• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed: Bramble's off (not to LFC) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniormember

Well-Known
Clash of the Titus: Bramble confirms he's leaving Sunderland following spat with Paolo Di Canio

23 May 2013 14:31
'I've had a great three years and would like to thank every #SAFC fan for the support they have shown' the defender tweeted
Sunderland-v-Arsenal--Premier-League.jpg
Thorny issue: Bramble has struggled for playing time on Wearside
Clive Brunskill
Sunderland defender Titus Bramble has confirmed he will be leaving the club when his contract expires at the end of next month.
The 31-year-old defender said his farewells in a series of messages posted on his Twitter account today.
Bramble tweeted: "I've had a great three years and would like to thank every #SAFC fan for the support they have shown.
"The NE is a special place to play and will always be close to my heart. I wish the club and my teammates all the best for the future."

Sunderland-v-Southampton-Premier-League-1884638.jpg
Task master: Di Canio is understood to have fallen out with Bramble
Scott Heavey

HIs announcement follows reports that Black Cats boss Paolo Di Canio is trying to fine him a staggering £140,000 - in a row over training and treatment.
The big defender has been rocked by the Italian manager's attempts to hit him with a penalty of FOUR WEEKS wages, which is double the maximum punishment.
Bramble has played a peripheral part for much of the last campaign after an injury-hit spell on Wearside.
He joined the club for an undisclosed fee in July 2010 as then manager Steve Bruce returned to the DW Stadium to snap up a player whose career he had helped to revive during their time together at Wigan.
However, he has made just 51 appearances for the Black Cats during a stay which included a lengthy absence as he fought successfully to clear his name after being accused of two counts of sexual assault.

article-2352373-1A9A77FF000005DC-24_634x365.jpg

Titus Bramble has trained with West Ham United on their first day back for pre-season training.

The 31-year-old, who is available on a free transfer following his release from Sunderland, turned up for the Hammers’ first session of the summer at the club’s Chadwell Heath training ground on Monday morning.

Bramble, linked with a move to Turkish club Besiktas over the weekend, has had no other offers since he was let go by Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio at the end of last season.

The former Ipswich, Newcastle and Wigan centre-back is clearly looking for new employers to maintain a career which has mostly been played in the top flight.

But his presence with Sam Allardyce’s squad today provoked a series of derogatory comments from Hammers supporters on fans’ forums and social network sites.

Fan Paolo Mulgrew tweeted: `Please God West Ham DO NOT sign Titus Bramble!’

Privately, West Ham are insisting Bramble has simply been offered a place to train while he finds a new club.

But the central defender has been linked with a move to Upton Park in the past and, as a free transfer with vast Premier League experience, fits the profile of an Allardyce signing.

West Ham travel to Ireland tomorrow for an intensive week-long training camp in Cork and if Bramble is included in that party, it could be that West Ham will be his latest destination after all.

These days, even a tweet can get you onto a newspaper. Cool.

The biggest shock is the fact he's still a premier league player.
The only opposition player I've seen applauded onto the pitch as a sub from the Kop. Can't remember the game but it was when he played for the barcodes I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom