• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2012 Day 9- Poland vs Czech, Russia vs Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I gathered, if you got one yellow during the group stage it gets wiped for the knock-out round but if you received two yellow cards in the group, you'll miss the quarter-final. Someone can correct me if that's wrong though.

I could but help support the Greek side. I know they play a boring sort of football and look kind of pedestrian at times but I do appreciate the defensive nature of their game after scoring. Given the results of today and the fact that Greece have gone through - I just want some clarification if the following is true:

1) As i understand it the rules of the teams that go through are based on: a) most points, b) head to head (c) goal difference

2) If the above is the case does that mean that if Denmark beat Germany, and Portugal beat Holland - then both Denmark, and Portugal with qualify.

3) If Germany beat Denmark, and Holland beat Portugal - does that mean that along with Germany going through it will be Denmark or will it be Holland ?

I am really excited about all this tomorrow !!!

I could but help support the Greek side. I know they play a boring sort of football and look kind of pedestrian at times but I do appreciate the defensive nature of their game after scoring. Given the results of today and the fact that Greece have gone through - I just want some clarification if the following is true:

1) As i understand it the rules of the teams that go through are based on: a) most points, b) head to head (c) goal difference

2) If the above is the case does that mean that if Denmark beat Germany, and Portugal beat Holland - then both Denmark, and Portugal with qualify.

3) If Germany beat Denmark, and Holland beat Portugal - does that mean that along with Germany going through it will be Denmark or will it be Holland ?

Holland

Wasteful Russia v Greece
•Attempts on goal: 31
•Shots on target: 2
•Shots off target: 17
•Blocked shots: 12

Czechs in full possession
•0-15 min: Cze 49%-51% Pol
•15-30: Cze 57%-43% Pol
•30-45: Cze 60%-40% Pol
•45-60: Cze 72%-28% Pol
•60-75: Cze 64%-36% Pol
•75-90: Cze 47%-53% Pol

(2) - Then Denmark, Germany and Portugal would all have 6 pts.
Denmark > Germany > Portugal > Denmark so they are equal on the head to head.
It would depend on goal difference. If Denmark win by more than 1 goal, Germany is out.
Otherwise it's goals scored. If Denmark beat Germany 1-0 or 2-1, Germany is out.
Denmark beat Germany 3-2, Portugal is out.

(3) Denmark, Holland and Portugal would all have 3 points.
Denmark > Holland > Portugal > Denmark so again equal on the head to head
Holland win by more than 1 goal, Holland goes through.
Any other scoreline and Portugal goes through.

Obviously, if Denmark draw, then Portugal goes through if it wins or draws.

Basically attack like hell or suffer the consequences!

Shame Poland went out. I mean for the tournament and for anyone staying over there for the rest of it, coz all the ones I was with were ace. This week reminded me how ace going the footy can be. I don't seem to get it with Liverpool anymore - the last party in the street atmos we had was the homecoming after Istanbul. Even the aways for the last year or so have been full of wankers.

I'm sorry, it's not working out. It's not me, it's you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom