out of him

How is it very harsh that a 16 year old kid who just joined the club doesn't get that medal?

Because of all the young players to play against Villa he was most deserving to get a call up imo.

I would reward his display with a place in the squad.

Because of all the young players to play against Villa he was most deserving to get a call up imo.

I would reward his display with a place in the squad.

I see what you say, but I am not sure I buy into it. I think one of the problems in football today has been to easy-to fast and to much for young players. Especially in PL. Big contracts and rewards are roundly handed out before they have even played a single minute first team footie.

Medals and honors should be earned through hard work. It is nice to get a PL winning medal if you have done your job or sweat some blood for it. If Elliot takes a few more steps he will maybe win these medals himself.

I don't know who gets the medals in the end anyway, but it looks strange if we send a dusin youngsters down there to collect a medal they have played zero perticipation in. Hence it looks strange that i.e. Van Den Berg is going. On the other side we don't have sufficient cover for his position so maybe they make a choice to have a back up. I don't know. I just want to see people that have put in the shift are rewarded, and those on the fringe stay hungry enough to put one in if called upon.

So to call it very harsh is in my book a bit overexxag(?)

Journalists asking Klopp to comment on Qatar's human rights record. I think that's just shit stirring of unbelievable proportions.

Journalists asking Klopp to comment on Qatar's human rights record. I think that's just shit stirring of unbelievable proportions.

No - it's the reality (like with Arsenal vs Ozil/China Instagram account).
This is like Kerr/Popovich in the NBA with China ... When money is on the line, everyone tows the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom