• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COVID and football (proper thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So thats why Ross and Dantes are so angry all the time.

If Dantes has a penis of his own... it’ll be a virtual one.

It’s more likely that Ross and Dantes share a penis - it just depends which personality is dominant as to who’s trying to tear the head off it.

Approx. 80% of those currently hospitalized for Covid are unvaccinated.

Of the approx. 20% in hospital for Covid who are vaccinated, 90%+ have additional, pre-existing conditions that we've known all along would be big factors in hospitalization and mortality rates, vaccine or no.

The average age of those who are vaccinated and currently hospitalized is 66.

The average rate of those who are unvaccinated and currently hospitalized is 38.

Vaccinations do NOT eradicate the virus. We know that. We never expected them do. But they do enormously reduce our chances of both catching and passing on the virus, and if vaccinated and infected, the chances of ending up hospitalized are incredibly small and the chances of dying are practically non-existent.

These are the facts.
It seems very clear that the vaccine has had a positive effect. Last time the UK had numbers of cases approaching what they are today there were 30000 in hospital and about 3000 in ICU, today the numbers are 7500 and 900 respectively.

But I think it is fair to say that the vaccine hasn't been as successful as we were led (or wanted) to believe. I remember reading reports that 80% adult vaccination would effectively eliminate the pandemic from a country, we are at 93% in Ireland and yet here we are .

Its OK for both those things to be true

Anecdotally, I was chatting to someone close to me who works in the NHS, and I was asking if the huge rise in cases was reflected in increased hospitalisations as I haven't really been keeping tabs on things.

They said there's high numbers in hospital, but fewer in ICU than in previous waves, with the majority in ICU being unvaccinated

Anecdotally, I was chatting to someone close to me who works in the NHS, and I was asking if the huge rise in cases was reflected in increased hospitalisations as I haven't really been keeping tabs on things.

They said there's high numbers in hospital, but fewer in ICU than in previous waves, with the majority in ICU being unvaccinated

We've still got less people in hospital than we did a couple of months ago. Not that it won't spike soon, but there's been zero additional pressure for the last couple of weeks. It's actually a bit better

Vaccinations do NOT eradicate the virus. We know that. We never expected them do. But they do enormously reduce our chances of both catching and passing on the virus, and if vaccinated and infected, the chances of ending up hospitalized are incredibly small and the chances of dying are practically non-existent.

These are the facts.

This is all bollocks.

They should introduce 5 subs as well, like every other league have done in all of Europe.

Fuck sakes, of course Sky pick Newcastle City over Wolves Chelsea. Why do they always show the shit games no one wants to see.

I can't remember the exact quote on here. But when everybody else is saying you're wrong, you should really have a think about if you're actually right.

It seems very clear that the vaccine has had a positive effect. Last time the UK had numbers of cases approaching what they are today there were 30000 in hospital and about 3000 in ICU, today the numbers are 7500 and 900 respectively.

But I think it is fair to say that the vaccine hasn't been as successful as we were led (or wanted) to believe. I remember reading reports that 80% adult vaccination would effectively eliminate the pandemic from a country, we are at 93% in Ireland and yet here we are .

Its OK for both those things to be true

It is. I'm not debating what you've just said. I'm correcting the blatant lies that a very loud, very ignorant few on this site continue to spew forth.

All fixtures on 28/29/30 expected to be postponed as a mini 'circuit breaker'.
I don't care what they postpone at the moment. I'd much prefer our strongest vs. whoever's strongest. However I'm just worried that a game or two will be rescheduled when the AFCON is on. Hopefully there aren't any potential open slots.

Feels like we just did an Athletico Madrid March 2020 fixture. Last game before a lockdown and also in front of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom