• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Downing

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is no ronaldo but he is a useful squad member. Yes we paid too much but we can't ask for much now so keep him

How many times have I said the players like downing and Milner are needed in a good TEAM. He is no worse than any of UTDs wingers this season.

Don't compare Milner to Downing - he doesn't seem to lack belief or the ability to shine against top teams.

Which one?

He's played well in the Manchester derbies, he's played well in Europe (unlike most of their team). He's a proper battler - Downing is afraid of those kind of games, which is why he is generally invisible in them.

I can't say I'm impressed with either of them in such games. Milner runs around a lot, I suppose.

I thought Milner was an exciting prospect when he first broke through at Leeds, but since leaving Elland Road, he seems to have turned more and more into a workhorse type player; reminds me of Kuyt, but without the goals. Still a decent player to have for squad depth / balance.

I agree he looked a good prospect a few years ago but he seems very limited now. I don't want more so-so players in the squad, I want top quality additions. We've got enough who huff and puff.

Every squad needs that type of player and Milner IMO is a much better example of such a player than Downing, consistent and versatile, an ideal combo for a squaddie. Unfortunately at the moment we'd be looking to him for rather more than that, which I don't think he's got.

I can't say I'm impressed with either of them in such games. Milner runs around a lot, I suppose.

you say that Macca yet he consistently plays in the 1st team of a team much better than us that wins the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom